FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Pointing out that people are in serious denial when they claim obvious advantages from special rules are not advantageous is not being "overly hostile". Have absolutely nothing against FV, but their ruleset is the way it is and where it is for a reason - the majority of us don't want it, so please don't claim otherwise (again). Not even going into the server merger random tangent you and BB are going after, either, has nothing to do with what the OP asked and was answered.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Lisandra Augur

It's called compromising and finding alternatives.
  3. Laronk Augur

Eh I'd say that the exp bonus is actually not a big deal, being able to buy a suit of suppressed for 10 million plat is a much bigger deal. Even if you don't get to keep the gear moving off the gear can help you get all kinds of achievements that are much harder to get in group gear cotf and TDS achievements give you stats.

I can understand why some players wouldn't want us to be able to migrate off Firiona Vie
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, moogs and Sheex like this.
  4. Viscosity New Member

I think the original posters question has been answered and that no transfers are allowed. As for the rest of the thread I'm happy where I am on FV and personally don't see myself going anywhere. I agree that buying gear can give one an advantage. I have enjoyed giving no drop gear away for free in the past that I couldn't have done on regular servers. I do think in the end whatever happens long term will not be up to us and will be what makes the most financial sense for DBG.
    moogs and Lisandra like this.
  5. Laronk Augur

As far as "other servers should be like fv" While I choose to play on FV I disagree with this. Many players work on their characters so their character can be better than other peoples characters so they work hard through raids and such to maximize their character to be the best it can be, if you're this type of player you want loot to not be tradeable then when you compare to another player you're directly comparing your achievements to theirs. Other players being able to just buy the gear in the bazaar with plat.
  6. Goranothos Augur

@ Battleaxe

I started playing EQ in 2001 and, although I haven't played in a year or more, and I did transfer to FV about three years ago, I can assure you that I can buy anything I want in EQ, on any server, including fully raid geared 105 toons.

Don't delude yourself that the regular EQ servers are somehow "pure".
    Kolani, Lisandra and Aghinem like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think he considers the regular severs pure. But they have far less raid gear spread around then FV does. And raid gear is far easier to get on FV then on the other servers. Pure sort of indicates better.. regular servers aren't better just different. But I know Battleaxe can sometimes come on sorta heavy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  8. Goranothos Augur

@ Corwyhn

Well, like I said, I haven't played in a year, so am not current on what is available in the FV Bazaar, but I can tell you that, the last time I checked, there really wasn't very much current expansion raid gear in the Baz (as in, almost none). Even raid gear that was an expansion or two old cost millions of plat, so don't think that FV is some sort of place that you transfer your casual toon to with a couple million plat and buy your way to being fully raid geared. It ain't happening. Once raid gear gets about two expansions old, current group gear is usually better, so why bother?

I would have to check, but I'm pretty sure my 99 mage on FV is all group geared, and some of his stuff is even HoT gear from SS, lol.

Nuff said about that. All I hope is that if they ever decide to "sunset" or merge FV, they give us a chance to transfer off instead of screwing us like what happened to the guys on Al'Kabor.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

I would hope if they ever allow transfers off of FV it is only without plat. It would utterly destroy the other economies.
  10. Necromonious Augur

Plat from looting corpses isnt going to even get you old raid gear in FV's economy. Maybe like a piece of 2, but even old RoF raid gear is still going to be a couple hundred-thousand pp (100k-600k) per item, a set will take millions of pp. A set of Cotf T2 raid will take tens of millions and a full set of TDS raid is almost inconceivable unless the price of raid currency has dropped. Taking 100 million+ pp

Good look getting that from mobs ;)
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

They'd just move tradable LoN cards and Kronos.

Some, not all by any means, of the players there have moved retired toons and stripped them, geared up alts at normal server guild expense and then transferred there, etc. Keep in mind that their culture isn't RvR it's R or money in some form or another vR. When that's your focus you know how to move it. FV's economy didn't get unusual by some freakish accident. It took a lot of transfering of wealth from the outside to their banking and trading system. It's all there along with revived zombie toons eagerly eyeing our shores.

If special rules merges take place best to make FV a destination for those who like that rules set along with normal servers for those (excluding FV and Test) who do not. If that influx isn't enough to keep FV alive then and only then does stripping them of gains made outside of normal server rules and allowing transfers start to be reasonable. However I'd argue that they should be merged with Test at that point since neither server advanced under normal server rules.
  12. Goranothos Augur

@Battleaxe

I believe that I (or anyone, with funds) could buy your toon, or an equivalent, on any normal server.
  13. Laronk Augur

I think if anyone wants to move off FV they can go buy a heroic character on another server and start over at level 85.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sheex like this.
  14. Battleaxe Augur

Be sure to post the name of the toon that was bought and the name of the buyer if that happens.
    If that's not breaking any rules they'd have nothing to fear. If that is breaking rules they won't get a lot of sympathy if they are banned.
  15. Goranothos Augur

@Battleaxe

No.

What possible motivation would a buyer have for doing that?
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Why to provide incontrovertible proof of something alleged.
  17. Goranothos Augur

Don't strain your vocabulary on big words, silly dorf.

Well, I've been away a year...might as well make it two. Cya.
  18. Kolani Augur

Dude, Lisandra's right, every post you've made has been hostile, plus your name is reaaaally similar.
    Lisandra and Leex like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not sure what you want me to say to this, other that I can assure you I'm not posting with any other account than this one. I'm Sheex of the Drinal server, feel free to send me a tell any evening to verify who I am. My magelo is way not up to date but the server/toon/guild are accurate, and I've nothing to hide. I only play on Drinal.

Regarding hostility, you specifically started any annoyance I had with this thread with the following, sarcastic and pretty much randomly hostile response to a very valid point, after you made a ridiculous claim about no drop gear being sold on live servers:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/fv-server-transfers.219195/page-3#post-3198910

From there on out you went into hypothetical tangents about what would happen if this or if that, all the while ignoring the simple, undeniable fact that no drop gear on live is "sold" very very very infrequently compared to FV, to such a different degree in frequency that comparing the two is like comparing apples with dogfood. If saying bs is bs is being "hostile", then sure call me whatever you like.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

It's pretty obvious me and Sheex are different people, I've got my server and name listed. This forums account was named ever before I started posting on here, just a comical coincidence.

I have to agree with Sheex though, Lisandra you were the one who got hostile, probably offended even.You shouldn't look at what we said about FV as an attack on FV, we were just allowing you to understand from our perspective, from a normal rules perspective how we felt about FV rules, and FV rules being applied to one of our servers.