Solo Quests are not meant or working in Groups anymore?!?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Biggho, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Biggho Journeyman

I had some issues in a quest "Shadow in Moonlight" in Thullisaur. The Quest itself and the bug are not a big problem but the resulting answer is a problem for any solo quest if that is really meant like written. After doing the disguise in night and killed the chick which should result in a sedated chick head I got the head but no update in the quest log. We did that 6 times in a row and had no problem. The 7th time it made that strange glitch. The quest itself is no big deal. Drop it, redo it, end of story. But after the endless quest running for the Thullisaur-Task I mixed the thought of doing the whole thing again and petitioned to get the thing corrected (fault from my side).

But the answer of GM Woebot struck like lightning. Two possibilites: the GM is a complete noob or the game had a big change in solo tasks and as a 10+ years long-time-player I missed something along the road???

But nevertheless here the answer from GM Woebot:

This is not possible, because the task stuck on that point. There was no poison anymore to sedate a chick and I still had the chick head in my inventory. After deleting it, no poison got back and killing the chick by night again did nothing. After complaining about the in my opinion wrong answer:

I am a non-english /non-native speaker. Perhaps I don't understand something right here. But that means that you can expect that every solo task will possibly not update if you are in a group? That sounds more like the usual "its not a bug, its a feature"-statement. Besides that means that many solo tasks which are in my opinion nearly impossible to do if you are not a typical "raid-geared ubah" are simply not possible to do. That does not go for this one but imagine which classes are able to do that (or they mean that a merc is included or does that count to "not solo")?

The quest meanwhile has been dropped and redone - like I said - no big deal, but the answer still is in my mind. Anybody can confirm that or did I only had a newbie in the support?
  2. Malbro Augur

I believe this to be true. Since Veil of Alaris or Rain of Fear expansions, it is very possible that the reward goes to a group mate, even on a solo task. The problem with this is, said tasks are not soloable.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

lol. They spend more time telling you they can't help than it would take to actually BE of help.
    Kellaer, Nniki, Moklianne and 3 others like this.
  4. lolly Elder

Something very wrong here, and we seem to be getting conflicting statements.
    Either -
    1 - solo tasks are meant to be completed when soloing, in which case some of the " solo" tasks need to be scaled down to be doable by all classes soloing
    Or -
    2 - u can do a solo task while grouped, I which case anyone in the group at the right stage should be moved forward in the quest when the group correctly does the right thing.
  5. Ducreux Augur

I recall a few quests from RoF having this "feature" where only the person who initially tagged the NPC would get quest credit, but they were uncommon enough that it seemed more like a bug than intended. I want to say one of them was in Xorbb but it's been so long.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  6. Fendy Augur

Woe - great sorrow or distress
    Bots - programs that perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive
    Woebot. repetitive sorrow
    Interesting name for a GM
  7. roguerunner Augur

Most of those were in Crystal Caverns
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

*awaits a post from Illa about re-acquiring the missing items through gameplay*
  9. Iila Augur

Those are both form letters, they're not meant to accurate or useful. They're there to make you go away.

Not that CS will actually do anything to help you now. Petitioning buggy quests is a waste of your time, the only way to get things fixed seems to be by posting a visible thread and hoping a dev notices. You're still going to be stuck redoing whatever quest bugged out on you, though.
    Nedrom, Ferry-Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Feel free to reroll a class that is fully capable of handling "solo tasks".

See I beat Iila to the punch ;)
    roguerunner, Lisandra and Iila like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The correct answer here is that CS has no idea what they are talking about. Daybreak reduced overall CS reps and have the CS reps from all the games they run together in one pool now. Most of them have no idea what is going on in EQ and are going to be giving out a lot of wrong answers. I suggest bringing this up to Roshen's attention and continuing to do so each time a CS rep gives a wrong answer. It is the only way they will learn.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I also suggest responding to the petition and telling the GM he is incorrect about solo tasks in Everquest and suggest he ask a supervisor for assistance in this or speak to one of the CS reps that have actually worked on Everquest before.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

14. Lisandra Augur

Woebot is generally a nice guy but I'm sure like all GMs, TSRs and CSRs he doesn't specialize in any one game and has only so much knowledge about each game because of that and especially because the CS department has been "streamlined" and is now even more limited than it ever has been before.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am sure most if not all the CS reps are nice guys. But I don't think they are being given the resources they need to answer the questions and are forced to guess/make up their answers. Not to be vindictive but because they don't have the resources they need or haven't received adequate training. This probably makes them the victims of some rather nasty responses on occasion too. Not that any EQ player ever goes rat bat crazy... no never :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe Daybreak needs to remain the Solo tasks to something like Single Player Group Task so that the GM's won't get confused. Also might help avoid all the player posts that say "Why can't I solo the solo tasks?".
  17. MrGPAC Augur

I have another crazy idea. Why not make all of the merc/partisan tasks group tasks? Fewer bugs, doesn't impact anyone who wants to solo them, and makes them infinitely more repeatable for people wanting to help others through progression...

~MrGPAC
    Lily and Warpeace like this.
  18. Iila Augur

It would limit you to one quest at a time. Partisans sometimes have a couple missions concurrently, and merc quests are almost always just 'kill X rats' quests meant to be completed as you do the partisans or grind.

"Solo" tasks have multiple ways to work fine for groups. Sometimes a dev forgets or makes a mistake in implementing those.
  19. Angahran Augur

Solo tasks now have to be completed solo ?
    I'd LOVE to see this GM go through and complete ANY *solo* task as a warrior (just as an example).

I'd say that at least 75% of 'solo' tasks REQUIRE a group.
  20. Repthor Augur

ill get right on soloing all thease tasks as a warrior . and reporting all th solo tasks i cant solo even with top end raid gear