FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Aghinem Augur

Heh, I doubt there is anyone playing EQ from any country in which $1000 is a year's worth of wages.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Numiko Augur

woops! meant a month's wages! :oops:
    Aghinem likes this.
  3. Lingum Elder

/testcopy

Everything goes with you to Test, your original char stays on FV safe and sound.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  4. Vlerg Augur

Load up a mule or 2 with raid rot, once it's full Xfer it to firiona vie, sell raid loot for krono, split the krono for your guild.

You surely don't think all the TDS raid loot currently on Firiona vie comes from Fires and fury / other raiding guild?

The issue is real, when those rotting raid weapons ( and there's a ton of them) sell for few kronos a piece on FV...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Agrippa Augur

I enjoy playing on Firiona Vie because it's ruleset is the closest thing we have to classic, at least compared to the servers where 99% of everything rots. Everquest was founded, launched, and went for years with the premice of a strong economy and near everything, including dragon loot, was tradable. Seems odd that soon after they introduce the bazaar, they kill off trade almost entirely.

Anyhow, it's laughable that Firiona Vie has an experience bonus. The server was never hurting for numbers and should have remained a locked server, neither allowing transfers to or off of. The players on the server already have a better economy with tradable loot as was intended in Norrath.
    Warpeace and Silv like this.
  6. Ultrazen Augur

There are many reasons, but just this one is enough.

1. You level faster on FV, hence, it's unfair to people on a server with slower leveling to transfer a character there after you have reaped the benefits of the exp boost. Have you received zero levels since your transfer there years ago? Zero AA? Anything you've done to improve your character that involved exp gains qualifies.
  7. Lisandra Augur

Oh man that 50% bonus xp is such a huge benefit! I mean it's so hard to level and AA in modern EverQuest, it takes years to make it from 1 to 105 these days! :D
    Silv likes this.
  8. Gialana Augur

I'm sorry. After re-reading my post, I realize I wasn't very clear.
    The OP wants to be able to transfer a naked character off FV. Some commenters have remarked that this could be exploited by someone who gears up their character on another server, transfers to FV, sells the gear, transfers back to another server (naked), re-gears, and repeats this process over and over.

My first point is that someone needn't transfer off of FV to re-gear after they've sold their gear on FV.

My second point is that it's unlikely a guild on FV would keep re-gearing the same character over and over. So maybe it would be more profitable for that character to transfer to another server to re-gear--somewhere where they are unknown. While I think this could potentially work initially, I think that character would become known across servers and not allowed in any guilds. How many times a person could get away with this, I don't know.

So I don't think the concern that someone can keep transferring and selling gear on FV should be used as a reason why characters can't transfer off FV. There are other, potentially cheaper, ways an individual can continue selling raid gear on FV, if they're so determined. If transferring off FV allowed the situation to occur much more often, then maybe it's a valid concern. Of course, that might also crash the market on FV, making it less lucrative to participate in these shenanigans.

You mention that a guild would then be able to give their rots to a mule to be sold on FV, splitting the proceeds/kronos. However, that can already be done. There's no need to transfer the mule back to the original server; just get another mule. The OP only wants items that are No Trade on FV to be transferred with the character. I assume that would (and it should) exclude kronos, since those are tradeable. That means the guild members would need to create a character on FV to use the kronos personally, or someone would need to sell the kronos and split the money in RL. The same is true whether or not transfers are allowed off FV.

I actually think transfers to FV (and between all servers for that matter) should be done naked because I think it's wrong that people are able to make money in RL through game play. But I don't care enough to advocate strongly for it.
  9. Gialana Augur

I'm not sure how I feel about this. If there were a lot of people starting fresh with a level 1 (or heroic) character without twinking or PL'ing, I think I would completely agree.

It seems like more of a hassle than it's worth to level a character on FV and transfer it (naked) to another server. This transfer should also not include any currency, so they wouldn't be immediately able to gear up again without help.
  10. Numiko Augur

I'm not sure on the Exp boost thing as a reason, doesn't Zek have the same boost? I think you can transfer off that server...
  11. Zalnima New Member

Ding Ding Ding! Zek has the same EXP bump, you just have to pay to move off of it. There is the whole PvP thing but we have instances too ;)
  12. Barbwarrior Augur

I dont even get why raid loot is notrade id go to fv if they had a euro guild)
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Laronk Augur

Fire and fury is like distant 3rd place on FV
  14. Barbwarrior Augur

I think its guilds on normal cant be bothered dealin with drame from everything being tradeable
  15. Laronk Augur

Kronos are account based I can buy a krono on FV then sell the same krono on another server already without transferring a character.
  16. Laronk Augur

Honestly there isn't much drama associated with loot being tradeable.
  17. Battleaxe Augur

Not was I.

A high level character that is not on FV continues to have high "value" - flags, veteran's AA's, level, AA's, tradeable LoN cards on their LoN account bought for Krono/pp. Believe me, people who can come up with I'll make it look like my character was heisted, get transfered to FV, sell the gear and figure out a way to get value back to my main server, have the toon destroyed to the casual glance malilciously, get friendly CS to roll me back a geared toon or if that fails convince my guild I was pwned and have them regear me, etc. can come up with a lot. Have come up with a lot. And plenty of players in fact have seen drama introduced by FV's mere existence - which will not change but it very well can be and should be contained.

Afaik FV is the only server where someone can strip the meat (no drop raid gear) off a retired toon, sell the meat, and later seperately the skeleton (lvl, AA's, flags, vet AA's, etc.) the meat once hung on. Bad enough to be the retired character for profit junkyard without zombies reappearing on normal servers.

FV is a special rules server. No one invested years in creating a character on that server without knowing what the rules are. There are plenty of players on normal servers who have seen alts built up and shipped off to FV for profit.
    It takes even less time (and time is money) to make a heroic geared heroic toon on a normal server if a normal server toon is your goal. If your goal instead is to play your current FV character I understand they play a version of EQ over there already.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Aghinem Augur

We have a good Australian & Euro membership - but thats another topic =)
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

And never any from the poster:D.

Fix the real problem and make gear tradable on more servers. Completely removes the my character was stolen, transferred, parted out, now stuck on FV stories.

If you find it let us know because they wont do jack currently. But feel free to re roll a new toon and upsize it with a heroic option for 3500 SC.
    Aghinem, Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  20. Porterz73 Augur

The XP bonus on Zek is greatly diminished vs FV when you factor in the risk of getting killed every time you move by a bored PvPer that's tired of being on an empty server. It's true there are instances but you still have to zone in and out of most of them... I imagine chaining Gribble DH HAs would be much tougher if you get ganked between every mission request.

I'm not sure the reason FV has an XP bonus but it does seem like a legit reason not to allow people to transfer off.