Chargeback on 6 Accounts. Peace

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Peace, May 22, 2015.

1. Healiez Augur

The gave you the services you paid for. Just because you did not get to play on the server of your choosing does not mean that DBG was in the wrong. There are over a dozen other servers you could of played on.
  2. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

What names were you going to use so that those of us in game can claim them?
    Dude McBlasto likes this.
  3. Progress Augur

People crack me up. You are absolutely correct. If you file a dispute you will get your money back and DBG will be hit with a dirty mark. Enough dirty marks and credit card companies won't let DBG use their processing services.
  4. Balding_Bear New Member

He doesnt want to be begged to come back, hes simply letting daybreak know, on their own forums that hes unhappy with their service. Thats how i see it. I havent played live EQ in literally 10 years, but i subbed for this server. I'm cancelling too. Why? It's because of all the oversights really. It just seems like a cash grab for DBG. They had to know the server would be at capacity during this launch. Had to. They should have planned accordingly, and possiblt done as the community asked and make 2 servers then merge them. I dont know, and its not my problem or concern really. The reality is that i payed my 15 bucks to experience the launch of a fresh server again. I simply cannot log in when i have time available to play, and that is unacceptable to me for a service im paying for. It's just my 2cp in the kettle, but i dont see how this launch could have gone any worse. Later Ragefire.
    Mourne likes this.
  5. Vasil Journeyman

I think they get a $75 fee too =)

Hit them where it hurts. This firm needs to be taught a lesson that you can not come in and slash staff and then lie about the services you provide.
  6. Happyfunball New Member

"I know you ordered a steak dinner, but that comes with a baked potato and a glass of water both of which are items we gave you. Unfortunately we have no more steak but I think you'll agree you're still getting fair service for what you paid for. Again, sorry about no steak. Would you like another baked potato?"
  7. Rauven Augur

I don't think you'll do it. That actually means talking to someone face to face or over the phone. Most millenials are incapable of such.
  8. Amoeba Augur

Yeah, going on their own forums telling them you are going to dispute charges you knowingly made on your own because you are unhappy with a small aspect of their service (remember the all-access pass is not just a sub to the ragefire server).

So all the above talk about harming them because you wish to engage in a form of fraud while freely admitting it to your victim, is laughable.

Anyway... and most importantly...
    BYE FELICIA!
    Exitx likes this.
  9. Healiez Augur

That is not even remotely similar
  10. Sheezy New Member

Anyone is free to dispute charges and likely win the dispute. Daybreak cannot impact your credit score because you're not applying for and they do not provide revolving credit lines to their customers nor do they collect your social security number. Daybreak is likely going to ban your accounts for reversing them. That's the most probable outcome for disputing charges, it's very straight forward and simple. If you dispute something on your CC, you typically always win (unless you do it too much and your CB rate is > your purchases). Credit card companies heavily favor consumers over merchants. That's just how it is.

If a companies charge back rate exceeds 2% or 3% of their total sales, they typically are required to undergo a heavy penalty in the form of keeping 10% to 20% of their total monthly sales on hand in their merchant account. If they exceed 5% CB's of their total sales, they will often have their merchant account revoked and funds held for a period of time to settle open disputes and possible future ones.

That's how it works. Look it up.
  11. Zujilli Elder

Daybreak bans people for doing charge backs.
  12. Rudolpho New Member

I worked, at a high level, for a payment processing company. We dealt directly with Visa, MC, and Discover...

The credit card company will side with him, and allow the chargeback. They will always side with the customer, as long as the customer can come up with even a semi-legitimate reason..generally, even if the reason isn't true. They don't spend a lot of resources investigating such a small chargeback.

However, honestly, if he purchased 6 memberships specifically for the progression server, and he cannot get in, then his complaint is legitimate to begin with.

You have it backwards. Chargebacks do not damage the credit of the customer. Chargebacks are a negative mark on the company that was providing the service/goods that have been charged back. Each chargeback also results in an additional fee to the company. Daybreak won't just have to give the money he paid for his memberships back, but will also LOSE money on top of that, due to fees from the CC companies.

Edit:
    All that said, I was able to get into Ragefire last night, and this morning. Happily grinding away as we speak :D

It IS possible to get in. Just gotta keep trying for a bit.
    DBCooper likes this.
  13. Exitx Journeyman

Bye. Thank you for sharing your financial plans with all of us.
  14. Amoeba Augur

This post is so beautiful. Honest. Heartfelt. To the point. You sir, should get immediate access into the server. Devs! Make it so.
    Exitx likes this.
  15. deathdodge Journeyman

Ive petitioned before and got my money back since I didnt use the service. which is what Im about to do since I obviously cant use it.
  16. Aurmoon Augur

We attempted to serve you the steak, but it was undercooked. We took it back to the kitchen to cook it a little bit more. We know other customers had their steak delivered already, but please be patient. You're welcome to walk out of the restaurant and not pay, but it disrupts others' dining experience when you yell and stamp your feet on the way out.
  17. Akimo Elder

Meh I would disagree, I win stuff like this on a daily basis. Their terms of service that he agreed to has clauses in that and it's all they really need to win it. He still has access to every other product available within his all access pass. Now if he can provide information that states he was unable to use his purchase in any form because Ragefire went down, then he might have something. But then again it could be completely different then from what I deal with on a daily basis and I could just appear to be talking out my . I am going to assume you handle chargebacks for a large card company by your responses and would be curious to pick your brain on stuff.
  18. Exitx Journeyman

I'm good, I just logged out.
  19. Arkiln New Member

This is a very small point you all are missing completely. You are not required to purchase everquest it comes completely free of charge, you can play on ALMOST ever server with the exception of you guessed it Ragefire. That alone would in fact make Ragefire a service not everquest. I/he/you/us/we are not able to access said service do to no fault of our own. He 100% wins his chargeback, if sony/dbg whom ever bans his accounts I'd be talking to a lawyer.
  20. Kalipto Augur

See this post? This is a reasonable person posting a reasonable message about their feelings. Take note. Whiny little pwussies who threaten to take their ball and go home will get themselves no-where.

Also, glad to see a botter go. Nobody plays 6 characters legally. You know you're cheating, we know you're cheating. I just wish your post was actually real and that you were actually leaving the game. Instead of some stupid ploy to try and get things changed.