Wow..they are wiping the server to make names avalible to players who didnt get the name they wanted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trow Journeyman

It's not a big deal. People that are overreacting about this would have quit in less than a month anyway. I'm just as excited as the next guy to play, but it's really not a big deal starting a day or two later.
  2. Tamier Augur

Just goes to show ya the entitlement mentality in today's time. I was too lazy to get off my butt and check the server that could have opened anytime around 3pm, and didn't notice it opened at 2:35pm. WWAAAAHHHHH
  3. svann Augur

That makes no sense. The only reason I can think of that some didnt get the name they wanted is because DB opened the server early. Was that an accident? Did they not realize that would happen?
  4. Ishbu Augur

People who grabbed a name that became level 50 would lose that name. Its not fair to them to lose that name because of a bug. This works in more than one way.
  5. Tamier Augur

When you are no longer a noob mmo player, come back and let me know how you feel on that comment. Some of us have been playing since mmo's began. We have used the same pre-mmo D&D name or other special name for the last 20 years. During that time, other people have either liked the name, or decided to write it down and steal it because they're too lazy to create their own. In the last 10 years, an original and unique D&D name from almost 30 years ago, has been stolen from me in the last 15 mmo's i've played. That is a valid reason, its not whining. Its aggravating. Maybe you being too new to mmo's to understand this happens, is what is beyond ignorant...
    SBC0 likes this.
  6. SBC0 Elder

I wonder if they will give us a warning this time when it will be available
  7. Kildire New Member

So its more fair that I might have to wait til 3AM my time to get a name I already had? And even if I am awake, it is going to be limited number of people getting in right away, and therefore I may be on but cant get in and I stayed up for nothing. Then a smaller number of people get to snatch up names? It is just a cluster all around.
  8. vardune Augur

that post is what makes me mad, I don't care about anything else but saying they are wiping to free up names pisses me off.
  9. Tiig New Member

Its a freaking name. Whats more important, game balance or a few letters above your toon?
  10. Malo New Member

The stickied, locked thread at the top of these forums I believe Roshen will post there. At least that's what he said on it earlier
  11. SBC0 Elder

With all due respect, they were told to delete the toon as soon as they logged in- they had more than fair warning. If they chose to continue playing with that lvl 50 toon, for whatever reason, if they lost the name that is their issue not ours.
  12. Oberon Augur

I am sure everyone here has put great thought into their character name, made it cool and original and there isn't any chance anyone would steal it!
  13. Selfless Lorekeeper

14. Wandidar Elder

I don't really get the whole "didn't get my name" thing. Haven't most of us spent enough time trying to start a game and spending 30 - 60 minutes typing something and seeing "name not available" - that we have subsequently spent some time creating a stock of unique names we know will work?
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

been playing since 2000.. who gives a f if you cry for your name you had 15 years ago... grow a pair and quit whining like a school yard sissy... people... and i mean 40 somethings that literally are crying cause they cant have the same name they had a decade ago... are pathetic. no wonder the USA is the bottom rung of society... this is what is important... a name you had 15 years ago...

#pathetic
  16. Grish Augur

And it's somehow more fair to open it tonight at some random time after they get it going? I think not. That is no point at all.
  17. Qenduven Elder

Is this you? [IMG]
    Friday likes this.
  18. Qing Journeyman

don't be an idiot. They launched the server long before the scheduled release time. Tons of people, myself in included, "planned their schedules t o be on early enough to get their names". Those that got on early didn't plan , they got lucky and an unfair advantage.

QQ, please.
  19. Tamier Augur

And hypocrits who are crying for reset for the same reason, are a rung lower on that ladder pal.
  20. Silv Augur

Except that is completely out of context. They are not wiping to give everyone a second chance at names. It's a secondary effect of the main problem - they already said earlier that if you had a character that Lv 50'd the name would be made unavailable unless it was deleted before they did their magic.The same person wouldn't even be able to get their own name back.

They are NOT wiping so you can get your names. OMG. I can't imagine how some people live if this is how they truly think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.