CS Tickets and Account Security

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Donutsz12, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donutsz12 Elder

I want to say that I am disgusted with the security with our new CS.

Recently an email came into my mailbox and said someone tried to do a forget you password. I was shocked by this and thought ohh no my account is going to get hacked. With all the transfer to FV and account stealing going on, I did not want to be part of it. I went straight to the account changed the password and sent in a ticket to change secret question just incase....

As before in the past you had to call SOE number to verify and provide that information it has since been changed to tickets only and no phone support at all. I worked with the CS and provided all my information. name, station name, billing address, current secret question, and last 4 of cc used on the account. after replies back and forth I got it changed.

I went to look at the ticket again and I noticed with all that information in plain view I was uneasy as now it looks like it is even worse than what it was before. All the info I provided them is still in there so if ANYONE got my password all they would need to do is look at past tickets and they can proceed with stealing the account,.moving toons off etc. I replied back asking if they would comment it out or just put ****** for personal information and they said No. I was just blown away with that answer as this just makes it worse as the old sc and new one , and all my information is in the support ticket. Security 101 never keep information like that in plain view which I saw the point of phone call verification.

I sent Roshen a PM on the boards for him to check and he got the same response from the management for CS team regarding my ticket.

If this is the stance that Daybreak has for security of Accounts... WOW!! Makes me think NEVER provide them any information cause it will just make it worse.

Discuss
    Kellaer and Iila like this.
  2. moogs Augur

It's nice to know that they learned nothing since the last time a bunch of accounts were hacked.
  3. Leeanni Elder

The new CS wasn't here then and they really don't care. Just keep paying them every month and they are happy and think you are too. I'm quite disappointed that even Roshen couldn't get anything done about the lack of security.
  4. Donutsz12 Elder

He gave me a reply of this which came from the managers of CS.

I don't find it useful at all and makes me even more uncomfortable leaving that information there. That's like providing your SSN or full credit card info in the tickets.
  5. moogs Augur

This policy needs to be re-evaluated. This should never be left in plain text and available many years later.
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.