Remember when I said boxers would ruin this server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tzeriel, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzeriel Lorekeeper

I was 100% right. Boxers taking up 2-6 slots with one person. Server overcrowded. GG. Enjoy your private server, boxers.
    Paragons likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Were you truly talking about this, or about taking up the content?

I think we all assumed they'd provided the server capacity to log in....
  3. Ultrazen Augur

It doesn't matter if it's 1 person or 6, it's 15 bucks each to DB, and something they had plenty of prior warning about. All the server sees is paid accounts, they should have been ready for paid accounts. Sluffing this off on boxers (I'm not one of them), is taking the blame off of where it belongs, and that is squarely on DBG.
  4. Mardy Augur

By my count judging by the class channels, there are close to 4,000 logged in. I'm sorry but in the past 4 hours I've been playing, I saw more people and real groups than boxers. I think people should stop trying to combine two different issues.

Server being full and people unable to login can't be blamed on the boxers. The login issues affect everybody, including people who can't login their boxed characters if you think about it. So throwing tomatoes all over the evil terrible boxers over this issue really sounds a bit stretched and desperate.

If you want to argue about whether boxers affect how people are grouping and how ingame content are being played, sure, there are plenty of discussions in various threads on this point. But this login issue with server being full is a completely different problem, one which affects everybody equally, no matter if you are casual, hardcore, soloer, duoing with friends, grouper, 3-boxer, 6-boxer, etc..
  5. kulca New Member

DB can earns 6 box players 90 bucks per person every month,so they should be VIP for DB.lol.
    Rouan and Sarthorn like this.
  6. Vessen Lorekeeper

You are dumb friend. When I played there were easily 30+ afks in on noobie zones sitting there. All I seen was trains or mage groups with piles of bodies around them. Actually makes me wanna roll a mage just to experience the real op.
  7. Mardy Augur

I saw some of them, but they are by far NOT the majority. If you think 6-boxing teams are the majority, you're lying and stretching the truth.

AFK's are a completely different issue, one in which they are addressing in a patch soon:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...22-5-45pm-pdt-the-afk-problem-fix-inc.221884/
  8. Draden Elder

Did the boxers take 6 separate votes on every single pole that DBG put out? Don't think so, how could they expect the volume when 1/2 the votes actually accounted for 75% of the accounts? I am sure they saw pole numbers and extrapolated expected capacity on those votes. When boxes bring in 3-6 additional accounts, those numbers simply won't work.

Not only are boxers taking up capacity on a crowded server from other actual people, they screwed everyone by deceived the poll numbers on expected numbers.
  9. Dabrixmgp Augur

why cant they just do what p99 does and ban anyone running multiple accounts from same IP unless they have permission cause of same house.
  10. Vessen Lorekeeper

Imagine all the room if people could only box 2 accounts. Wouldnt be half as much except from the Neckbeard God-Tier Fedora Bros.
    Tachya likes this.
  11. Mardy Augur

That kind of stance works when you're running a free to play, community project. It's a nightmare for a gaming company to try and figure out which household really does have 3-5 real people playing instead of 1 person boxing. Not only that, you have to justify to your investors and suites why you're turning down potential revenue. It may work for P99, but it just doesn't work for a for profit company.
  12. Jaxarale01 Augur

None of it matters, there is literally nothing to kill past the instanced newbie zones anyway... 50 in Qyenos hills, 90 in BB.
    Once everyone gets logged in it will be worse. I appreciate that people cant get in and this will help however there really is nothing to do once past level 4
  13. Lejaun Augur

I'm seeing a ton of 6-boxers taking up content and space on the server. Most of them tend to be mage led. They are on auto follow on the mage, who plows down content by himself that a normal group has to struggle with.
  14. Draden Elder

Shortsighted and undereducated propel are fooled by this, providing data to shoe that you actually losing revenue instead of gaining it with this practice is easy to do and people shown that evidence over and over again. The only other factor is the cost to moderate it vs the loss of cash, which is the major problem I think. Paying even a single person with benefits is a tremendous expense, and require a huge difference in subs to justify. Add the fact that it would take several people if not a legion to moderate this, which is where the project would fall apart.
  15. Kaayne New Member

If they got rid of the boxers, you wouldn't have a game to play anymore.
    Frenzic likes this.
  16. Goodnews Augur

What I've pondered is why do the boxers want a congested server to begin with? When boxing that many, your playing alone. Why not just roll on Fippy or Vulak and enjoy yourself?
    Do you really have to be around other people and then hog up server capacity, mobs, camps, etc? Its silly if you take a second to think about it.
    Imagine if they identified the boxers and simply kept them in a different instance the entire time? Would they notice?
    Tachya and Lierdal like this.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

While I did see box groups (I played since about 8:30am Central) here and there, I saw mostly solo players. Once my guild had officers on to do guild invites, myself and another shaman made the trek from Halas to Freeport. From there, we did a couple pulls together in Commonlands, but then got into a group there. That ended up not going well, but there were lots of groups of REAL players. We ended up forming a guild group and taking part of Befallen. Moved a couple people in as others left, and had a great time. I think once we rid ourselves of the dregs that just want to muck things up for others, and the folks that don't have the stomach for starting from scratch in this era, things will consolidate into a really good place to play Everquest.
  18. Mardy Augur

Pretty much what I've seen. People love to exaggerate like omg they're everywhere and all 90 people in the zone are boxing groups. When in fact overwhelming majority are real groups, soloers, duoers, and small groups of real people doing their own things.

If people want to talk about lack of content choices in classic EQ and overcrowding, then sure, let's talk about lack of content in classic. It is a real issue and the main reason I advocated for classic + kunark. But hey, the other vote won, so we have now all try to enjoy ourselves with 6 months of overcrowding. People want to place blames on boxers and box armies, when in fact there's not enough content & camps for even a fraction of the real player groups. Not even 2 servers would alleviate this problem when you have 4,000 players playing, all packed into classic EQ trying to exp and farm for loot.

It's a problem with classic EQ, it's a problem with a lack of login queue system, and it's an overcrowding problem that affects the game due to the amount of people wanting to play. And no I'm not a boxer, I occasionally will box 1 extra character, but so far I've been playing just 1 character with my g/f.
  19. Paragons New Member

Right..everyone gets it... Its business. Thats no excuse; DBing is known to be a major destruction and imbalance of a game server (new). Its always tolerated in EQ because of the age, extra money.
    It was a convenience to both sides.
    In this case it was unrealistic to allow. Then give the BD'rs their own server for god sake lol.
    Makes no sense..
    Been watching streams all day bro..they "are" everywhere.
    I used to box long ago; started boxing in Kunark actually but not everyone and there mother was doing it. It was more about if your connection and PC could handle it.(for obvious reason). Now in everyday its encouraged and easy to do.
    Defending it just means you in some way take part of the abuse it now causes.
    You get all these people back and EQ was known for being social; DBing is anti social..
  20. Ceffener Augur

How can these people get 6 characters on when you can't seem to get 1 on...
    P3Flier7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.