Best raid events in EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sirene_Fippy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Triconix Augur

PoTime, mainly phases 4-6. Tacvi I loved, especially Tunat. Everything in CoA. Demiplane was also great minus sisters and performer. Vishimtar is probably the single greatest event when it was current. Hatchet in DP is really close. I absolutely loved that event.

I liked the three EPs: Fennin, Coirnav, and Rathe Council also.

As for more current stuff: Chelsith is about as fun as it gets now. Void raid is pretty fun too.

Everything in TDS can be lit on fire for all I care.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Favorite raids and why

Large scale raids:
    • Plane of Hate (1.x) - killing Innoruuk was I think the first god we ever killed in my small family guild. First time I cried as well in happiness over the game I think (well other than getting my 1.0 epic).
    • Kael - I just loved the open zone, everything being so much taller than my dwarf and the multiple fights. Have a love/hate relationship with Vindi where I had to be part of an 10-11 cleric complete heal chain.
    • Plane of Time - LOVED everything about this zone though I realize some hated the exclusiveness of Phase 1.
    • Anguish - again loved the zone where you could go anywhere and start most of the events in any order
    • Demi-Plane - loved so much on this
    • Deathknell - loved the architecture, not so much the raids though for various reasons
    • Crystallos - loved it for the same reasons as Anguish
    • House of Thule Lower - that clock rocked!
    • Shard's Landing raid - epic, need I say more?
    Basically if it was all in an area where the raid force could decide, based on who they had at the time, which direction to start fighting in, THAT was the type of "all in one zone" raids I liked. I have always hated raids which are linear.
    Smaller guild/scale raids:
  3. fazool Augur

City of Mist was awesome for level 40-50. Just magical all around - a mysterious city deep somewhere in the jungle. Trying to find our way around secret passageways etc.

I loved the KC fabled group events that were like mini-raids.

I loved much of PoTime but some of the flagging was monotonously repeated.

The worst raids ever were Xegony and from SoF up in the gnome-mecha-zone thingy - the one where you couldn't touch the doors or you would trigger the event.

My personal favorite was crystallos where our tank died and my pet stepped in and I tanked for the raid with my pet.

I also like the shear terror, pain and anguish of an old school PoFear raid.

And old school PoSky epic raids.

And I absolutely loved Kedge Keep.
  4. Mulerien Elder

The first creation in era at 85. Rough event at 85, took a long time to finally get it. Then going back at 90 and crushing him for payback
  5. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Loved Time (barring phase 1-2). Coirnav. Rallos Zek. OMM. Hatchet. Also loved going back and whomping PoP fabled raids, altho Vallon Zek was just too much time out of my life I can't get back.
    Gialana likes this.
  6. Gialana Augur

My guild was definitely not in this zone anytime near the launch of GoD, though I can't remember if we did it before or after OoW. It was still quite a challenge and a very satisfying win.
    Everyone, jump in the oven!
  7. MrGPAC Augur

I like raids where what you fight is a big powerful monster...something where you think to yourself, "Yeah...it makes sense it would take 54 people to take down that monster!".

I don't like raiding character sized models on steroids that hit for 100k, are hard to target, hard to see, are pushed all over the place, and there is no reason whatsoever for them to be stupid powerful from a lore perspective

Give me Giants and Dragons and Gods. Heck...make me fight armies...but 54 toons trying to surround a player character sized mob that hits for 100k for no reason is lame.

All that aside: I'm surprised badger badger badger raid didn't make the list yet...or maybe that was just our guild where someone would have the song playing in vent the entire encounter while we laughed at the poor sk kiting everything.

~MrGPAC
  8. Kellaer Augur

I agree. People would get sick if every encounter in the game was dragons and gods, but when I compare, for example, Rallos Zek the Warlord versus Xulous Prime, I quickly come to the conclusion to which encounter feels more "epic." Hailing that planar projection finally let me exhale.
  9. Silentchaos Augur

DK1 prenerf
  10. Stubar Augur

Pre-nerf PoW--That was hard as XXXX!! Loved it.
    Kellaer likes this.
  11. Apoc Augur

I enjoyed flagging for PoP making it challenging to actually be potime flagged at level 62 felt good A lot of hard fought memoriea leading raids etc. Doing tacvi when it was fairly current was also a challenge RiP Cats in Hats
  12. Brogett Augur

For me it has to be Coirnav - for my guild the dps to take it down was *so* finely balanced that it took many goes to beat with careful fine tuning of our strats to eek out a few seconds here, a few seconds there until we beat it. A truely epic feeling.

After that I think Irissa in Solteris, not only because she dropped my dagger, but for the sheer awesomeness of implementing a time travelling mob! You're busy fighting away and while Irissa is at 83% a 2nd copy suddenly spawns on you at 49%. You switch to it and beat it down 10% say to 39 and it despawns, phew. Then later on you get your primary target to 49% and she despawns. Hmm, we know where she went! A few seconds later she repops at 39% health. Ok so fundmantally it just turned into (EQ Strat 1: hit boss till adds, hit adds), but the scripting was genius. :)
  13. Bigstomp Augur

I hate this raid. Someone always falls off.

Once you beat it, you'll love going back for achievements.
  14. CyrennFV New Member

Inktu'ta cursecallers. The first time I ever did it, it was a glorious mess. But I was laughing my rear off by the time the wipe was complete.
  15. Caixaa Elder

Sendai was epic also
  16. Rhoulicas Augur

Tower of Solusek Ro, just the feeling I got once I had finally completed the flagging to get in there, and then the even extra special feeling I got once in Sol Ro's chamber.
    I will also never forget the Avatar of Earth raid.
  17. Triconix Augur

Just because some noob falls off it makes the event not fun? Strange reason to hate a raid. You should probably hate the person falling! The event itself is rather enjoyable and unique. The initial islands was a cool idea, especially following lanys around to them. My only complaint is that lanys is the final boss. I wish it was something better/original.

TDS is just garbage. No originality to it and just blah. The zone is boring, the events are boring, everything about it is just not fun. It's so unoriginal that 4 of the 5 events have the same exact mechanic (events 1, 2, 4, and 5 - mem blur or aggro switch)! How is this creative at all?!
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Smh. Your definition of "fun" must be a little odd, or April Fools?!?
  19. Random_Enchanter Augur

poor poor Sheex, look at it this way, soon there will be underfoot fabled raid mobs!:rolleyes:
  20. Leeanni Elder

All of GoD raids. They were challenging and beautiful zones.
    Ravengloome likes this.