The actual issue they are fixing, Confirmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vulak-Arkadius, May 20, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Yep, you and Random_Ench are correct.
  2. MMOer Augur

Not to mention the vacation time I took to click on full server buttons and have my characters wiped.

Will they refund the $1000's in vacation time as well?
  3. Lord Binky Elder

No they shouldn't pay to fix mistakes made by your own illogical actions.
  4. Warriorgod Journeyman

Either you took a lot of vacation time, or I want your job :p
  5. sihpa Augur

Disable nub zone instancing and load up Lockjaw to offset the population issues? 1 or 2am release would also help to lower the stress on those zones too. Just a thought! :p
  6. Banuvan Augur

Taking time off work is a choice. I am not saying it was a bad choice but it was a choice you made...not DBG. If you take a day(s) off for anything else and it gets cancelled you might be refunded the cost of that specific activity but not for the time you took off work. The same principle applies here.

Also, while a day added to subs would be cool it's not really necessary as im guessing the majority of us have been playing online games for a while now and things like this happen.
    Jackie V. likes this.
  7. Sandrito Elder

You think this is bad?
    You should have been around for the ArcheAge launch, which IMO was the worst launch of an mmorpg ever.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

Or you could just, you know, release two servers and get rid of instancing.... weird.
    sihpa and MBear like this.
  9. sturmok New Member

I was there for Archeage. Really wasn't that bad apart from the land rush.
  10. MBear Augur

All these people mad that they won't have a full month to farm with their MAG armies to afford the second round of Kronos next month.
  11. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

Which was a brand new game, not 16 years old.
  12. MBear Augur

That is not true, there was 8 hour queue times to get into the game for like 2 weeks. If you did get in and were afk for a very short period, you would get kicked out of the game then you would have to start the 8 hour queue over again.
    Some people were in the queue for days before they ever got logged in the first time and the land rush was completely over with no land left.
  13. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

lets be honest here...its a 3day weekend because of Memorial Day, you cant tell me this didnt already work out perfectly to make it into a 5 day weekend to begin with EQ as an excuse...just because EQ isnt available doesnt mean you cant enjoy that time off
    Jackie V. and Silv like this.
  14. Saryx New Member

I reactivated my sub earlier today solely for this server launch. If they wait for longer than a day to fix the issues, especially 5-6 days, I hope Daybreak has some subscriber time compensation in mind. If not, I'm hoping they'll accommodate people like myself through a support ticket.
    Lord Binky likes this.
  15. Blingx Augur

If you guys took a vacation on a Cruise liner and a disaster occurred that prevented you from going on the cruise would you expect more than what you spent to be refunded? It's possible you would get your money back and MAYBE a voucher for a later date. The cruise liner can't give you anything else to make your vacation less wasted since your plan was to spend the vacation on the cruise which isn't shipping.
    DBG's cruise is grounded. All your SC is getting refunded and you will be able to cruise again at a later date. Not much else they can give you.
  16. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Why I don't think this is true:
    1. Tutorial is an instanced zone with a very similar load balancing, why isn't it a problem on live?
    2. Why are pre-existing old characters getting boosted?
    3. It looks like they might be about to run another test if you check Holly's twitter, so the problem isn't as hard to resolve as you lead us to believe (https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/601254658611384321)
    Edit: Fixed twitter link
  17. Chat_Girl New Member

It could be just me, but if it is actualy a hard coded code
    issue, EQ has to be running atleast some functions off
    scripts (such as quests and I would assume some other
    ingame things, not related to the code). Instead of
    changing this code, and prolly fail again, wouldnt it
    be easier to make a script where when player x is
    created to set level to 1 and delete inventory, spells,
    and skills and add starting items/spells ?
  18. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

People seems to forget that newbie yard instances are a new thing to live servers. Beta server works for most stuff, but live server interactions (cross zone loading, instances, login) cannot be tested unless the live server is up for test already. It would have been awesome if they had left a couple days off beta for a closed betatest of the actual ragefire server instead of just the software that would run it. That way this could maybe have been avoided.
  19. MMOer Augur

I took Wed Thur off without any regard for Memorial day... then I realized and added Friday as well.

You know... I do have a family and other obligations so two days of my three that I will be able to play are gone.
  20. MMOer Augur

enough to afford a house and cars...Nothing glamorous at all. this downtime hurts... I value the time I get to enjoy my hobby. I have very limited time to do so