Ragefire Update May 22 @ 5:45PM PDT: The AFK Problem, Fix INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 22, 2015.

1. Darzag Elder

2. Vessen Lorekeeper

People who are saying the AFKers are not the problem are delusional to say the least. Theres easily a thousand AFKs last night preventing the people who would actually play.

Keep putting your tin foils on.
    Systolic likes this.
  3. Kukaw Augur

Thanks for the hopeful <Fingers crossed> fix, and for the update.
  4. Tamier Augur

It will help hundreds immediately, and hopefully the rest of them to have shorter wait times.
  5. Systolic New Member

Yeah I was grouped with a guy who was explicitly saying that he wasnt going to log off until he was kicked off so that he could keep his spot.
  6. Vessen Lorekeeper

Cost too much? You could make a 600$ PC that would run better then most servers out there.

Sorry a multi million dollar company cant make that happen.
  7. Draden Elder

The afks are a symptom of the problem, that the server can't handle the number of players who want to play. All this is going to do is boot people and create a bottle neck on the log in server. I bet there wouldn't be this afk issue if the server wasn't at capacity.

Sorry people can't get in it sucks, but booting people isn't going to get others in, just shifts the problem from server limit to login server issues, eventually it just all starts all over again.

Fix the problem, not the symptoms.
    Lekkric18, sihpa and jAbb like this.
  8. Mardy Augur

Thanks for the response. I figured it really wasn't something you guys thought about building because login queues are never an issue with EQ Live servers. But I think this will serve you well should you decide to open more special ruleset servers in the future. We've seen this same server capacity issues during all rounds of progression servers now.

It's just too bad that so many people are passionate about coming back to EQ, yet they are turned away due to old technology. Anyways, I appreciate the hard work you guys put into trying to improve the experience for EQ progression fans.
    Tamier likes this.
  9. vardune Augur

Yes, exactly but this community doesnt seem to grasp the real problem.
  10. smoon7 New Member

Only DBG should have been more prepared to accept everyone, regardless if they are AFK. You do realize the reason people are going AFK is because DBG failed to provide adequate server capacity or an additional server. Therefore, it is in no way the fault of those who are AFK. period.
  11. Absor Developer

Long enough to make a sandwich or use the restroom. Not long enough to build a mission to Mars or instate world peace.

Details on exactly how this will work are being withheld to make it harder to scam the system. If you're playing, you won't have a problem.

A
    Keldaria, moogs, Yalikteniel and 4 others like this.
  12. Vessen Lorekeeper

You are part of the problem. You must have afk'd with your 6 mages now mad you got to log them all in again. Hope you dont get to.
  13. Zechs Lorekeeper

Sounds good to me! Thanks! Was worried I was going to have to power puff my terrible habit to make it back in time lol
  14. Heartland Augur

As long as you're saying it's not impossible to scam the system, I will be happy.
  15. vardune Augur

So i am an old fella, if i wanna take a good long will u all boot me so i then have to wait In the capacity has been reached go to bed screen all night again.
  16. Zomo New Member

Wow I got in! Thank you! Brb bio...
  17. Zesta Journeyman

this update is good and very appreciated but why didn't you just opened 2 servers from the start like quite a few of us warn you about this very issue (over populated server) many of us who gave the warning played on the 1st 2 servers and knew what to expect. anyways thank you for addressing the AFK issue
  18. Tamier Augur

Its not their fault the server is at capacity... thats a long stretch but maybe. Its damn sure partly their fault hundreds if not thousands of people couldn't play. Thats pretty dang rude. Some of those people were afk for over 6 hours.
  19. Starshape Elder

Can we get an official response as to why you won't bring up a second server and merge them in 6 months?
    sihpa and Dalai like this.
  20. Vessen Lorekeeper

Yeah. If you are not willing to play, log out so someone else who will and wants to play can. Dont go afk with 6 bots to go to the store when 6 other players who dont have bots and taking up server space and actually want to play a legit non-busted version of the game can.