Audio Trigger issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Joyeuxx, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

I had to move my EQ folder a while back and did a poor job moving character data. Unfortunately, I deleted the original files. Since then, I have been recreating the ui files.

I recently tried to make some audio triggers and ran into difficulties. The drop down boxes to select a folder and to select .wave files are empty. There are files in the appropriate audio trigger folders. The AT_default_charname_server.ini shows info. Is something still pointing to the old file locations which are empty? Or..?

Thanks in advance,
    Joyeuxx
  2. Yther Augur

Did you make a new shortcut to the game and point to the correct directories?

EDIT: Or did you run EverQuest.exe or LaunchPad.exe from the new directory?

Yther Ore.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I checked the launcher to see if there was a way to do a complete file check and couldnt find that option anywhere. Did I miss it or is there another way to force a file check? That might fix the problem.
  4. Yther Augur

The way to do it now, is click on the 2 gears near the bottom left of the launchpad and on that menu select Validate Game Assets.

EDIT: Then the Validate button.

Yther Ore.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Run the file check like Yther said, hopefully will fix it.

Or use Gina for your triggers if you don't mind using a separate program.
    Dibab likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ahhh I see the problem I was having with that. I watched my launcher start up and the gears appear while its starting but once it has completed they vanish. If anyone is having the same issue they may have to watch the launcher start up and click the gears before they poof. Maybe doing that will fix my launcher?

Ok I see what it was... if I start the launcher and the toon its set to is already in game the gears wont show up. If I select a toon that isnt in game it does. Which probably means you shouldnt be logged in at all when running the file check.
    Yther likes this.
  7. Yther Augur

Yea, hopefully. It doesn't disappear on my launcher.

Yther Ore.
  8. Yther Augur

I hate that sometimes the Play button doesn't switch to Playing when you select an account that is already in-game. I always think something is wrong, with no Progress bar movement and no Play button.

Yther Ore.
  9. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

Thank you for the help! My chars are currently in-game trying to get shaman buffs (it's soooo hard now!)

I did the original move back around the holidays, I think. I've played off and on since then as well as bought the new expansion. That downloaded fine (about a month ago). So just guessing until I give up waiting for buffs, I would think launcher is fine. Am I following your thought.. or?

Take care all,
    Joyeuxx
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Glad it all worked out!!!
  11. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

Hmm. I wasn't clear, was I? I was saying as my chars were in game, I could not check the launcher possibility.

As I was mulling that thought, I realized I had bought the new expansion about a month ago, and one would think the game would have patched at that time (if not in the intervening 30 days). So, just thinking, based on those points, counting on the patcher to fix things may not be the way to go?

Sorry about not being clear.
    Joyeuxx
  12. Yther Augur

And you've been in the new expansion since downloading it?

Yther Ore.
  13. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

Yes, I've played for a month since downloading the new expansion. I tried validating the files and didnt help. I found an old posting of Sarkaukar's saying to delete the audio trigger files and the AT_Charname_server file and repatch them. So am trying that now.
  14. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

Yther likes this.
  15. Yther Augur

Nice. That's the thread I was trying to remember. Since I didn't come up with the solution, it wasn't sticking in my memory very well. But it's definitely the first thing to check, since it blanks out the Audio Triggers window.

Yther Ore.