Test Update 04/15/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

April 15, 2015

*** Highlights ***
    -

*** Items ***
    -

*** Quests & Events ***
    - Cleansing the Grounds - Heavily modified this Heroic Adventure to make it a bit easier and more rewarding.
    - Principal Quastori Numicia - Fixed an error that prevented players from obtaining the Balance of Power achievement in this raid.
    - In Kedge Keep, a harbinger of the seas can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Phinigel Autropos.
    - In Dreadlands, a harbinger of frost can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Gorenaire.
    - In Skyfire Mountains, a harbinger of flame can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Talendor.
    - These drops must be converted via a right-click before they can be handed to the quest NPC.

*** Spells ***
    - Spells that are triggered by doom effects will now check for stacking conflicts before they are applied.

*** NPC ***
    - Warrior guards in Neriak Commons and Third Gate are no longer flagged as Noble exchange merchants. Guard W`Selo by the bank will still be happy to take your business.

*** Mercenaries ***
    - Fixed a problem that caused the game to repeatedly send messages in load balanced zones about suspending mercenaries even when there were no mercenaries to suspend.

*** Collections ***
    -

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Advanced Loot System: Improved the performance of the Adding, Deleting and changing loot filter settings. (AN/AG/Never)
    - Fixed a bug on the client that wasn't allowing for /autobank to put empty containers in containers.
    - Fixed a misleading message given to players when they attempt to create fellowship camp when three players aren't in close proximity
    - When you invite a non-grouped character to the raid it should now put them in "not in a group" and not as a group leader.
    - Fixed a text message when you enter an expedition (not an adventure) that launches with an LDON switch.
    - Created new option for players to switch instances in load-balanced zones with the new /pickzone command. Once a flagged zone reaches a threshold of players, it will start another instance of of the zone which you will be able to go to. The goal of this functionality is to help reduce congestion in starting areas.

*** UI ***
    - If load balancing has created a new instance of a zone, you will see the ID of the instance you zone in to. It will also now appear at the top of the /pickzone window.
    - Convertible items now have an item link in the description window to show you what the item will be transformed into.
    - Fixed some confirmation popup anomalies with text not updating on all of the buttons between popups.
    - Made the Audio Triggers list window resizable.

- Changed -
    EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
    EQUI_MIZoneSelectWnd.xml

*** Previously Updated ***
    - The triggered version of the Iksar broodling in the Plane of Fear that's spawned via the harbinger of Fear will now properly drop the Child's Tear instead of a citizenship token.
    - Several epic 1.0 quest turn-ins which were multi-questable until the most recent update are now multi-questable again.

- The EverQuest Team
    Ferry-Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  2. Lisandra Augur

Awaiting details and hoping for a good update. I assume it's the full monthly patch? :D
    Silv likes this.
  3. Vurahn New Member

So whats this patch for? Guess I'll ask while I'm here.
  4. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I so look forward to these. It's like looking forward in time!
  5. Lisandra Augur

Patch notes?
  6. Silv Augur

Major +++ for more Epic 1.0 'fixes'. :D
    PrathunEQ and Lisandra like this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Major kudos for finally, finally, finally addressing the raid invite issue.
    Axxius, Sheex, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  8. Iila Augur

From the last patch:
    Druids - All spells in the Winter's Flame line have been changed to work like Winter's Wildflame. The component spells will now receive the full benefit of damage foci but will not use twincast counters on their own. The base spells can still be twincast as before.
    - Rangers - All spells in the Summer's Dew line have been changed to work like Summer's Cyclone. The component spells will now receive the full benefit of damage foci but will not use twincast counters on their own. The base spells can still be twincast as before.

THESE SPELLS HAVE STILL NOT BEEN CHANGED.

I already reported this in the test and live threads for that patch.

The spells are still exactly the same.
    They do not get modded by things that work on the highest version of the spell.
    The splits did not gain a mana cost.
    The splits did not gain the can't twincast flag.
    There have been zero changes to those spells in the last year of test spell files.

I do not know how to make it more clear that the intended changes to those spells was not pushed to test or live, and needs to be done again.
    Barton and Silv like this.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

The change to the raid tool has been asked for, literally, for years. Thank you!

Not hitting the "you have too many group leaders" limit will save a lot of time when shuffling for raids.
    PrathunEQ and Iila like this.
  10. Iila Augur

While I'm on the subject of spell file changes, I saw this new spell.

[46278] Retribution
    Classes: CLR/44
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 144
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Push: 1'
    1: Decrease Current HP by 75280
    Text: You have been struck by the wrath of the gods.

It's a new spell ID from the old Retribution, so clerics didn't actually gain a 75k nuke at 44. But are clr NPCs going to start casting that? Is it going to be scribed for heroic characters? Will it show up on betabuff or spellcribed characters? Or the most hilarious option, are cleric mercs going to get it?
    Dzarn likes this.
  11. Ferry-Tunare Augur

That's for the progression server, Illa.
    guado and Iila like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

So, like everything in Test marketplace is 1 or 10 sc atm and it is all buyable... even stuff that is account wide gains
  13. Jenteel New Member

Yes as Riou says.. SC is borked
  14. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

Landmark Founder Packs are also .01 Cents ( 1 penny) presently - When I noticed I tested to see if I could buy a sky strider for the 1 SC - not only did I get it but I got all of them for 1 SC - I then bugged the incident and deleted them. But you guys might want to get on top of this ASAP because Heroic Toons are awfully cheep atm.
  15. Jenteel New Member

oh man the roll backs are going to **** peeps. Unwithing or withing
  16. Jenteel New Member

Oh man please fix asap...this is going to hurt..... (I am not doing crap)
  17. Iila Augur

[Wed Apr 15 20:37:51 2015] You begin casting Retribution.
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] a thorn drakeling screeches shrilly as it swoops in to attack.
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] Ceeddoe hit a thorn drakeling for 214419 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] a thorn drakeling's corpse falls to the ground with a pathetic screech
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] A thorn drakeling has been struck by the wrath of the gods.
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] You have slain a thorn drakeling!
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] Ceeddoe delivers a critical blast! (214419)
    [Wed Apr 15 20:37:55 2015] You deliver a critical blast! (214419)

Thanks for the free heroic character to test that out with.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Iila Augur

Monthly subs are also listed at one cent.

Hopefully test comes down soon.
  19. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

well, here is to praying someone from the DBG/EQ Team finds these posts quick like; if not its gonna be a roll back like we haven't seen in a while lol.
  20. Iila Augur

I told a non-eq DBG dev, so someone in the company knows and is doing something. Or at least trying to notify someone who can do something.