Such a lack of care and support

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warpeace, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Warpeace Augur

So I had an alt in raid and with DZ outside waiting to zone in for the extra currency. After the raid was won the character zoned in and never received the currency. I already did this on 2 other raids that evening.

Now granted this was an alt but your still supposed to receive the currency for a raid win in CofT. You cant simply re do the raid as I have a 3 day 15 hour lockout currently.
    Receiving a reply like the following does not speak well for the CS staff there at Daybreak.

So to bad so sad for the 10 or 20 raid currency you should have received but was actually no fault of your own because we can look at the logs and see you were there, the event was beaten and you did infact have the raid and DZ, don't forget the lock out timer. This was done routinely in the past and I understand staff has been cut but failure on the Daybreak side should not penalize the player base.
    Ferry-Tunare and Panache like this.
  2. Kellaer Augur

It's really easy to type out "You will need to repeat the raid." It isn't easy to ask a few dozen other people to do the same.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Actually the funny part is if I'm supposed to redo it will they remove the lock out and give me 53 friends so I can catch back up?
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Your alt got the lockout right? If you're zoning during the win say from death/bind or bannering back, and you miss the lockout, you'll get nothing (and like it!).

Back before the DBG changes this happened to me and GM refused to reimburse the currency because I "wasn't in the zone for most of the raid".
  5. Warpeace Augur

Yes it did.
  6. Derd Augur

I don't for a minute think its lack of care or support, it's lack of finances. What most all of us would like would be when something bad or something that we think should be fixed, that we send a msg and voila it's fixed. In reality that is not without cost to the company. If in the end you only lost currency due to a bug, since generally being out of instance and zoning in works for our alts. What price would you pay for this service? To get raid currency back, I have no idea of the time involved for someone to dig into the log files and I wont' guess. But what I pay for monthly doesn't cover a half hour of a decent wage and benefits package, for one low level employee, and for that I'm already getting game access, with all the costs associated. It's really such a cheap game to play compared to everything I do entertainment wise, I'd be fine if they offered a separate tier of service with a fee per incident. But other than that I don't really blame them for the cost cutting, its just a business decision.
  7. Iila Augur

Feel free to reroll a new character.
  8. Leeanni Elder

Or feel free to play a new game. ;)
    Melanippe likes this.
  9. Leeanni Elder

Back when I was raiding, it happened to my main when my alt was a needed bot in the raid. My main stayed out and when it was time to zone in after the win, she didn't get the coins. I didn't get them reimbursed either.
  10. Numiko Augur

don't rage quit and delete your character either!... or if you do, first transfer him to FV strip and sell his gear .... then Rage Quit!
  11. Kellaer Augur

Alternative proposal: Delete FV, then ragequit.
  12. lancelove Augur

really warpeace? about a bot? pfft...smells like a troll...
  13. Warpeace Augur

Who's the troll here Lancelove? Fact is its a toon that was in a raid received the lock out and didn't receive the currency.

Let it happen to yours and sure you would feel different, Telling a person they simply have to redo the raid and leaving the raid lockout is not an good answer.
    Panache likes this.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

This happened to a friend, CS refused to give him the currency, told him to repeat the raid....

Sadly, I think this is the new norm.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

Had the same thing happen to me when i didn't get the clicker for the achievement.
  16. Weverley Augur

I can see raiding guild bringing those on the sidelines into the zone and close enough to the mobs to make sure they can get their currency.That's what i'm thinking happen in this case and gonna continue happening if they are not close enough.