Melee DPS (Rogue) Mercs Not Using Their Abilities

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've been noticing that rogue mercs no longer seem to be casting Thief's Eyes for the group in the song window (short duration buff window).

Also, I've don't recall ever seeing a merc use Thief's Vision, which is the level 96 upgrade for Thief's Eyes. I'm not sure if Journeyman mercs use rank 2, as they should, either. But this might be my faulty memory, while I can see with no doubt now that they aren't using anything at all in the song window currently. (Just today used a rogue merc and nothing was in the song window from the merc).

In addition, it was pointed out to me that they no longer use Shroud of Stealth (SoS) when not in combat. While mercs do not need invisibility or SoS to avoid aggro (they only aggro when already in combat), I was told that the first strike by a rogue while SoS does extra damage (sneak attack).

This may be only level 101+ mercs, since we have had other issues with mercs above level 100. However, I have not tested it on lower level mercs.

Can I get some comments from people about these issues? Anyone else noticed that rogue mercs are not using their abilities that they used to?
  2. Thazager Journeyman

I was in a few groups where the melee merc would not attack. It just stood there throughout the fight with mobs in camp and players killing them. It was set on aggressive.
  3. Forcallen Augur

4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is not the stance issue.

The merc is attacking. They are just not using their abilities. I also believe this began way before the latest patch with the stance issue.

This is totally separate from the issue with the stances.
  5. Conjurous_AB Elder

For sure its a L101+ issue cus when i use some L100 toons there mercs do thief eyes and SoS but any toon with a L101 rogue merc doesn't cast them at all.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Rogue mercs only ever cast Thief's Eyes when entering combat anyway, much like their ambush ability. If you pulled such that you were in continuous combat, they never cast it again.
  7. Aghinem Augur

Additionally, the PASSIVE option for healer mercs doesn't work. My healer has been set on passive for an hour and I got charged every plat piece for his time.
  8. Iila Augur

Try using balanced, or whatever is on the top of the stance list, lol.
  9. Thazager Journeyman

I saw the melee dps mercs are working. I was using one for a few days now.