Maybe if we just ignore players, they'll shut up?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hasculf, May 21, 2015.

1. Hasculf New Member

You guys are spending the sympathy goodwill you had really fast. The silence is a very loud message.
  2. Wiji Elder

Buncha new people that haven't played this game in 14 years thinks anyone gives a shit about their entitlements hahahahah
  3. Merry Elder

Wee, the team went to bed... the best you could hear would be the snore. ;)
  4. Hasculf New Member

I know, so silly to feel entitled to what you pay for. I mean, restaurants don't have to give you your food when you buy it, unless they feel up to it that day.
  5. Gehlfein Elder

I know, right? People think they deserve something because they paid money for it. What kinda fairy tale world are they living in.
  6. Merry Elder

Simply put, they sold more subs than they could serve with free slots on the server.

Actually we had a similiar situation over here with a ISP.
    The ISP sold more accounts for people to get into the web than it could actually handle at a time, which ended up having people not being able to use their internet access via said ISP.
    Needless to say the ISP was sued to hell and they had to refund a lot of people until they were down to numbers that their infastructure could handle.
    Then again that was in germany, no idea how this would play out in the U.S. ...
  7. Rathmog New Member

I've unsubscribed. This is lack of customer service is a sad joke.
  8. Gehlfein Elder

I'm giving them one more day to get it right.

I have any issues Friday night logging in, I'm either getting a refund or they're getting a chargeback. Their choice.
  9. Chealin New Member

Yep, same here. They got my money, they can keep it. That will be all they will ever get from me again.
  10. Wiji Elder

If you're gonna be a gigantic baby over 4 hours you really don't need to be playing EQ in the first place. Good riddance
    Slayan likes this.
  11. Reyed New Member

Take the DBG out of your mouth son. You been choking on it for 2 days.
    Gehlfein likes this.
  12. Gehlfein Elder

Fanboys with neckbeards are pretty bad too.
  13. Wiji Elder

Anyone who has been followed EQ AT ALL in the past decade knew how this would go down. We know how this game has been run and we are not surprised at all. I guess that makes me a fanboy for being a realist.

What do you reasonably expect them to do? Make the server magically handle more people? Come out and make you a sandwich with punch and pie? Move you to the front of the line because you ~Really Like Classic Everquest~?
  14. Gehlfein Elder

I expect to Play Everquest when I click Play Everquest, you donkey.
    Reyed likes this.
  15. Reyed New Member

Where to start....

They have BI people. I expect them to do predictive analytics. I further expect that those analytics will be used to justify the purchase of...like modern hardware. It's not magic for people with business acumen but I'm sure it seems like magic to someone like you...
  16. Wiji Elder

Again you have no idea how EQ, or any low-budget MMO has been run for the past decade.
  17. Liquid741 New Member

whoa...someone played the "neckbeard" card. it's getting serious!
  18. moogs Augur

The airlines do this to us each and every day.
  19. moogs Augur

Not very good BI. They had job postings on the SOE site for years and apparently had trouble finding the right solution. (EQplayers.com hollaback)
  20. Reyed New Member

Was that EQ Verant? EQ 989? SOE? DBG?

They have each taken a distinct and nuanced approach. DBG should have insisted that the old dogs they kept around (mistake 1) should have performed at a higher tier.

Incidentally, my oldest active character was born in February 2000. I'm not exactly new here.