Why did you do that to PoK vendors?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheQxx, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Melanippe Augur

Excellent news, Prathun. Thank you and the team.
    ModRanger likes this.
  2. Scila Augur

:) thank you
  3. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Thank you Prathun!
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Nice way to start the weekend :)
    Zujilli, Iila, Lisandra and 3 others like this.
  5. Kellaer Augur

excellent response, thank you. you've greatly earned my respect, and I like being able to say that these days
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

It's extremely refreshing to see a Dev state the equivalent of, "Oops. We goofed badly. We apologize and are fixing it ASAP."

Thank you.
    Zujilli, silku, Fenudir and 2 others like this.
  7. MrGPAC Augur

Great response. From what I can tell: Devs went through some work to increase the max number of items that can be on a merchant! That's fantastic! Having put in all the work, they wanted to make use of it...makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately, what devs saw as "clutter" the community see's as "flavor" and "familiar". I like that they tried to do what they thought was an improvement, and like even more that they are willing to change back if that's what the public wants.

Rather than do a super consolidation removing npcs...why not pick one npc per tradeskill and stock them up with everything? That way we keep the flavor and all quests while taking advantage of the new code and allowing people to be lazy if they want to?

Still...liking what I'm seeing here. Now if only we can get them to revert freeport and oasis changes...

~MrGPAC
    JupiterKnight, TheQxx and Lisandra like this.
  8. moogs Augur

Good stuff. Thank you so much.
  9. Lisandra Augur

It's like we stepped into the Twilight Zone or Oz or Narnia or something! :p
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

That's a shame. I rather like the layout of the new way.
  11. Riou EQResource

The new pok consolidation didn't bum me out except for the merchants having weird items (like fishing poles being on the tinkering merchant and not either of the fishing merchants lol) or smarter items, like more building things that TS uses on that TS vendor (like Iila's example of water flasks should be on like every vendor :p)
    Lisandra and Iila like this.
  12. Fenudir Augur

Thank you.

I think that this is only the third time in 10 years that I've seen something like this come from the team. We're all human and we all makes mistakes. The trick is owning up to them and making them right. This is an amazing start and a good sign.

Again, thank you.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. silku Augur

Thank you devs for looking to put things back the way they were. I know we whine a lot, but I do hope you know we are still very passionate about this game.
  14. Malacath Journeyman

While your doing that think you could make it so the Forge/Fletching table/Loom at the small bank with all the tradeskill vendors are able to make planar combines? last i checked for some reason i can't make any of the planar bow sub/combines on any of them unlike the other forge/looms in the zone
  15. Kellaer Augur

I'm glad you're in the minority at least.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Thank you for reverting this change.
  17. fortuneteller Augur

BIG thanks for undoing the change. :)
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Great job man. The theory was good. The execution, not so much. Glad to see it being changed.. And glad to see you're trying to make things better even if you swing and miss at times.
    Nerishau and Iila like this.
  19. taliefer Augur

I like the thought process behind the changes honestly. But man, it did make Pok feel like a ghost town.

And I can say as some who leveled a trade skill past 50 for the first time ever after the change. It was nice having everything on one vendor. But it wasn't wirth the trade off imo. I'd rather just a new npc be added for each trade skill with the uber list of stuff to sell than decimate Pok
    beryon, Nerishau and Bigstomp like this.
  20. Aanuvane Augur

If you are really completely reverting the change, there are still some vendors missing. Szrix Hammertail as has already been pointed out, Tallis Paerk, one of the Ironstoves. one of the fletching merchants in the western trader building and a couple of the dwarves by the Northern Trader building. At least that's what I've noticed so far.

If you really want to help people, bring more ingredients to PoK:
    • Items from the Tindlefoots in Shards as one poster suggested
    • Add in Orphic Solutions which I do not believe are for sale anywhere
    • Put water flasks on more vendors
    • Add Small Bricks of Ore to more smithing vendors
    • Bring more of Merchant Woad's inventory to someone in PoK
    However, let me add my thanks for listening on this point. I appreciate it greatly.
    beryon, Nerishau and Deavirtus like this.