Mage + ? + ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Frostlor, May 15, 2015.

1. Frostlor New Member

Hey guys,

I currently have a mage/bst/druid I'm running which is working pretty well. I'm wanting to dump the tank merc and just use the mage pet tank, in which case the bst wont be able to melee anymore. I feel like I'm kinda wasting the slot on the bst if he can't melee, so I'm rethinking the group.

After playing multiple combos, I've decided I really don't want to box if I don't have ports/evacs, so a druid or a wiz is a must. With all this in mind I'm thinking about doing something like mage/bard/wiz, or mage/necro/wiz.

Assuming I use a mage/porter, I'd love to here anyone's experiences or suggestions.

Thanks
  2. Brohg Augur

bst isn't a blank even with just pets engaging, since their own warder & werewolves still get in there, and the character gets to contribute snares, slows, and Paragon for infi mana on the mage. Not the highest octane box perhaps, but you don't have to dump all the progress you've made.
  3. Yvix New Member

Another mage is legit too. What's better than 1 character with the strongest pet and great fire power? 2 of those characters.
  4. strongbus Augur

Can stay with your group. What the bst becomes is a shaman with a better pet. This is how my wife plays though she has a necro instead of the druid. She use the bst as a weak shammy. slows/heals/buffs/dps plus the extra mana stuff bst have. Just you get a stronger pet.
  5. Tintaglia Elder

Mage + druid gets heals, more DPS, ports, and very important if you are dungeon crawling - snare.

Mage + necro gets a solid puller, minor heals, another strong pet, sustained DPS, and again, snare.
  6. Sancus Augur

I'd probably suggest Mage+Druid+Enchanter. IMO it's one of the best 3-boxes in game. You have heals, tons of ADPS, awesome CC, buffs, debuffs, lots of utility stuff, and very good DPS. Other combos include Mage/Bard/Druid and Mage/(Enchanter, Bard, or Druid)/(Wizard/Mage/Necro). Basically, any caster DPS will have excellent synergy, though I'd personally go Wizzie or Mage over Necro. For a healer I'd go with a Druid, and Enchanters and Bards can add a lot of utility/CC/ADPS (I personally prefer Enchanters over Bards, but Bards are easier to box).
  7. Rykard Augur

Frostlor

I would choose the mage/enchanter/druid. You want a tank class which is your Mage pet. You pick the enchanter who can pull and pull well above level 80, provides great caster adps, and slows. Finally, druid gives you track, ports, and player controlled healing. Group is pretty complete.

Rykard
  8. Kekenewah Journeyman

I run level 105 Wiz/Mage/Mage and it works very well. I am leveling up a beastlord who is 100 now and he adds some nice buffs and stuff instead of the 2nd mage. So Wiz/mage/beastlord would work.
  9. Frostlor New Member

Thanks for the all the great info guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with mage and level the enchanter-I've already got one in the 60's. The only thing I'm still debating is the wizard vs druid. I have one of each that are about the same level. The tracking/healing would be really nice, but then so would the amazing dps a wizard can bring.
  10. Khauruk Augur

Replace the bst with either chanter or bard. Either would be be great for you.

Chanter - most likely more adps at the top end of levels via helping your nukes, best CC, good personal dps, good pulling, awesome debuffs.

Bard - very good adps that requires no work...they just hit songs and an occasional AA disc. Sufficient CC, amazing pulling. Some debuffage, and can boost AC/healing power on pets to nicely help compensate for the lesser debuffs.

I'd go w/ bard myself since I'm a lazy boxer, but if you're not the chanter is the better option overall.
  11. Leex Pewpewer

I would go with an Enchanter, I see more overall power with the enchanter. The bard has pulls and the afk /melody feature sure, but I think Enchanters perks out weight that of the bards, at least in a druid/mage group.

With the Ench+ Druid you'll basically be able to have a mod on you at all times, including chrome haze( huge crit mod that stacks with like everything )
    Barton likes this.
  12. Ultrazen Augur

mage/druid/chanter, one of the best 3 boxes in the game. Pretty much trivializes the content. Between the hard CC of the chanter, slow, and debuffs from the druid, you can turn any mob into something your grandma could tank. The synergy in terms of damage is fairly insane as well. When you stack up all the things the chanter and druid can do as far as buffs and debuffs, you can have some incredible burns if needed.

I ran Mage/Bard/Druid for a very long time, and it's an awesome group, but when the stuff hits the fan, the hard and long lasting CC of the chanter is much easier to deal with as a boxer. If it wasn't a box group, it becomes a very tough choice, as a boxer, no contest, chanter is just easier to deal with.

M/D/C is just about the perfect group, you have every single base covered.