Inc Rogue Changes?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kalipto, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Kalipto Augur

Hey I keep hearing of an upcoming change to rogues. And not a positive one. Something about balancing then in a downward fashion (nerf). Anybody know what people are talking about? Supposedly a lot of mains have switched classes. I expect that's an exaggeration, but people do tend to over react.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

TDS was released.

RIP melee.
  3. Kalipto Augur

Oh did melee just get boned this expansion? If so I'd love more detail on how. Or is it just the typical "casters can buy their best weapons" so they have the advantage with spells?
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Well that whole "buy their best weapons" thing is shenanigans.

However yeh this isn't a super friendly to melee Expansion due to Mob AC and some events basically sitting melee at the back of the bus so to speak.
  5. Kalipto Augur

Does this affect the group game as well?

From what I can tell, the pending doom I heard of hasn't hit yet. Anyone know of an upcoming patch to look out for?
  6. Kalipto Augur

I think I figured it out. People are freaking out about the sticky post from Eli saying they're going to change the AoE disc. Apparently people can spike up to 500k dps and that wasn't intended. Nothings really been said yet though, nothing seems to have even gone to test server yet.

So just typical sky falling bullcrap.
  7. Derresh Augur

AoE discs have nothing to do with melee freaking out. Melee dps are upset because a well played melee class is 2-3 times less sustained dps while doing the same amount of burn dps that a well played caster can.

So, many melee see this and are rerolling mage/wiz/necro since there appears to be no Developer that want to address this issue or tell us what their current plans are to bring melee more in line with casters.

The sky isnt falling, it already fell.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

I don't know about 2 to 3 times less sustained but there is a pretty wide gap.
  9. Esero Elder

While it's entirely dependent on how a guild approaches the events, and how long it takes to down them (obviously with our disc refresh, an 11-12 minute event is ideal) having my overall damage doubled by some of our cloth-wearing friends is not uncommon throughout the entirety of an Arx raid (3x more would probably mean I had a terrible night). We've transitioned to AE'ing some parts (namely beginning of 3 & 4) as many have probably seen on the Twitch stream, which I think makes things a bit more enjoyable for melee & casters alike (druids too, of course if they aren't busy otherwise)

When revisiting CoTF raids mid-week, the gulf is not as substantial. Assassinates/decaps/headshots play a role here, but even without it's still closer - depending on the event anyway.

Ultimately I don't really mind if x or y class is ahead of me as I always look at the end of the night parse with that factor in mind, and try to improve relative to the reality of that. Ultimately people just want to feel valued, myself included obviously, and not marginalized by things outside of their control.

Also I think there are certain classes that have more valid gripes with the current state of their class then we do, especially taking into to consideration the natural fluctuation between balance expansion by expansion, we've been pretty very well off since Knifeplay was introduced in terms of keeping our sustained up.
    Genoane, Brogett and Sheex like this.
  10. Esero Elder

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...rserker-your-feedback-input-is-needed.211901/

The pending doom people speak of is due to proposed changes to our AE abilities by Elidroth last year, which never occurred. It was never abundantly clear what was going to be changed, but he said he wanted to counter-balance that by finding a way to boost our sustained (as well as Monks/Zerkers)

As for the group game - it's entirely dependent on how your group is setup tbh but more often than not it's not a big issue. If you're rotating all of your discs, being sure to keep your endurance pool at a sustainable place with Rest/Breather etc. and have some adps as a boost then you're sustained will be fine regardless of the AE changes that may or may not happen.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Is it me, or given the historical context of EQ and AE abilities, isn't it a bit ironic that ae'ing has become this "melee friendly" of a strat?

I think the bottom line is with recent raids the anti melee mechanics have been so much harsher, coupled with much greater reliance on adps, positioning and no shield of consequence type ability has put melee in a not so great place on a lot of newer raids.

Arx3's gotta be one of the dumbest raids for melee in the game's history.
    Brogett and Esero like this.
  12. Enkel Augur

Actually, yes, the gap is about that sometimes (and can be more or less depending on the event).

Edit: wrote gab, originally, instead of gap.
  13. Brogett Augur

It depends on the event for us, but I often see around 2x for our necros. Less so for the wiz/mage, but then again our strongest wiz (when he's in raid) is often an alt so I suspect there is room for improvement there.

There are a lot of melee-unfriendly mechanics in some raids. Snares suck for melee and less so for casters. Auras suck for melee, and not at all for casters. PBAEs suck for melee (and...). The other main issue I see is very high AC on raid bosses.

Quite seriously, on something like Captain Tita it's not that uncommon for my full burn to be beaten by an enchanter. Nerfing mitigation to reduce melee burn is one thing, but it's gone too far. (Well that and enchanters are having a very "good day" atm.)
  14. Songsa Augur

A quick and easy fix would be to tune down AC on raid mobs to match tier 1 cotf mobs, it wouldnt be enough for melee to be competitive due to TDS raid mechanisms that annoy melee more than casters but at least it would go in the right direction and maybe that could avoid a massive reroll/exodus that can be understandable with current situation.
    Harabakc and Sancus like this.
  15. Harabakc Augur

He may be referring to the endurance re balance that needs to happen on the whole. Which was threatened with potential rest changes.