FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Amor Augur

Well Lisandra. You made the statement that every server should have that rule as if everyone wants it? There is just one server with the rules you think everyone should live by and I see here people saying FV needs people. If everyone wanted your rules don't you think FV would be the most popular server then since it's the only one of its kind?

You are right that people fear change but sometimes change isn't always good. Sorry for the people stuck there but since day one they made it clear that once there that is your permanent home. Now that things aren't all peachy (yet by your assumption that's what people want and by the facts that people aren't flocking to your rules, you're wrong) you want the rules changed that you agreed to. As for your profound Nostradamus insight anyone can make claims and take credit. I will make a claim that one day EQ shuts down. Oh wow I can predict as well as you and just like you I will say just wait and see and when it happens we can examine my claim too to verify I have your Nostradamus insight as well. You should probably hope they merge in the next six months. If not your predictions hold as much weight as the first time I heard this game is dying back in 2000.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Lisandra Augur

I never said the game was dying. Settle down Beavis! Back in the early days all gear was tradeable before no drop was added. I doubt the world would end if they had never implemented no drop/no trade and then we wouldn't be having this conversation. No reason to get all bent out of shape over it either way. It's not like they are going to suddenly revert back to the way it was prior to PoP.
  3. Battleaxe Augur

Merges ala 2011 -
    The Trakanon and Zek servers are being merged into existing servers. Characters on the Trakanon and Zek Servers will be able to transfer for free to a server* of their choice. Simply use the /servertransfer command and you will be presented with a list of servers; pick one and be whisked away to a familiar yet strange land, populated with all new people you've never met before!
    So think carefully and make your choice!
    * Eligible servers include all standard rule set EverQuest servers and the special rule set server Firona Vie.

There ya go. Merges.

Trakanon was briefly offered free transfers in the past. While merging it into existing servers would mean players would no longer be on a TLP: server, guilds that intended to move through all of the raid progression would still have that option on a new server provided they remained intact. Alternately those who prefered earlier EQ could opt to play on the new progression server and those prefering the FV ruleset could choose that server.

Players on Zek would also be able to choose between normal server rules and the FV ruleset. It may be possible to allow limited PvP on non-PvP servers for those who's characters are flagged for PvP. At least that option should be explored.

Players on FV would be able to continue to enjoy their special ruleset and benefit from an influx of players from Trakanon and Zek wishing to play under those rules. In addition I suggest allowing players on FV to make copies of their characters to the Test Server. While Test's integrity as an even playing field progression server would be affected by players who obtained no drop gear without earning it, the server is a special case anyway. IMO a possible influx of players from FV (who will no longer be able to trade no drop gear once reaching Test and will not be able to transfer off from that server) outweighs any possible negative consequences.

Daybreak could have its merges cake (should merges of special rules servers be wanted) AND honor as much as possible the cultures of both special rules and normal servers.

Allowing characters from servers where one can buy and $ell no drop raid gear to transfer to normal rules servers is not required in order to have merges.
  4. James Augur

I started on FV because it was the only RP server out, years later I return and now I am trash, scum and a thief? Gee thanks head for those kind words, every server has trash on it and for you to direct it all at us is kinda childish.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You do realize your response is equally childish? Anyway FV doesn't have any more idiots then any other server they are just a dumping ground for peeps that steal toons, strip them and sell the stuff, people who pretend to have their toon stolen and do the same and people who just want to make some cash from their gear when they leave the game and do the same. But I doubt many or any of these peeps actually play on FV other then to sell stuff.

I rechecked the messages but which one was it where someone say everyone on FV were evil? I didnt see it on my quick run through.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

I can appreciate trying to characterize the discussion as sanctimonious normal rules server pots vs. realistic FV server kettles, however:

1. SOE/Daybreak has done server merges in the past when rule differences were judged to be minor.
    a. Normal rules + normal rules
    b. Stormhammer (premium) + normal rules
    c. Tallon Zek (PvP) + Rallos Zek (PvP)
    d. The Combine (progression) + The Sleeper (progression)

2. SOE/Daybreak has not done server merges despite requests when populations were not low enough to require a merge and/or a server had substantially different rules than any other server.
    a. Test
    b. Firiona Vie

3. It doesn't matter even a little bit to me whether a terrible player from the normal rules East Jegordia server buys or sells no drop equipment on FV or a long term resident of FV does. I chose to play on a normal rules server where no drop gear is not openly bought or sold in the bazaar. While it's possible an endgame guild has sold looting rights for current endgame raid gear I've (on 4 different servers) never seen or heard of that happening.

No drop gear (and other more easily tranferred assets) is bought and sold on FV. While that's (barring any rules infraction) perfectly fine on FV such things are not a fundamental part of normal rules servers.

4. As I noted in posts above "Allowing characters from servers where one can buy and $ell no drop raid gear to transfer to normal rules servers is not required in order to have merges."
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and code-zero like this.
  7. Lisandra Augur

I'm just tired of listening to his bluster and repetitive negative arguments. He hates anything different or new and refuses to accept change. Regardless of how he feels, things have and will continue to change. He can put his head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening but that won't make any difference to what may be coming in the near future. I'm tired of him twisting everyone's words to try to support his ridiculous opinions.
    Kellaer likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree, in my opinion, he can be unreasonable a lot of the time. But not all of the time. And I don't say that just because I agree with some of his points. Don't let him become your red cape that makes you charge anytime you see him.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Lisandra Augur

You're right, it's just hard to resist after seeing him go on and on in a negative manner without admitting he might be wrong or being totally unwilling to compromise as if his opinion matters more than anyone else's. But I shouldn't lower myself to his level and regret having done so.
    Kellaer likes this.
  10. Kellaer Augur

When I found myself in situations like this, the best advice I ever got was not to touch the poop.
    Lisandra and Iila like this.
  11. Iila Augur

You can look at it, laugh at it, point it out to your friends, or takes pics to share, but DON'T TOUCH IT.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

James, you might find these useful the next time you disagree with someone.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  13. Makavien Augur

There are lots of people that do not buy gear on FV and do not have tons of platinum laying around I bought 1 item since I moved here . An overhaste ring from voa that the gms took back because the seller stripped an account that's it. There are hackers running crazy on the server ( at least in my eyes) one of the biggest plays in the best guild in the game and you guys are able to trade Tds currency right now so why act like you cant ? Last time I checked the arx mentis ornaments were still tradable on all servers.

Fv is a wasteland there is not even 1 guild that has defeated all of tds if Fnf would not of crumbled (due to the hackers) we would of finished tds 2 months ago at least .

And it is just best to ignore Battleblade.
    He will think hes right no matter if the developers completely ignore him and do exactly the opposite of what he wants.
  14. Makavien Augur

And they could put in place rules of transffering off of fv that will limit the bad players getting off .

1 million plat limit . 3 krono limit . A year wait time to transfer off after you transfer to . No transfers to or from unless your 105 with maximum banked and assigned aa.
  15. Viscosity New Member

The eq I'm nostalgic about had almost everything tradeable. Plenty of people on FV feel that way. Someone at Sony knew what they were doing when they started charging for the transfers to FV and left them open. Gear could have been labeled copied considering the special ruleset but someone figured they could turn a buck.

Edit: Also the sony station authenticator should be free and a mobile app. Wouldn't that fit right into daybreak's approach to customer service?
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

Bluster of repetitive negative arguments eh?

Well I'm tired of listening to you trying to sugar coat the FV server and comparing exp weekends which happen once in a blue moon, to a constant exp mod.

It seems to me when you can't put forth an actual response to battle, instead you rather talk about how he's got his head in the sand, when making rational statements.

Maybe it's YOUR head in the sand.

More than likely instead of destroying a normal server, they'll just let FV die off on it's own. No merges etc.

All they have to do is look at the statistics which show how many people play on a normal rules server vs FV. You can clearly see a majority of EQ players like the fact they have to earn their gear, rather than be able to buy it in the bazaar.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Caell like this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You can't limit krono they just make another toon on FV and whatever server they do to and transfer it that way since its account based and not server based. Plat you buy kronos and do the same thing.
    Lisandra and Leex like this.
  18. Ozni Elder

Or they may just dislike the idea that their characters would be trapped on that one server forever.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Lisandra Augur

I suggested they merge SPECIAL RULE servers together. Get off your high horse and read before going off on me. If someone ripped you off in the past I'm sorry to hear that you went through that but dang dude. But that's no reason to take out your anger on an entire group of decent people because of some random misguided attempt to preserve "the integrity of EverQuest" because that ship sailed a long time ago and the only integrity Daybreak and CN are worried about is the integrity of the bottom line.
  20. Belkar_OotS Augur

I much prefer the current FV rules. If FV had allowed more alts 15 years ago I probably would have played there all along. As it stands now, the main reason for not playing there is the fact I have so many friends who play on my server, as a result of my having played on this server forever.

For me tradable gear is basically a huge savings in time. I worked hard for my gear, and it is dumb to destroy/tribute a years worth of gear acquisition every year as I get upgrades, and still always play catch up on my lesser played alts to be 5 or more tiers behind my main character.

If I ever leave my server it will be to go to FV, or to play in an end game guild. It is a shame there are not more weekday/Pacific end game guilds. Most guilds and their very Sunday night oriented schedule is a let down for me LOL.
    CaptAmazing and Ferry-Tunare like this.