well we got reports grounds is unbeatable so lets hear what happing on live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by trueheart, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Borias New Member

Thanks!, it was an effort to say the least.
  2. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Ran this tonight (approx 12am central-1am central), got at least 6 per wave, all of which were yellow to level 105. As we were gathering them, 6 more spawned. Not sure if the fix is working as intended.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. MrGPAC Augur

Mission downed.

Me boxing: Bard, Sk, Cleric.
    Friends: Wizard, Paladin, Ranger

Fun mission and fun to figure out...but I think I'm going to have nightmares about little green frogs for about a week.

Really disappointed to see the bonus named at end dropped absolutely nothing. Additionally....the butler did NOT update that we had beaten the event when asked "last group".

~MrGPAC
  4. Bamkan Augur

I'm not sure about this mission and how exactly folks are beating it.

I do know for certain that for each LIVE player in the zone, that 2 mobs spawn every 2mins.

Nothing summons. So my thought was war/cle/bard and 3 wiz mercs. The problem i find is just rounding them up takes time, and then the chance of a bone crafter - which is the mob that mezzes you - is higher if you have more mobs spawning. My bard got mezzed on the 1st wave, RC didn't cure it...and i had to run around on Warrior rounding up 6 mobs - meanwhile 3 mercs are blasting away at mobs i have targeted (cos bard is set as puller and tank is not). So i've stopped that. I've just been campfiring out everyone, and then switch to 1 person and a merc. I tried War/Merc and then he died, so brought in bard quickly and kited for a while - but there is always darn one you miss. I think next time i try this I'll go Wiz/Cleric merc. I had 1 mob down to about 20% with Warrior b4 the 2nd wave, I think with a DPS/merc combo - you should be able to get down both within the 2mins.

It just seems strange that the more real players you bring to the task, the harder it is. Merc's do not count for the infected count. Do you bring in a CLERIC/DRUID/SHAMAN when you will need to produce another 4million HP's of damage you need to eat through every 2mins, or do you just go with a cleric merc, and not get those extra 2 mobs.
    I did it with 6 people and kited around 60mobs.
    I've tried it with 3 people and 3 mercs. The mez just buggers you up here tbh.
    I've tried it with 1 person and 1 merc. This to me is working the best. 5 waves and you just have 10 mobs to kite.., they are easy to pick up and you can easily stay outside the mez range.

Thats my advise :)

I don't mind the task tho - it's pretty good xp and i just throw a couple of "xp needing" toons in the group for the trash clear.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Zantor Augur

I tried to kite them all, went well for about 5 mins or so then after like 20 or so mobs up and one of us got mezzed, one got to the lake. As most people said, people not mind a challenge, just not beating their heads on their keyboard for many hours at a time trying to do the impossible over and over.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Bamkan Augur

Tried that phase with Wizard and cleric merc
    I could keep up with the waves ok.

/GU Combined: An infected bixie in 398s, 11966k @30065dps --- Sildanxx 11966k @30065dps (100%)

Unfortuately on the 4th wave, an infected bonecrafter spawned and of course mezzed (chaotic bewildering) me for around 40secs. Somehow they still hadn't quite got to the lake, and I managed to round them back up (only 2 mobs) - once you got a bonecrafter, then your only real option is to kite them, because as soon as you come into casting range of them they will mez you. By about now , the 5th wave had spawned and (you have to get in range to be able to aggro them), sure enough, it was another bonecrafter which promptly mezzed me again for another 56 secs (bewilder this time) and they got to the lake.

I do have a necro that I was going to use instead of the wizard, I can get a negative regen on him so that would break mez and as long as mobs are dotted then you'd re pick up the aggro on the next dot tic. My necro is prolly a bit too squishy tho I think and would likely have mana problems (in my hands!! :) )

The mez is pretty fustrating. Even breaking the Crypt area
    [Thu Mar 19 11:03:43 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    [Thu Mar 19 11:06:33 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    [Thu Mar 19 11:11:37 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    [Thu Mar 19 11:16:32 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    [Thu Mar 19 11:27:16 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    [Thu Mar 19 11:39:15 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    [Thu Mar 19 11:46:02 2015] You are completely confused as to what to do next.
    So I guess next attempt will be with necro :)
  7. Absor Developer

Ding! Ok, I see the problem. I had no idea this was going on, but now I see why. I'll fix it.

A
    Yinla, Gialana, Lisandra and 4 others like this.
  8. MrGPAC Augur

So we did the task again and noticed the named at the end of the mission changed. When you say "last group" you get a list of the following names:

Camenyte of Stromm and Luclin, Namilkman of Stromm and Luclin, Thuko of The Rathe, Drathos of The Rathe, Aation of Bristlebane, Jedrin of Bristlebane, Etheria of Vox, Seeanna of Vox, and Jaden Pain of Bristlebane.

First time we did the mission, the undead named at end was named Thuko. Second time it was named Namilkman.

Any more info on named at the end...the zombie one not the Giant Frog? Hasn't dropped anything either of the times we killed him. Also unclear what to do with the clicks that drop off the little frog adds.

~MrGPAC
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. MrGPAC Augur

So I went back and did this mission today...some changes:

1) You now get 2 adds for waves 1, 2, and 3, and 3 adds for waves 4 and 5 regardless of # of people in zone. This phase is now stupid trivial.

2) There are now 50 frogs instead of 100 that spawn in the water. This made this part a lot easier as well.

3) The little frogs seem to have a lot less hps than they used to, further making this part a lot easier.

4) Boss frog spawns 1 add at a time instead of 3, again making this a lot easier.

5) The "bonus named" spawns 1 cube instead of 3 now as well....making him easier as well...

In short...this mission went from probably too hard to way way way too easy.

I'm still not sure what to do with the "Slime Bile Sac" that the add frogs drop. I tried clicking it on them, on the boss frog, on the bonus named with no loots, his adds, all npc types in zone, and turning in to the quest mobs and got nothing...just that the click was useless on them... Now that more people should have access to doing this quest maybe we'll get someone who can figure this out?

~MrGPAC
  10. fortuneteller Augur

If I should come with a suggestion for a change to this ha, it would be the items you loot for the potion and potion itself.

With that, i mean the fact that the ingredients + potion is no zone.

That is understandable, as i guess you dont want people to stock up on them, to use in NeXT task. At least that I think is why they so.

But if a person logs out for a sec, and comes back, then the items are gone, or go ld, or die (not tried last 2 though).

When that happens, they have to restart the thing, which is bad.

My suggestion would be to create a new flag, No Question. So if a person removes him(her)self from the ha, then the items go away.

That way, you would fullfill your purpose about people not taking items from 1 task to another, But it would also not penalise people
    WHO goes ld, die, zone.
  11. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Evacs also poof them.