Azure crystals

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regnad, May 19, 2015.

1. Regnad Journeyman

I don't get WHY the nerf. Other classes have ways to get mana, why can't enchanters esp when we are REQUIRED to win raid events. We can't mez, stun, ect without mana. We die, we lose the raid event because we can't help CC mobs.

Please explain why dev's did this?
  2. Silv Augur

Because the crystals previously cost 3k mana and gave back 6k so people would chain them to go 0 ->100% in under a minute. Despite this being reported in beta, it stayed on live until today (likely b/c someone finally publicly posted it and they couldn't ignore it anymore). Of course, in 'fixing' the exploit they went overboard by a mile as usual and you now have a pretty garbage version of a mod rod. I regret even asking for an upgrade now.
    moogs, Ferry-Tunare and Sancus like this.
  3. Regnad Journeyman

Enchanters useless on raids now. Once we die we have no way to help the raid and the raid fails. I can understand not going from 0 to 100 mana in a minute BUT, come on be reasonable. We need back up and into action to win events.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

hey, let's be reasonable. They could have made it take 2 min to go from 0 to 100
  5. Sancus Augur

This seems rather extreme... There are raids that essentially require Enchanters for CC, on top of their ADPS, personal DPS (though mana is a consideration now with spamming nukes), and debuffs n' stuff. You're not as useful as you were to some extent, but by no means are you useless. Now if you want to make the argument that having a ton of Enchanters creates huge redundancies, making the extra Enchanters relatively less useful, I'd agree, but that's a topic for another thread (and was true irrespective of this nerf).
    This is not true. I personally feel that, without this ability, Enchanters could use a new (faster reuse) mana recovery tool, but to say you don't have one is disingenuous. You have Mana Draw, which returns a significant amount of mana (with a rather lengthy reuse, so not too helpful if you die repeatedly). You have a number of mana regen abilities, including your robe click and 2nd spire (and that DoT, though you need some mana to use it and it takes a debuff slot). You have access to mod rods, focused paragon, and QMs in raids. Since you claim your not having mana would make the raid fail, I'd assume you're a prime candidate for the last two. And you also now have your crappy self mod rod crystal thingy :D. So no, considering how much Enchanters can die, your mana recovery isn't great now, but it's by no means as nonexistent as you claim.
    moogs and RPoo like this.
  6. Silv Augur

It could be worse. It could be Druid-level.
    Iila, moogs, Perplexed and 1 other person like this.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

While I'm sad in the pants about the Enchanter nerfs, I think this wasn't such a bad one. You could basically chain your mana crystals, never going out of mana.

More upset about the Chromatic Haze nerf :(.
  8. Zarakii Augur

just gonna throw this out before it gets locked down.... play a zerk for 6-7 years and still play one during the last couple expansions then ask me if i care /end rant
  9. Tour Augur

Die less.
    Have raid CC by other means.
    Ask your clerics for a QM.
    Clerics should already know to give you a divine res.
    Or call to corpse for at least some mana.
    Recruit more enchanters.
    Die less.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

Wut r runes?
    RPoo and Zarakii like this.
  11. RPoo Augur

Those things that get you hot agro.
    Phrovo1, Silv and Mintalie like this.
  12. porky Augur

Whoever posted this cannot possibly play a chanter. I didn't even notice the azure crystal being out of balance til last week when another chanter pointed it out to me. And I do not know one chanter who would argue against its change. I also do not know one chanter that doesn't know their options for mana after a rez. This guy might be a troll.

The nerf() of chromatic haze on the other hand... We all expected(most wanted) a fix. Read that as fix, not nerf. But to make it near useless ADPS is crushing. Every raiding caster in the game just took a major hit to their raid DPS. A proper fix would to have both made it untriggerable by zero mana cost/under 85 spells(in its nerfed state it will only proc off nukes over level 85) and to fix the proc rate(its still 5pct, not the proposed 8;) and to make sure that when it procs it has an actual effect(most the time it doesn't.) If the proper fix had been performed then chanter ADPS would of went from Great to decent. Now its next to nothing.
  13. guado Augur

Not for nothing, I'm not a chanter, but I play one on TV, but when you say "useless" after death, I assume you used Mana Draw, Mod Rods, and other mana return abilities. If you're dying that much ... maybe toss a few more runes on yourself? Just trying to help. But of all classes, chanters aren't useless after death.
    Marton and Iila like this.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

I think most would agree with this. The change from detrimental spells to DD was far overreaching. There are many raids where we don't always nuke, and in the group game, that haze proc from a unity stun going off as your runes fade could make all the difference.
    Sancus, Phrovo1 and Silv like this.
  15. Tyreel Augur

I am more upset that they nerfed Sanguine Mind Crystal.

Being able to sacrifice 1/4 or 1/3 of my mana bar to live through raid dots long enough for the druid to be rezed and back in action was really nice, now those druid deaths are gonna cause chanter deaths.

The real problem was Azure Mind Crystal. Maybe the cost needed to be increased on Sanguine, but the reuse timer addition to it after all these years of having that AA is ridiculous.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure why this did this.. Sorry for all the enchanters out there raiding.
  17. Silv Augur

The cost increases were completely justified for Azure crystal. Not so much for Sanguine. The cast time and recast were not needed whatsoever.

Right now, it costs me 16% of my mana to summon a Sanguine (healing) crystal. It heals 9k HP and Enchanters don't get any type of healing focus/crit so it will never be any better than that. And that's every 5 minutes. I will never use this ability again. I rallied to get the crystals upgraded in the last round of AA chats for TDS because they had stagnated and were of little to no value. This has essentially put them back in that realm of obscurity. You're better off using novelty healing clickies (which are better and on similar or shorter re-use) or player potions now.

The Azure Crystal isn't *quite* as useless but now you're only going to be summoning one when you're full mana and out of combat as a last ditch effort later when Mana Draw isn't up or something.

Azure Crystal had 'fix' written all over it. Again, I don't think anyone is upset that they fixed the sploitiness of it. However, obliterating their usefulness was not necessary.

ps. I think OP is a tad over the top with saying this makes us useless. We have always had multiple ways to recover mana after death legitimately and if you play smart it takes two or three deaths before you're sitting around twiddling and your only hope is a QM.
    RPoo likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Since you're specifically asking about the mana crystals...you really didn't see a problem with enchanters having the ability to spam click their mana bar to full in 60-90 seconds? *Really*?

(People will literally defend anything as long as it benefits them, apparently)
  19. Narye Augur

Exploits need to be fixed, sometimes they are "overfixed" I'm also not saying it was exploited, I honestly don't know.

Everyone claims that enchanters have lots of ways to get mana, but until you have played a raid enchanter, and died a LOT, you don't realize how pitiful all of our mana regen abilities are, and how it totally sux when youve used them all and you need to mez or stun.

I haven't used either crystal recently (I have awesome druids, clerics, and necros, who will give me enough mana to get started)

maybe this thread should take a derailment into ASSIST DAMMIT so I don't die? Or at least not as much.

Instead of bashing, think of all the ADPS we are losing :(
    Silv likes this.
  20. Silv Augur

Apparently, they failed to read the second post in this thread explaining exactly why this happened :rolleyes: I thought it was a pretty clear explanation. /shrug

ps. I've heard 30 seconds with a good hotkey.