Play Like It's 1999 - Ragefire & Lockjaw Servers Now Available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 21, 2015.

1. BosnaDaGreat New Member

I'm paying for 6 accounts and I can't get a single account on this new server, come on Daybreak. Pull your heads out your and address this issue. Looks like P99 is going to getting the majority of their player base back.
  2. pinnical New Member

Daybreak, you got me this time (for $14.99), you will not get me again!!!!

Membership canceled.
  3. Jilkk New Member

Lol, they are on holiday weekend now good luck... think they are going to pay overtime?
  4. Darzag Elder

The Ragefire server is NOT available.
  5. Monstrose New Member

I cant get into play at all, World server maximum capacity blah blah. I have a feeling people are just leaving their toons in and not logging out and that is why no one else can log in. I know one player was afk an hour and never got kicked. Im getting carpel tunnel trying to get in.
  6. Tachya Elder

What was that? You have too many paying players and want some of us to go away?
  7. Gnom New Member

How about you hurry up and fix the problems by opening up another server. No need to worry about the people who need to afk so they dont lose their spot on the server. You have MORE then enough people looking to play on Ragefire to support opening a second one. please try to learn from the past and what actually works, you dont need to try and put your own spin on things that arn't broken. 2 progression servers when they go live always works....FIX THIS
  8. Chomanno New Member

All Access for 4 accounts...what is the value of something that you can not use as you wish whn you pay for "Enhanced" services. Eventually the value becomes "ZERO" and the customer decides the expenditure is not justified.
  9. Janakin Augur

Project 1999 has around 1.5k players on it on average and it is more like 1999 in that the exp is slow, you have to do corpse runs. Where it is not like 1999 is that they ban boxers. I started playing it with the recent DB announcement and it has been a blast. Guess since I cannot login to Ragefire and continue where I left last night (I camped out!) I will go back to p99 tonight ~

Also last night I was in and out on all the characters I made last night so it would not surprise me if people where also holding their spot by staying at the character select screen.
  10. Janakin Augur

11. Gehlfein Elder

Here's an AFK solution - unplug the damn server.

And while you're at it, give me my money back. Two days, still can't get in.
  12. Gnom New Member

AFK is not the problem, not making a second server so EVERYONE who wants to log in can. afk is only happening because you dont have enough room on the one server for everyone to play.... jesus use your brains.
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  13. Janakin Augur

I finally got in and I had a hard time leaving Neriak Commons with so many afkers...
  14. Janakin Augur

And now I get a message saying server is coming down in 14mins... lol
  15. Janakin Augur

16. Hinanar New Member

This is nothing like 1999. Looks like you all are creating artificial demand for something that's not really there. Figures Sony would turn it over to someone even more crooked than them. You say there are 3,000 people allowed in with 1,000's more waiting. Well JUST the people that were in paid $45,000 this month. Not including the people that aren't even getting what they are paying for. You mean to tell me that you couldn't afford a server that would hold more than 3,000 people? p99 can hold this and I bet they don't make $45,000+/month.

That's not even counting all the Daybreak Store purchases, which costs you absolutely $0.

I can rent 64 core, 256GB ECC Ram, 1gbit boxes for $300/month (I have 17 of them). This is a joke.

Not like they care what anyone has to say. They rigged the vote for type of server, and the server name and all.
  17. Puzzled Lorekeeper

Thx Janakin for the updates
    Janakin likes this.
  18. MisterShake2099 New Member

All these flavors and so many chose... salty.
    karioki and Janakin like this.
  19. Mr Dali New Member

And it is so easy to fix .. They are 99% sure to be running on some kind of VM ware servers ..

1. borrow 95% of the cores assigned to Vulak and Fippy .. those servers have typically 5-10 players top
    2. add 64 - 128 cores more to the cluster ... you can afford it with prolly at least 2k players that re-enabled their All-Access for Ragefire
    3. Code a friggin Log-in Queue so people don't have to be sitting getting carpal syndrome pressing a button each 2-3 seconds to try to log in ... redicolous that you can't figure such simple things out in a software house ...
    4. Add a 15 min inactive kick from server... We don't have bazaar for a long time yet, and all other modern games uses this to clear the clutter of people just going afk to sleep ...

It's your business ... show us that you care about players that is actually awake and playing actively.
  20. Janakin Augur

It is back up :)