Violet Conch of the Tempest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warpeace, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Warpeace Augur

That could be a good reason why if that's the trade off, but not always a ranger around to buff you. Would be nice if they listed a usable or usable by all except list so people don't waste time camping it or go buy it.
  2. Brudal Augur

Do you always cast your self buff after a combat rez? If yes then I agree it is pointless to go after the item. If no then it is a 1/2 second cast to add some ac and ds to get back in the fight. Options are good.
    Sheex and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Battleaxe Augur

Feel free to re-roll a pure melee class if you truly would rather camp items than enjoy similar benefits by giving pp to a spell vendor or spending a few AA.

When knights had not gotten an Echo of Anger upgrade for a few years Frodlin (a Warrior), a few other Warriors, and I suggested adding them to an earring that dropped in then current content Solteris. Unfair oversights should be corrected.

This was not an unfair oversight. It was a long overdue update to Girdle of Living Thorns which btw knights could also use IF they were willing to forego their self buffs. (Some Paladins used to pass on Tri-Plated Golden Hackle Hammer and SoTP even though they could use them if they wanted to. In their minds their buffs were good enough or even better. It's happened before sir - item usable/clicky not so much for a given class.)

True, you don't regain unfair advantage if you don't ask but most players:
    1. Know they can't use every item or clicky. Sometimes they have better and acknowledge that.
    2. Look up things before they camp them.
  4. Seldom Augur

Even though it's not an optimal buff for a paladin, it can still be alright in some raid situations. Can add it to a buff string just for sake of getting a buff up ASAP when rezzed back in, you're never going to keep armor memmed. On tower of rot raid when it was lagging like crazy, or PoWar raid when it was a lot of splats and hecticness going on, was better to use those less than optimal clicks vs nothing in that slot. I wouldn't deem the fast clicks of that nature worthless
    Battleaxe likes this.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

And to be completely fair, Paladins CAN use the item. The fact that it's not the best is irrelevant.

Checking stacking issues on Lucy before spending time camping a clicky > wasting the time camping it to find out you won't use it because of a stacking conflict.
    Sheex likes this.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

AC buff stacking: (choose one for SPA 1 slot 1, slot 2, etc.) Note bard songs stack regardless (you can have Spinecoat and Doben's Spry Sonata at the same time).

[IMG]

The Spinecoat clicky is good for everyone except PAL, CLR, RNG, DRU. (INT if they are using their self buff).
    Sheex likes this.
  7. Silv Augur

Unless you are an Enchanter, in which case 99% of damage shields break mez ward procs! :confused: Yeah... how long has that bug been around again?
  8. Dersk Elder

Wasn't that fixed like 7 years ago when enchanter ward buffs got the "negate damage shield" effect added? I honestly don't know if that ever worked because I can never remember to keep that buff active.
  9. Mintalie Augur

Nope.
    Silv likes this.
  10. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

If it's an oversight that the Spinecoat buff from the Conch does not stack with a Pal self buff due to AC slot, I'm all for getting it fixed as long as it doesn't break anything else (or render it unuseable for classes that can use it now). That 2 of 3 of the tank classes can use it due to self buffs (or lack thereof), does not seem fair/right.
  11. Triconix Augur

It's not an oversight.
  12. Brohg Augur

1 of 3 of the tank classes gets AC on that buff slot without having to camp a raredrop ;-)
  13. Tearsin Rain Augur

yeah, the idea that paladins are somehow put out because instead of having to farm a 78ac clicky they can just cast a 170ac + 3k hp + mana regen buff... is utterly ridiculous.
    Fenudir and Battleaxe like this.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Obviously we need this for the DS not the AC.
  15. Battleaxe Augur

If a Paladin really prefered the DS to the 170ac + 3k hp + mana regen buf they can camp the item and forego the self buff. Vs. more trivial content that might even be a reasonable choice. Paladins (and Clerics and Druids, etc.) can make a tradeoff - an extremely nice self buff or a clicky.

I'm sure pure melee would like a nice 170ac + 3k hp + endurance regen buff that stacked with that clicky too. But we aren't given a choice between one or the other (Rogues might feel the DS is of dubious value) much less the option of having both.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

I think you know I wasn't being serious.

Personally i don't care, I saw it didn't stack in Beta.

Apparently its a big deal, but i most certainly would not give up my Self buff for this garbage, but Since its obviously intentional I don't think its worth bringing up the "stacking" issue.

its 78ac

Who Cares it will in no way shape or form impact my ability to perform my primary objective. If it did stack, i'd probably still not bother to camp one. if 78ac is what makes or breaks me, I am already so far down the road of failure...
    Fenudir and Silv like this.
  17. Iila Augur

I'm the druid's choice between Spinecoat from that seashell or Daggerspurcoat from my spell book.
  18. Kellaer Augur

Protip: if you're going to camp a clickie, check on Lucy to see if it has stacking issues with spells you always have up.

Please do. Maybe if more of them are around, people will start to see how absurdly overpowered they are, and how designing raids around their abilities fundamentally breaks the game.
    Sheex, Ravengloome and Soltara like this.
  19. Stickietoes Augur

I normally do, but since I started farming the hour the expansion released, there was no info on it other than "AC clicky" rumours.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Should have checked in Beta. Or looked at the spell parser.