Tamrel 2 Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bread, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Picard Journeyman

As much as I dislike hearing you are having trouble Orbital, I must say it at least helps me in the sense that I don't feel it's just me. I've been doing the task now for a month with several people who have completed it many times over for members in their own guild. None of them understand why it hasn't spawned for me either given all the things I've tried and done. Just as with your method, I have tried the same methods that worked for them over and over and have had no luck. They seem to be as baffled as I am.

I too have noticed the Things I Seen item dropping frequently whether someone has the task or not. I'm not sure if that means anything or not but it clearly still allows you to get the ignitor when handed in with the signet. So, as I stated previously, it seems highly unlikely that I have messed up anywhere in the task prior to the book burning stage or else I would not have been able to get the ignitor in the first place. It's the ignitor stage that seems to be the issue.

If it was just me I would cry, but at least not feel helpless, and hope that eventually somehow luck would come my way. One solution some have proposed is waiting for someone else to get to the same point and ask them to spawn it for me before turning their own in to finish the task. The problem with that is there aren't very many anywhere close to being at the same point on my server and everything suggests to me there is a bigger problem than it just being my bad luck. Your most recent post is further evidence Orbital. Again, I truly sympathize but part of me also feels like at least it shows I'm not going crazy (well I may be anyway but I digress).

The bigger question is where to go from here and what to try to do about it. If the many others I have grouped with that have done this successfully don't understand why it isn't working for me, and the method Orbital suggested doesn't seem to be working, then I am literally out of ideas and options. At some point it can't just be bad luck or a quest done incorrectly. There is too much evidence building that something is wrong with the ignitor portion of the task at this point.

In the event someone has success I'd be very grateful if the method was shared, because while not usually advocating for such a thing, in this case I'm so sick of it that I'd settle for anything to just find a way to get it done and over with. I've done every other task for Mercenary and Partisan -- have factions and Hunter done -- so it's not as though I have no clue how to work a task in War. I love the zone for its challenge and old school toughness. My love for it is vaporizing fast because I'm at what should be one of the easiest parts of one of the easiest tasks and it's practically pointless to even try anymore.
  2. Lyquid New Member

I have been having the same issue. The past month has been nothing but frustration and wasted time. I have cleared this room numerous times and even brought enough people to continually have every mob down. I have tried everyone's suggestions multiple times and for hours on end. The petition i sent in about the issue was returned with laughable responses as if I don't know where I am on a certain quest or the fact that these quest don't appear in the journal?

I don't see myself wasting anymore time on this. I never felt so helpless in this game and honestly and with responses from the GMs that it's working fine is pretty hilarious when others claim they got Araneae to spawn 3+ times in an hour and I'm well over 15 hours+.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

I got it to spawn a few weeks back ill dig the date and let you all know. Maybe the advl window or the pop fabled switch bugged something lol. ... Just not been able to see the particle only from that ignitor clicking it at douzens of spot ive seen it spawn is wrong. Something as changed and may not be doable until it get overlooked so my advice would be to report a bug, petition and PMs the right people to make things move faster. This part of the progression never took me very long to complete and I did it enough to say that luck had nothing to do with it. I will bug report now and send a PM or 2. I would suggest to do the same.

It took me about 2 hrs to farm 8 brokens weapons, plant 2x 6 ores that I ninjaed from the guild bank and I had stacks of 3 type of excellent weapons siting in bank. I only had to farm the 2 cestus.which droped in my third cycle. Things ive seen was not a problem... I had to create new toons to store them at one point. So if anyone feel crazy to farm those back and test it out go for it!
  4. Orbital101 Augur

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-137

Issue Voting and Issue Confirmation

You can vote on existing issues to improve their visibility. Please vote on existing issues, and refrain from making duplicate issues.

You may also comment on issues. Please use the comments section under each issue to help confirm the issue. Include additional reproduction steps, media, error messages, and workarounds in your responses.

Tell people concerned to vote.
  5. Brosa Augur

There is definitely something wrong with this book burning. I tried everything in this thread. Had someone come out who has done it before and they confirmed it is not working. It is bugged. I even turned everything on display wise. The fire is not lighting. Why have we not gotten a response from the Devs yet?

Just to be clear. I have tried everything in this thread. I have killed every mob, clicked every bookcase, book pile, book and desk
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This has been reported and set up as an issue in the issue tracker also, hoping it catches someone's eye, codingwise, for review and repair. I confirmed it as a bug. Note, there were actually 2 issues made for this so used the first one. If you're interested in seeing this fixed or seeing any related updates, you may wish to stop by and vote for the issue or leave any additional pertinent information.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-137

Remember the issue tracker is a 3rd party site so if you do choose to sign up/participate don't use your DGC login information! :)
    Lyquid likes this.
  7. Picard Journeyman

Any way to know if this is going to be fixed soon or at the latest in the June patch? I can't tell from the issue tracker whether or not it's set to be addressed yet but maybe others know how to monitor things better.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

A resolution has been taken, and it is awaiting verification by reporter. From here issues are either reopened, or are closed.

checking now
  9. Orbital101 Augur

unresolved on either version... pretty sure it will be in the next monthly patch or the one after lol
  10. Orbital101 Augur

This change _juuuuuust _missed the cutoff for the June '15 update. The fix will be in our next full update.

So most likely mid july
  11. Orbital101 Augur

- Aranaea the Cleaver - Fixed an issue with the use of the Arcanist's Ignitor in the Plane of War. Burn it all down!

The ignitor seem to be working again on test. Even so it seem to be not working as smoothly as it used to be. It was working once every 2 or 3 kills of a librarian, possibly never twice at the same spot back to back. After 18 kills Arachnae spawned and droped the quest piece. Its not time consuming and i'm OK with it that way.