Drunken Stein issue/question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Cicelee Augur

So I have pub crawl task. I go to Abysmal Sea and am right in front of Galdorin Visigothe. I have the six lines of the Brasse tale on six different hotkeys. I wait a few minutes, then Galdorin plays his guitar twice. He then recites his song...

Only it is not the Brasse song that gets you the stein.

I have heard a song about all the races of Norrath... a rogue/enchanter/SK trio... a dwarf intoxicated... and one other one that eclipses my mind. But not Brasse's song.

What am I doing wrong?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nothing, he just sings the song, there isn't anything you can do.

Which server are you on?
    Wondering if the patch yesterday messed up the anniversary quest. I've not done it since the patch on my server but I can go take a look and check if ours is OK.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I am on Bristlebane.

Yesterday my monk sat there for over an hour. Someone came up and somehow NPC played Brasse song. Today my magician was there for about 45 minutes. Two players came, one was able to get the Brasse song. So both of my characters have it, but everyone says the song was played immediately; for me it was an hour per character and someone else had to get it.

Happy I have the stein, confused as to what I did wrong.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

All I've ever done is zone in wait a few minutes and he has sung the song.

Pleased you got the stein and the patch didn't break it.
  5. roguerunner Augur

I think there might be a really small radius you need to be in and have the shared active.
  6. fortuneteller Augur

Know that same problem been on AB server
  7. svann Augur

Just did it myself. It took about 10 minutes before he started. I just put the first line in a gina trigger then tabbed back in when it fired.
  8. Random_Enchanter Augur

i believe you have to be drunk in order for him to sing the song on a reliable time table
  9. Brohg Augur

I haven't tried this, just went through it the right way on my main, but can you skip the Kaladim part?
  10. Lisard Silly

1. you need to be drunk IMO i always do it drunk and have no issues( i have never tried it sober ), but i see people in /general getting upset about it lol (prolly cuz they not drunk)
    2. he plays the song randomly, you do not need to be at any certain point in the quest to get the Bonus, you only need to have the quest active (doing the first hail couldnt hurt).
    3. Have him targeted, i usually always hail him to get the Message about him not being able to sing and chat at the same time, i only do this if he doesnt start singing right away. and he will sing afterwords.
    4. i've never had to wait longer then 5 minutes.
    5.i always do the quest thru, and run my alts/friends thru the Bonus part after ive completed everything else. (just so i can walk them thru the singing, you wouldnt believe how some people cant do it lol)
  11. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Actually, if you bought any of Brasse's Bitter Brew from Brewmaster Berina in PoK, you can drink one and you get a Bitter Bottle on your cursor. Put the bottle in inventory, target Galdorin, then right click the bottle. The bottle hit him in the head and he starts singing the correct song. However, he starts singing the right song from the same line he was on in the wrong one.

To guarantee that he sings the correct song from the beginning, bean him with the bottle BETWEEN songs.
    Rhymez Thebard likes this.
  12. SpamFactory Augur

Speak with Galdorin Visigothe 0/1

that step needs to be completed before he starts the Brasse song
  13. Warpeace Augur

No, that has nothing to do with it. I did it with all my toons completely sober. But if being tipsy makes you feel better about doing a pub crawl feel free, it doesn't hurt.

This, its completely random when he plays the quest song you need to repeat back to him. Had intervals of 5 min, 20 min and like 40 min. That was after completing all the steps up to this point.

If the hail before he sings is needed I would assume anyone at that stage and in the vicinity of him will keep the song script active for others?

Unless they went in and changed / broke something, should still be completely random when he starts his song, just have ample time to hang out waiting.
  14. Random_Enchanter Augur

that's how i did it to get the stein, but i already had the checkmark from finishing the task before.
    Just got drunk, got the task, went to abysmal sea, stood by the bard and sang with him
  15. roguerunner Augur

I got the stein before completing the task on another night. You can just get the task and go to abysmal immediately for the item.
  16. svann Augur

yes. Or, at least you dont have to complete the booze part. I had hailed him but that was all.
  17. Wiji Elder

Belated bard you await
    Bitter brew you should create
    'Board boat bound to 'bysmal sea
    A rude gesture it may be
    To throw such a stinky beer
    A special song you may hear