Player Studio created Weapons & Shields

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IceSy, Mar 20, 2015.

1. IceSy Augur

Title says it all! Fellow Player Studio creators,.. feel free to post your weapons & shields here!

Suggestions / requests are also most welcome! :D
    Sheex likes this.
  2. IceSy Augur

3. IceSy Augur

[IMG]
    Azerthan likes this.
  4. IceSy Augur

5. IceSy Augur

6. IceSy Augur

7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

A couple of mine in the marketplace, more to come.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We need player studio created armor sets.
    Lisandra and Zujilli like this.
  9. Zujilli Elder

I agree! The robes are nice but I'd like to see some chain, plate and leather sets also.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Is that staff made of real frozen Beimeith's tears? Does it come with a certificate of authenticity?
    IceSy and Iila like this.
  11. Necromonious Augur

I wish the players could do more with particle effects. And I hope the integrity of the game's immersion gets preserved. Some of the marketplace items like the valentine ones are just silly to me. I hope in the future in not seeing Master Chief from Halo and cowboys with guns and all sorts of weird ornaments like that...
  12. IceSy Augur

LOL You would have to ask him on the "Certificate" part,. as for the "real Beimeith tears",.. I'll never tell! ;)
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. IceSy Augur

We can request particle effects and the dev team will add them (within reason). As far as other,. we have to stick with in the "style" of EverQuest. That's not to say that holiday items can't depart from that a bit, but over all Player Studio artists have to stick to items that look as though they belong in Norrath.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Wiji Elder

These are pretty cool, thanks for your efforts. I bought the borefender's and bertoxx shields and really enjoy them. Do y'all have much say in the size of the models? Some of the market place items seem ridiculously oversized or tiny, it really detracts from some otherwise great items.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Shields are a problem with their tech. We spend time to get the size and position just right, but internally the shield is attached and scaled to each race/gender combo through an automated inflexible process.

Halflings have it about the worst with shields clipping into the arm, or being sized down too far to avoid clipping.

We've been told their code is just so old, and that's the way it is. :(
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Speaking of shields and it's Bristlebane Day time...
    [IMG]
    Lisandra, Spellfire, Azerthan and 2 others like this.
  17. Azerthan Elder

These are the weapon ornaments I have in the Marketplace, more on the way! Thank you all for your support of Player Studio!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Lisandra, IceSy, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  18. Lingum Elder

I have hundreds of screen shots of cool art that is already in the game that I'd looooove to see come to PS for housing. For instance, the Romanesque columns with the faces on them in Halls of Honor. Or the various years of anniversary banners that hang in POK. Those really cool stained glass windows in Deathknell. That killer grandfather clock in HOT.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Lingum Elder

How about classic peaceable helms like Helm of the Tracker, etc.

Taxidermy beasties
  20. IceSy Augur

Unfortunately, we have to tread very lightly on re-making items that are already exist in-game that are not place-able. Especially things like anniversary banners.
    The stained glass windows,. Paul has one already in the market place, I am working on some also. Cakvala did a grandfather clock,. but I was also asked to do one in the style of Tick-Tock that I need to finish up. Place-able helms,. we can do.