Legends of Norrath Final Sprint Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kinadorm, May 7, 2015.

1. Kinadorm Augur

Did anyone ever receive the reward for the final sprint tournament in LoN? It looks like it was supposed to be 15P8 Beurlak but with the forums gone I can't be sure. I submitted a petition about it and was told that records show the rewards had been given out so I'm just looking to see if anyone received the cards. I know on the LoN forums there was a thread about it not being awarded before they were removed.
  2. Calamity Lorekeeper

If LoN can be seen as an investment opportunity again, maybe there will be some renewed development. As it is, the daybreak games website doesn't even list it when you click on the drop down menu. I guess they could say it's an inclusive part of everquest or everquest 2, but it's more like it's being kept out of sight on purpose. I doubt anything needing attention to be fixed will ever make it's way up the priority list for LoN.
  3. Tyche Elder

Personally, I don't have any clue how to play these card games but LoN always looked well done and on par with others. Was it a bad or unbalanced game or just got lost in the ether?
  4. Knight-errant Journeyman

I used to do the scenarios on it, until they added crazy rules, like no cards from the earlier sets in your deck. (Insuring that you bought the newest sets, I suppose.) That turned me off from it, and from then on I just opened the free cards for loot.

The whole thing struck me as a money grab first, and game second.
  5. Ragbert Elder

They should have not killed the old card sets for tournaments. People immediately stopped playing when they figured they're spending money on rare cards that would become worthless.
    Kaenneth, Nniki and Yinla like this.
  6. Nniki Augur

It looks like the old forum returned, and the newer forum disappeared.

I enjoyed playing through the scenarios and reading the story. It's actually a pretty fun game (ignoring some of the bugs). I know many people who tried it and found it too difficult to understand, but honestly, it's rather simple. The card set restrictions they added were annoying. I feel they were trying to take after other TCG models like MTG, but I don't think LoN had nearly enough popularity to even consider that sort of model.
  7. Kellaer Augur

Having someone moonlight their time for this game just to keep some basic functionality like new tournaments would be great. I'm not asking for a complete revival here, with new sets coming out every six months or anything. Although that would be nice.
  8. Calamity Lorekeeper

Thank you Daybreak Games for getting the Legends of Norrath forums back online. I spent a few hours tonight reading through the old forum archive.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Blocking of old cards is EXACTLY why I stopped buying cards and playing.

Stupid move that killed the game.
  10. Calamity Lorekeeper

A divided tournament structure could of worked for LoN if both standard and open tournaments were hosted regularly. It worked for Magic the Gathering; however, Magic had a much larger player base to justify the divided stucturing. Stuff from early Magic sets is extremely rare and expensive if you want to be competitive in an open tournament type. With LoN, it was perceived by the players as a way of forcing us to spend more money to remain competitive rather than leveling the playing field to make it more fair for new players.
  11. beryon Augur

It didn't help that they had a "buy now before they're gone forever" sale on Oathbound packs because the packs were being retired from the store, people bought tons of packs thinking the cards would go up in value, and almost immediately after the sale was over they announced that the cards would now be worthless in tournaments & scenarios. I wasn't one of the big spenders, but I can fully understand why people ragequit at that point. It's a shame because I had a lot of fun playing LoN before it became a ghost town.
  12. Makavien Augur

I played lon everyday till the standard rule set came out there were all kinds of people playing before that rule set once it came out there were hardly any games available so it was def the standard ruleset that killed the game. There would be maybe 1-2 raids going on and that was about it just after 1-4 weeks of the standard ruleset being out. Before the standard ruleset I would see 10 + open games every single time I logged in.

Oh I also had 10 + decks created that were completely destroyed after that ruleset came out and I have never created another because most of the cards that were playable were weak and you could only win by questing from that point on as a strong deck.

Before that you could do multiple different decks that all focused on one thing like Avatar vs avatar combat , avatar defense , unit vs avatar , unit vs unit , stalling decks . The combinations were almost endless but they never introduced cards for each type of deck build after standard was out which made it useless to build anything other then questing /balanced decks. I used to log in and check whenever a new expansion came out one of my strongest a shadow avatar attack deck could never be rebuilt in the standard ruleset. It had absolutely 0 advantages for putting out tons of items and keeping up quest cards.