FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Leex Pewpewer

I've never been ripped off from FV, nor has any of my counter argument included anything regarding people going to FV to steal toons, etc. That was your assumption, you know what they say about people who assume right?!

:D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So the OP's question was answered by the very first poster, then the thread devolved into debating the pros and cons of a special ruleset server where everything is tradeable, along with various chop shop bashing, people defending the FV players who aren't thieves and plat farmers (hi: vast, *vast* majority aren't), mixed with FV players claiming their rules are wanted by all (lul) and/or downplaying the significant advantages available on their server. Super.

/popcorn
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Silv like this.
  3. Silv Augur

Could someone create a new botting thread, but specifically pertaining to FV, and the resale of Kronos online? I think the entertainment value would greatly surpass the separate threads! Make sure PlayerXYZ with their honorary doctorate in economics from EQU knows about it as well.

FV has always had a special ruleset and always had server xfer limitations. The only thing -if anything- DBG should do is offer a way to block your characters from a transfer to FV without some type of security check. Don't go to FV if you one day may want to leave... it's that simple.

ps. For every chop shop jerk on FV there are probably five on live servers of equivalent demeanor. If you're gonna hate, hate equally. :p
    Lisandra, Iila and Leex like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Next time you're in Neriak, go hail Verina Tomb by the cleric guild masters for an important life lesson.
  5. Silv Augur

I did my epic. You're not fooling me!
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

No fooling. Her response text is relevant to what you just said.
  7. Random_Enchanter Augur

Been there, done that. She tried to smack me, but i just let the enchanter summoned pet beat her down. Totally worth it as well, it's hilarious on raids to give melee 1.0 haste and watch them not notice (Hi tilu)

In all reality, FV has its own rule set and will keep it. Other servers have there own rule sets and will keep them. Don't like a rule set on server XYZ? don't play there. I mean they have what? 5 different rule type servers out there to cater to your liking. Only thing that doesn't get offered is a FVxZek rule set. Which I kind of wanna see with the gear loot-able rule set :mad:
  8. Necromonious Augur

I haven't bothered to read any post of this thread but I'm fairly confident that what I am going to mention about FV has not been mentioned.

For one, I love the server's ruleset, it kept me interested in EQ for years after I would have quit. However, aside from the obvious negatives of an inflated economy comes very little actual grouping. With t3 group gear (TDS raid gear is so expensive it's out of reach for 99% of population still probably) being bazaar buyable destroys any incentive for people to bother with progression. Just grind up to lev 105 and buy the gear

In my dozens of hours playing through TDS, grouping whenever I could, I grouped with 2 non-raiders total. Everyone else was a raider, and even amongst these guilds, there wasn't much grouping.

The ONLY grouping you will see on FV is to grind the easiest HA's. If you don't want to be comformed to boxing (and 2 boxing is slow as balls with TDS mob hp), I wouldn't recommend FV. It is not a dead server, but it will feel that way when u are doing current progression
    Lisandra and Viscosity like this.
  9. Lisandra Augur

I don't get the hostility from Leex and Sheex (are you the same person?) but I don't expect transfers off and I don't expect to merge with "real" servers. I expect all or most of the special rule set servers to merge together and on the other side the "real" servers to merge 2 to 4 servers into 1. I'm not sure why you guys are getting so bent out of shape over some supposition in relation to the bottom line/profitability of Daybreak so that CN can either sustain it or sell it to the highest bidder if they choose to do so.

Expecting things to stay the same when a new owner has purchased the entire company is both naive and wishful thinking. No, I'm not trying to offend anyone and no I'm not your enemy. In fact if they did allow transfers off of FV for 2500 SC or whatever, I think most of the people you would meet would be either good or great players or good or great people. I don't understand why you all so readily dismiss fellow EQ players because of some scumbags and because of a different rule set but again I only expect special rule set servers to merge with each other to cut costs and maintain profitability.
  10. Battleaxe Augur

And I believe that PvP servers that do not have the ability to buy no drop gear as occurs on FV would be given a choice as happened with Trakanon in 20011 in the event of merges.

Something a lot like:
    The Trakanon and Zek servers are being merged into existing servers. Characters on the Trakanon and Zek Servers will be able to transfer for free to a server* of their choice. Simply use the /servertransfer command and you will be presented with a list of servers; pick one and be whisked away to a familiar yet strange land, populated with all new people you've never met before!
    So think carefully and make your choice!
    * Eligible servers include all standard rule set EverQuest servers and the special rule set server Firona Vie.

There can be and should be special rules server merges without allowing transfers from FV or Test. The special rules existing on those servers should not be imposed on or affect anyone else.

You apparently think FV would be allowed to spread it's culture of no drop gear being salable to players that don't embrace that feature and I do not.
    I believe Daybreak will be thoughtful and tend to follow a pattern it employed while briefly allowing free transfers from Trakanon.

I can understand the attitudes of some of the posters that play on FV. It's a hard pill to swallow when most of the players in the game reject a playstyle you prefer. BUT they do.

It is however probably a good thing to pull out all of the old they should allow transfers from FV arguments out of the attic and wave them about again. It reminds people how much they value servers where FV rules and players that enjoyed those rules don't affect them very much (kinda devastating when they do, but SOE will have to put a stop to that).
  11. Lisandra Augur

I've got you ignored Battleaxe so you can post whatever you want, I won't see it or respond to it from here on out.
  12. Kellaer Augur

Just imagine all the bandwidth you have saved yourself by not having all that text get downloaded to your browser.
    Silv, Lisandra and Iila like this.
  13. Goranothos Augur

Do you really believe you can't buy no drop gear on regular servers?
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Vlerg Augur

buying rot from a raid guild is definatly not as widespread as selling raid gear on FV... it's not even on the same field ( and that's assuming raid guild actually sells rot... lots of them don't).

you also cannot re-sell the gear you just bought... unlike FV, where raid stuff from every expansion still get traded.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sheex like this.
  15. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Serious question, what do you guys use plat for on live servers?

With the new advanced loot system, I've gone from not looting corpses to acquiring plat left and right. This will bring additional inflation to our servers and I welcome uses for the new plat. I'm running out of ideas on how to spend it and the idea of buying old raid items that were tributed away long ago sounds nice. Another thought is FV chars don't have to live with accidentally purchased currency items.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uhh, no we aren't?

And hostility? You made a pretty dumb comment about how all servers should have the FV ruleset, and pretty much every FV poster here is significantly downplaying or flat out ignoring the advantages of the server, so I'm calling bs on that. In this thread we have people claiming a 50% perma exp bonus doesn't matter, that no drop gear on live servers is sold as frequently as on FV, and that its just as hard to farm platinum to "earn" raid gear as to do the actual raid. All of which are fundamentally not true.

If everyone wanted FV rules, wouldn't we all be playing on FV? And the vast majority aren't, so what does that tell you?

I don't agree with a lot of what Leex is saying, but that doesn't mean that there aren't big advantages to the FV ruleset or that transfers should be allowed.
    Caell likes this.
  17. Random_Enchanter Augur

Buying kronos, saving up for that root earring,
    . . . .
    and using it to otherwise create mass deflation in the economic purchasing power of plat in any server were i have an enchanter of sufficient level
  18. Battleaxe Augur

And if at some point Daybreak decided to consolidate some special rules servers they could merge the Trakanon and Zek servers offering free transfers from those servers to any standard rule set EverQuest server or the special rule set server Firona Vie.

Consolidating special rules servers (and as a result possibly increasing the population on the special rules servers that remain) does not require allowing transfers from FV or Test. Such an initiative would require adjustments to preserve PvP if possible, guilds being able to continue to do content in order on servers that are not time locked for those coming from TLP servers, and recognition that Test is not a production server from a progression standpoint. But IMO these are minor issues compared to being able to buy and sell no drop gear or clone it by copying a toon to Test.

It tells me the rules in force on special rules servers and the toons who chose those rules should not be (and need not be) imposed on those who chose normal rules.

Statements like:
    highlight how wide the gulf is between those who favor FV's rules and players who prefer normal rule set servers.
  19. Porterz73 Augur

There are plenty of ways to spend Plat on live servers. Big ticket items include the raid quality rares for last 2 expansions... And Krono are always handy for those piles of plat which are doing nothing. If you really can't think of anything to do with it OOC in lobby or PoK and some nice EQer will take it off your hands I'm sure.
  20. Lisandra Augur

You're still coming across as either very angry or overly hostile. I guess we can agree to disagree. Once again, I don't expect CHARACTER TRANSFERS I expect SERVER MERGES and I suspect that will mean all or most of the special rule set servers will merge with the others and the regular servers will merge with each other.

If you can't see how much of a cost cutting/saving measure that is and that Daybreak's mandate from CN was to save money, cut as much unnecessary costs as possible and streamline everything then I don't know what to tell you. They aren't going to take opinions, "integrity of the game" or anything else we think into consideration aside from "will they keep playing and keep paying" and for most of us that answer is yes, as long as there is EQ in some form.