Boxing Hate.. Pls Stahp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khulril, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanbleeky New Member

I love threads like this, OP is always ranting then taking high road asking for patience, curious but hilarious. It's basically whining about the whiners.. this always happens. ;(

It's basically saying " I am going to whinge and whine about the whiners concerning boxing, but it's not whining when I do it, merely stating an opinion " ...:)

Tbh I find boxers an embarrassment, I can afford to do it but no way will I ever do it in any game. You are basically showing that you do not have enough friends to group with, so you play alone. Boxing has always caused imbalance in any game where it is being used.

I am one of the peeps that has cancelled my sub due to the login issues. However, I am more than willing to restore it if the problem eases up a little. Shame about the boxing, camps being ruined by one boxer, where normally a group of 3-5 would fight together and have a much better time.
  2. Qenduven Elder

I 3 box and I feel the hate is completely justified.

I am able to do a lot more than a person playing a single character. I am progressing faster, I have much more versatility in where I can hunt, and will eventually be able to lock down some decent item camps at my whim. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the 3 subs and a powerful machine to run the accounts on high settings with no lag whatsoever.

I feel sorry for the people that don't have that luxury. They have to watch me and others like me have our way with the server. They are second class citizens trying to stay out of the large shadow that the boxers cast upon the realm. There are some people who may have no problem coping with this, but for the vast majority it is an upsetting reality.

Sometimes I feel guilty about it; but, as long as DBG allows it, it doesn't make sense for me to give up my advantage when most of the other boxers will not. You could say I am "part of the problem." But in reality, DBG is the problem. And they are the only ones who have the power to fix the problem.

I would be much happier if DBG just banned boxing.
  3. Khulril Journeyman

I do not box, as I previously stated. But people are naive to think they really care about a handful of people against boxing. All this boils down to money, and as long as they have population continuously high, nothing will change. You're being ludicrous if you think otherwise. They will shuffle things around and do just enough to keep people around and give the impression they care, but they don't. The server is nothing more than a cash grab. I know this and accept it and will enjoy the nostalgia for a little while. But I'm not gonna waste time complaining about things that won't change.
  4. Rauven Augur

Making a spreadsheet and then typing a couple of SQL commands is not recreating a game. I'm not asking anything of them that I haven't done myself. Granted its on a higher scale as X classes * 55 levels is quite a high number. But that's why I suggested using a program to generate the stats, which I have also done.

The hardest part is applying the templates. But not really.. mobs already have a 'class' template associated with them. Some are warriors, some are shaman, some are clerics, ect. So as long as that can be referenced in a database, its a simple SQL command.

If you don't know anything about SQL then I can see why you're not understanding just how simple it is.
  5. Khulril Journeyman

Considering a large portion of the company was let go, and they're struggling just to keep the server stable, then yes it would be quite difficult for them.
  6. Calbiyum Journeyman

people 3 man onyxia they didn't need to box
  7. Rauven Augur

At level 60 in dungeon 1? Nope they sure didn't.
  8. Calbiyum Journeyman

9. Rauven Augur

DUNGEON ONE. Aka Valor or Shadowcraft.

The guy in the video is using a Windfury and raid gear. Not to mention Devastate is on the hotbar. That wasn't added till Burning Crusade.

Try again. This time with Dungeon one and before patch 2.0
  10. yellowzombie Elder

Not sure how this entire thread got derailed onto a conversation about mocking classic EQ's simplistic gameplay mechanics.

Yes, I suppose that allows massive boxing operations to happen. But whether or not that requires or demands it is another thing entirely. I think that's what most people are upset about. Big, overpopulated server negates need for boxing an entire group, just like it negates the need for mercs, etc. etc. Let's not relitigate it again.

Also, there's really no need to get so salty.
  11. Calbiyum Journeyman

So what if they're wearing raid gear stop nit-picking . And also it was added a month before BC
    It's a video of people 3 manning onyxia like I said and you're mad that they didn't do it naked or the day the servers launched. gosh golly
  12. Lennyn Elder

Actually, if he had simply responded to tells from the GM that was observing him he wouldn't have been suspended. All they care about is if someone is at the keyboard. They don't care about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
  13. Lennyn Elder

If everyone has access to it, it's not an unfair advantage.
  14. Rauven Augur

Point is, I can do the same thing in EQ if I used 3 tiers above the content. Which invalidates whatever point you were trying to make. I'm not even sure you know what it was. Other than to derail.
  15. Tachya Elder

I used to be somewhat indifferent to boxers, but the experience with Ragefire in the past few days has left me with a profound distaste for them. Congratulation 6 boxers with your [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] automation semi-botting, you made a new enemy, and you, OP, rabidly defending them only add fuel to the fire.
  16. Tamier Augur

You don't have any idea if thats true or not, and neither do I. They might not have cared. But their email suggests otherwise, which he posted as well. It referred him to any 3rd party program that gives an unfair advantage. So that suggests you are incorrect and I am right. But neither of us know for sure.
  17. Tamier Augur

No, because its a 3rd party program. Lol can't believe people are this slow, or pretending to be publicly to justify their actions.
  18. Tachya Elder

It requires extra accounts so it's Pay to Win by definition (I'm not sure what [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] costs if anything and it's not the only boxing tool out there anyway).

I pay more so I'm better / more useful / more important than you - a stance already defended by boxers on this forum.
  19. Calbiyum Journeyman

3 tiers would be tier 9. You said in WoW you couldn't smash content and I showed the 3 man onyxia video. I understand it was at the end of the xpac but the still did it before level cap was raised. I guess the moral is MMOs are easy and everyone go home
  20. Riley Augur

Automated teams of boxed characters are toxic and ruin the server. Ooh, you paid for 6 accounts. Good for you. If your characters all move and cast in tandem, you're cheating. Don't let the door hit ya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.