Pretty sure TL DDOSed me

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alfred, May 24, 2015.

1. Alfred New Member

So I was in a pretty smooth leveling group in lguk last night, made it to 33-40 on my mage pretty quickly. Around level 35, however, my internet started freezing up and constantly going down. This is the first time that has ever happened. It also was around the time TL's level 46's logged off to go to sleep. Eventually had to reset my router and change my ip to fix the issues.

This caused me to miss hours of play time and sit in multiple queues. Could have probably caught up to them.

Highly doubt this is a coincidence...
  2. Aenoan Augur

You do know how DDoSing works?

1/10 troll sorry man.
    Aghinem likes this.
  3. Elkay Augur

Except that there's no direct connection from them to you. They'd have no way to get your IP.
  4. Alfred New Member

Unless they have a GM in their pocket like some seem to be suggesting. Can the GMs detect the IP im connected from? I'm assuming so
    Dumbster likes this.
  5. Valkerine Augur

OLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *gasping for breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  6. Valkerine Augur

ROFL this is equally hysterical
  7. Alfred New Member

They get my IP and send so many requests to it that my internet freezes up. Atleast that's the general idea
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

How
    yellowzombie likes this.
  9. Alfred New Member

Do you have a better explanation for why my internet decided to freeze up for the first time ever until I applied said changes?
  10. Elkay Augur

A GM could determine the IP, yes. In EQ2 we had someone that worked for SOE in our raid. He always played fair game, though, and never revealed *anything* or even suggested strats. The employees are allowed to play, too. I highly doubt there's any corruption of the magnitude you're suggesting. The closest I've seen is allowing top tier raids to test raid encounters ahead of time for balancing issues.
  11. Teren_Kanan Elder

This is amazing.
  12. Tarrin Augur

Part of me wishes this is what actually happened.
  13. Dumbster Journeyman

GM in their pocket confirmed.
  14. Lord Binky Elder

send spike

spike sent
  15. Baphamet Elder

sounds like you need to log out and get some sleep bro.
  16. Alfred New Member

Trust me I wasn't hallucinating seeing my chars take 45 seconds to cast a spell and LDing every 30 minutes
  17. Valkerine Augur

Yes. They snapchatted you to DC.
  18. Aenoan Augur

brb snapchat
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  19. Alfred New Member

I don't mind being beat to 50 but I'd like to be able to use my internet for email and other RL things. Not that TL people know what "RL" is
  20. sadre Augur

I'll just say this. When a third stage guild navigator shows up and tells you to throttle an ip, you don't ask "why."