Cannot Hire Merc?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sawfish, May 10, 2015.

1. Sawfish New Member

Ok, have a lv 87 Necro. Just finished the J5 quest in Ferrot. I currently do not own a merc, I have plat on the toon, and when I try to hire a merc it does not open the hire window, it just cons the liaison. It worked fine before I did the J5 quest. I tried it on all the liaisons, tried zoning, relogging. all it lets me do is Con the Liaisons. Any help please.
  2. Rykard Augur

Sawfish,

I have not seen this myself. One thing I have seen is that the J line mercs are not available to me. But I am FTP/silver. Are you FTP or all access? If FTP, it could be the issue.

Rykard
  3. Sawfish New Member

All Access account, forgot to mention that.
  4. Sawfish New Member

And I also forgot to mention, the mercs work on all the other toons on that account.
  5. Rykard Augur

Dang Sawfish. It sounds like a bug. Would petition/bug it.

Sorry not really have anything to help.

Rykard
  6. beryon Augur

If you had a merc previously, are you sure you clicked dismiss and not suspend? That's the only thing that would do it, really. If it's not that, you'll probably have to petition.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Are you sure your PP amount is larger then the cost to buy the Merc?
    Check the info tab about the Buy cost of each merc.
  8. easyJet Apprentice

Not really wanting to state the obvious, but don't you right click on the Liaison as you would a merchant? Is that what you are doing?
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

And was it for sure a Mercenary Liaison and not something else?
    -R (covering all the bases here)
  10. Aghinem Augur

Is this with just the mercenary liasons or all merchants? Are you sure you don't have a mercenary slot already occupied? You may also want to check your 'right click' speed / sensitivity options.
  11. Numiko Augur

could it be a merc vendor for "special" mercs?
    they will not respond unless you have the correct "contract" on you.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. beryon Augur

All mercs are "special".
    Iila likes this.