If a time lock server is selected which expansion do you want it locked at

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vardune, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Grish Augur

I agree with your assessment of GoD. However, that said, OoW had so much to do for groups, lots of new content, new epics, mpg group trials, etc. DoN had more group content than raid content, though, not as good as OoW.

I think if a server were to lock anywhere, it would hasten that servers death at least as far as from a profitability standpoint but and some people would love it but I feel so many would get bored, they would lose more than they would gain.

That said, I realize, that is just my opinion and if I were to pick a locking spot, OoW or DoN makes way more sense than PoP.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

Either all expansions up to level 65 minus GoD, or up to maybe OoW but I still feel 70 levels is too much to keep a locked server health. You can't have too large of a level/content gap or else it doesn't work. 65+PoP/LoY/LDoN is a good middleground between not being too daunting to eventually get up to while still having a ton of stuff to do and not terribly trashing/trivializing each other (expansion wise).
    Zoggzog likes this.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

+1
    Soltara likes this.
  4. Arderd and Crowd Augur

I don't really want it locked, I think everything up to OoW/DoN was good. Some good stuff after that tho.
  5. Machen New Member

If locked wins, personally I'll be voting to lock it at The Darkened Sea.
  6. Numiko Augur

that's why i hope they make two servers, one that's locked at XXX and one that progess to the end, that way both sides win.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  7. DefenseEQ Augur

Level 70. Stop in any of the level 70 expansions and I'd be very happy to play on this server forever.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

I'd be happy with this too in a permanently locked server situation. Would last way longer than level 65 content and make everything still feel very relevant to individual character/guild gear progression.
    Soltara likes this.
  9. Everwake8 New Member

My vote is for a very slow progression that locks at Velious. Something tells me that a large chunk of the population is going to come back for the nostalgia factor, pitter around until level 47 or so and then quit. If we want people to keep coming back and making new characters, that nostalgia has to be permanent, which is why I say lock at Velious.
  10. Trosh Augur

Or make a ladder server so it isn't a stagnated and bloated server after a couple years. Reset every 2 years, unlock up to PoP or so, It'd keep people coming back forever.
  11. Hateseeker Augur

No lock with voting is the best way. If the preponderance of players want the server to stay at a particular expansion, then they will not vote to move forward. If they do vote to move forward then obviously they wanted to or they changed their mind; but if it isn't set up that way to begin with it will be impossible to get Daybreak to change it and start doing it.
  12. Zyrek New Member

Prophecy of Ro.
  13. Vaclav Augur

There's very few wrong choices of when to permalock if it wins - but PoR would be one of the few that is just completely wrong. Either TBS or DoDH if it's "around PoR" timeframe, but PoR being the ultimate expansion just doesn't make any sense.
    Norathorr likes this.
  14. Qenduven Elder

I am a huge PoP fanatic. Every time this question gets brought up, my answer is usually PoP.

But the more I think about it, the more I think OoW might be a better option. I never really played OoW, but I like the idea of Epic 2.0 being actually an EPIC and powerful item. Also it seems like they balanced out some of the classes that were struggling to stay relevant in PoP, and improved the playstyles of ones that were already balanced but just boring to play (warriors).
    Devol, Crayon123 and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  15. Crayon123 Augur

I like the way you laid this out. I definitely feel that OoW (through the implementation of new AAs, new skills/spells/relevant epic 2.0s, and unique challenging design of both raid/group content) broadened the horizons for many classes and added new dimension to most of them, all at the same time defining their roles in the game in a very meaningful way. If we get to vote on the locked expansion, I've concluded that OoW will get my vote hands down. Riftseekers was just too cool!
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  16. Norathorr Augur

LOL good luck getting that far before the server dies:p
  17. Machen New Member

We're almost done with HoT on Fippy, and have 3 expansions left to go to make it to TDS--don't think it would be a problem at the rate we've been going apart from the new server launching and leeching our population.
  18. Stoic New Member

My vote is for velious, I want porting to stay a thing that binds the community. Plus im more of a dog person, cats piss me off. but either is fine by me, will leave the server once we progress past velious anyway, dont really like the next expantions but I guess many people do.
  19. Portis Augur

If i had to do a wish list of where the server would stop and pick 3 by favorite expansions;

1) Planes of Power-In my eyes this expansion had everything and i think the reason i chose this is that the four previous 'proper' expansions were also all awesome, with no crap in between. Beating the gods and time raids still make me tingle.

2) Omens of War-Great expansion, good raid zones, introduction of the long awaited Epic revisions, lots of group content, great progression content and guild trials to raid the final zone, level cap increase.

3) Secrets of Faydwer-Lots of good personal memories, well thought out raid zones with clever tactics, back to the "named mob camps and rewards" group play i thought some of the previous expansions seemed to lack, gnome bashing always a plus, level cap increase.

Beyond SoF i lost interest, came back and played/raided HoT > RoF but didn't enjoy encounters anywhere near the previous mentioned. I would play, myself, a new TLP up to and including SoF and stop should it go beyond. Knowing what awaited me beyond that would not keep me riveted enough to give up RL.

Portis / TOlbath
  20. Zinth Augur

the more I think about this the more I don't think of a specific expansion, but the level range, so if you want pop, then you take ALL the lvl 65 expansions and stop at those or the lvl 70 range and stop at the last lvl 70 expansion and so on for whatever range the server should stop at (if it stops)

65 would be good, 70 would be better, 75 could be decent but 80 is where EQ changes a LOT
    Portis likes this.