New loot system and raids = Horrible

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Drakang Augur

New loot tool is horrid on raids. We are sitting waiting while we try to figure out how to let people loot the assigned drops they won. This is a piece of crap. Need to exclude all raids from this mess.

Wound up having to sit and wait for the about 15 minutes for chest to unlock to get loot.
    Yinla and Hiladdar like this.
  2. Absor Developer

Have your master looter just give the items directly to the people that won them. Just right-click the item, pick the name. Done.

A
    Lisandra, Xanadas, Dramatime and 2 others like this.
  3. Silv Augur

It's a nightmare for linking a chests contents in guild too.

Regardless, it's not working right as if the raid leader turns it off and uses the "old" way, the chest is still locked out for 15min. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the new lockout times only applied if the new system was "on".
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Hiladdar like this.
  4. Agrippa Augur

A better idea might be to go back to having 99% of things not rot, as did classic EQ for years, including dragon loot. Raid leader loots, raid leader rewards players loot. Just keep things simple.
    Warpeace likes this.
  5. Qulas Augur

[IMG]

Click link all, it links the chest like before.
    Lisandra, Meatball and Dramatime like this.
  6. cygnet Journeyman

Set it to OFF...too complicated and zone crashed during loot on raid tonight...
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. Silv Augur

Thanks!
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Qulas Augur

You can have the master looter hit Set all to: Leave on corpse, and it will act the exact way it did before the system if you wish.

[IMG]
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Zarzac Augur

So when this brand new system sends raid loot to the wrong player due to user error with the interface, I'm guessing we will need to reacquire the items through normal gameplay?
    Imrahil, Borek-VS, Dibab and 8 others like this.
  10. Iila Augur

Feel free to reroll a new character.
    Imrahil, Lisandra, Borek-VS and 12 others like this.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

kk, takes care of telling the raid what has dropped.

Sounds easy.

What selections should the raid master looter make in the advanced looting menu?
    What selection should the other raiders make?

I suppose guilds can list the selections that must be made and 54 people can follow those instructions at the start of each raid. Or someone could create and test the necessary configuration files, distribute them, and write up how to copy the right one over the advanced loot config file actually used - wherever that is, w/e it is named.

What happens should someone win an item who wasn't on the aggro list or not present when the mob died? Anything different have to be done (other than to be added to the expedition and raid and to zone in) - master looter can just right click the item and pick the name?
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yeah, it sucks when people don't pay attention to what they are doing and have to suffer the consequences.
    Lisandra, AB-Muvien, Kaenneth and 2 others like this.
  13. segap Augur

They did leave an option to disable the system. Your guild not comfortable with it? Then turn it off. Your raid leaders can always put together a small raid and go to some non-raid zone and experiment with the new system to get comfortable with it.

Or...maybe the latest and greatest phat lewts require people to use current looting tools. Old ways of doing things should not live forever. Just because you could loot a fire beetle with a right click does not mean you should be able to today :)
    Iila likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

That's not really that different from people miss looting stuff in chest though, just have master looter double check name instead of trying to go fast :p
    Lisandra, Xanadas and Dramatime like this.
  15. Battleaxe Augur

Comfortable? I'm sure any feature added to the game would be elegant and user friendly. Just asking easy questions which should be easily answered.
  16. Drakang Augur

Yeah don't think I will be using the send loot to player. I see myself slipping and hitting the wrong name to often. Better to leave it on the corpse.
  17. Drakang Augur

Guess they can click the red x to send it back if you screw up. But still a pain.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So to assign the loot you have to scroll through 54 names to find the right person? I hope it alpha sorts.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

I wonder how many mis loots are gonna happen the first week this is live? :eek:

That said, the new system looks interesting.
    Dibab likes this.
  20. Kellaer Augur

There will be growing pains. I'd suggest that guilds that aren't confident in the advanced looting system is to try it out in group content, then move it to raids.