Ceaseless - Progression 3.0

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Barlow, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Barlow Elder

Ceaseless
    Before we get into the meat of the post, I would just like to start things with an excerpt from our guild charter:

"Ceaseless was formed upon the ideal of death before dishonor. We adhere to the concept of fair play and honor among players. We admire those who are able to use strategy and cooperation to achieve what others can't and strive to meet those ends through strength of mind, not strength of numbers. It was formed for those who enjoy a challenge and can work to succeed even in the face of adversity. If you believe that you have these goals, these ideals, and the will to achieve, you might be what Ceaseless is looking for."

For those of you who may remember us from the previous two progression servers, our plan going into round three won't deviate far from what we have all enjoyed in the past. We are, and plan to be, the guild that is geared more toward the medium core player. This is not to say that there isn't room for those of us who want to push things to the limit but we fully realize that, as those of us who hold Everquest with full nostalgic memory, many of us have grown into lives that no longer allow for much of what is needed to dedicate wholly our time fully to Everquest. Many of us now have families, careers, and obligations that would keep us from spending the grueling hours of grinding and camping that I'm sure we have all enjoyed.

With all of this being said, we still wish to compete on this server and make the best experience possible for those who wish to walk the road with us.

Our core has been together for nearly a decade and a half and has excelled through more games than any of us wish to count. Whether it was four members of our guild doing everything we could to edge our way into a Guk camp or 50 members giving the top guilds on the server very healthy competition for end game Gods, we have always stood as a meaningful presence in the world of Norrath.

We have also always been who isn't afraid to be offensive in the name of humor. We are STRICTLY 18+ and fully embrace an adult sense of humor. If you plan to have your vent turned up on your speakers with your 8 year old daughter watching you… then this is probably not the best guild for you.

If you feel that we might be the guild for you then please contact myself (Barlow) or Scipio. We will be sure to open up the lines of communication. Please feel free to visit www.ceaselessguild.com for more information about us and our past.

Forever in the bond,

Barlow
    PS - Who is ready to have a few cocktails while grinding some XP & loot with us?

Dandy and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Tachyon Augur

Great to see you onboard!
    Barlow likes this.
  3. Masoric Journeyman

Sounds like my type of group
    Barlow likes this.
  4. Barlow Elder

Nice announcement in TLP section by Scipio about us making the decision - It got Roshen involved!

Tach, we're looking forward to it -- And Masonric, I've been in constant communication with you about us making the decision in the last week... well, here it is.

Looking forward to this!
  5. Jinedor New Member

I cant wait, I have been with Ceaseless for just under a year but have enjoyed it so much. Great group of people that are pleasure to play games with. Anyone looking for a good home with people to grind exp and slaughter this game from the beginning, Contact Barlow, It will be a fun and adventures time.
    Barlow likes this.
  6. Skorok New Member

I was a member back on the first progression server. Had great fun and I'm looking forward to doing it all again. Come join the fun!

Formerly,

Pontius
    Barlow likes this.
  7. Maereax Augur

I was the leader of a small guild made up of close friends near the beginning of Fippy that was lucky enough to partner up with and then eventually merge with Ceaseless early on in the server. We're a fiercely loyal, very fair group of people that is dedicated to helping others, enjoying the game and treating both guild members and non-members with fairness and respect. If you're looking for a place to enjoy the game and a great group of people to enjoy it with, Ceaseless Is the place for you.
    Barlow likes this.
  8. nargrok New Member

You guys sound like a good fit for me and a small group of friends coming back to the game for the progression server. I'll visit the website and look forward to talking to you soon!
    Barlow likes this.
  9. Twoshade Lorekeeper

Hey Barlow! Nice to see you again dude. I'll be coming back to play 3.0 as well and hoping to get back into the guild. Was a lot of fun last time and hoping to do it again. Will be with family this time as my brother and his gf will be playing. I assume the more the merrier? lol.
    Barlow likes this.
  10. Barlow Elder

Good to see you TwoShade! Swing on over to ceaselessguild.com and re-register. We redid our website a few years ago and you will have to register. As for your friends, have them register and shoot me an email - Barlow@ceaselessguild.com saying that they are with you.

Keeping the recruitment organized is quite important and this will help tremendously.

See you soon on vent!
  11. Twoshade Lorekeeper

Hey, I registered and waiting approval :)
  12. Dandy Augur

I'm gonna go as hardcore as I can this time around or else I would rejoin you guys in an instant. Keep an eye out for Dandy or Pwndandy in-game. I'd love to group up and have some fun.

I always viewed Ceaseless as being one of those very respectable guilds. The perfect group for Ferocity to merge into. Same level of honor, but I think we kicked more butt raiding with you guys!

Wish you all the best!

P.S. Do any of you remember when we did that Ring War and "Here They Come" from Star Wars was playing? For some reason this memory is burned into my brain when I think of Ceaseless. :p

13. Barlow Elder

Oh man.. I don't think we could ever forget about the Ring War! Was an amazing success for us... and was sooooo amazing to see that all the preparation paid off! I did in fact forget that we played that music in the background, lol.

I am looking forward to many more amazing endeavors on this new server. We have definitely attracted a great amount of tradeskillers as well, so we will be spending some decent time farming materials in areas that we haven't really messed around with in the past!
  14. Zuluhed New Member

Hail Friends, My name is Zuluhed, i am looking to get back into everquest, i heard about this progression server, just thinking about the memories of old, i would love to revisit them. I started on EQ when Kunark was just released, played up until OOW/ EQ2 launch.. haven't been back since then. I have yet to find a game that gave me that EQ1 Feeling. This seems like a great opportunity to do so, i will make an official post on your forums, and app if necessary. looking forward to hear and experience this great game together

Zuluhed
  15. Zargo Journeyman

I just filled out the registration to join you guys. I'm so excited to get back into the world of EQ on the new progression server and I didn't want to go at it alone. You guys sound like you are just the group of people I am looking for. I will be playing human monk until Kunark is released then I will switch to Iksar. I have played EQ from Classic up until PoP raids and still remember most of that content. I've also played on P99. I will spend every waking second of my free time playing this. Looking forward to your reply.
  16. Barlow Elder

I have reached out to both you Z's!

Ragefire will definitely eat up our free time.

Keep the applications comin'
    Zargo likes this.
  17. Cyrix New Member

Question is: How long untill Barlow manages to piss of 90% of his guild and be forced to quit the game when everyone defects from the sinking ship? But hey, maybe he turned into a nice, non-racist and abusive guy this time around. Time will tell
  18. Barlow Elder

Well hello there Cyrix! I remember you did take offense to our humor and stance on US discussions indeed...we enjoyed them! But I am not sure where the racism and abusive comments are coming from. I believe you are adding a few other traits of the guild leaders before you joined Ceaseless.

I recall you claiming that you were "playing the field" due to odd play times but since you didn't live in the United States, your prime time did not work with most in the early stages of Fippy. I remember you playing with two small EU style guilds while you were tagged with us, but you simply left to join Rosengard.

Anyway, I hope you the best in your natural EU home. Hopefully we get to have more debates on "world" issues. (It's quite obvious that you didn't like those debates in the past..but maybe you have turned into a civil debating fella.. who doesn't take others views personal?... I never noticed this side of you)

PS - You were one of the best 3+ boxers that we knew!
    Borneheld1 likes this.
  19. Cyrix New Member

Actually, i left with the majority of Ceaseless for another US guild, because people had enough of your personality. Im not here to say that you are a bad guy, you are actually terrible and im not here to tell people to not join your guild, but that they should consider what actually went on back then. And im in contact with most of the people who left Ceaseless back then and we are pretty much all in agreement as to what the reason for leaving was: You.

Good luck however and next time, remember the exact facts to why i left and to where before you spin lies about me and my whereabouts. (To clarify, i left RG for Ceaseless and then we defected from the sinking ship)
  20. Dalzim New Member

Myself and a few buddies were looking around the forums for a guild to join and came across Ceaseless. After reading the description, we felt that this is exactly what we were looking for. My crew likes to he challenge to come from the content and not from the poop-socking. Ceaseless' philosophy of being "medium core" is right up our alley, and I think a lot of other players will find a good home here as well.

The day that we filled out applications we received replies and invites to chat. Hopped in vent and got to know one another a little bit and have since been in steady communication as a guild through emails and active forums. I can definitely say that Barlow and the Ceaseless leadership team are doing a great job of keeping the folks engaged and communicating with one another and the server has not even launched yet.

There are a lot of guilds that you will be able to choose from, of those very few will be at the top and those will have strict raid requirements (That's not a knock on them, but in order to be the fastest progressing guilds in any game it's a lot of playtime required at required times because that is what it takes to get stuff done)

Then there are going to be a handful of guilds that are capable of completing content when they are able to actually get the engage. Ceaseless is going to be one of those guilds, and the mindset of every player in this guild is that we want to be in that position. Will Ceaseless members be the first to get the shiny new items that come out? No probably not, will Ceaseless get shiny new items? Definitely

If you have a full time job and other obligations but gaming is your #1 hobby, I recommend giving Ceaseless a look and embrace being "medium core"