cures...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tharzak, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tharzak Elder

Hi everyone. I'm curious to know how you manage cures as a cleric in raids. We're still banging our heads on CoTF raids so specifically those. ToR and DH2 being the worst.
    We're limited on Pallys so can't rely on their help.
    My group assignment tends to determine how rough this is on me.
    Single target while fast is...single target. Group heal/cure is extremely slow and casting twice in a row can be deadly if someone else loses focus.

Advice please.
  2. guado Augur

Check to see if your group cures from TDS and RoF share a timer. In the case of druids, they do not, allowing us to chain cast group cures if we so choose.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

While I couldn't tell you if it's the best way.....I was twin casting greater word, and using radiant cure aa.
  4. moogs Augur

DH2? I know the first event (Xulous Prime) requires some curing (more so if your guild is sloppy about kiting the adds) but I honestly don't remember much of that happening on the second event with the multiple named mobs.
  5. Mugsie Elder

Do you mean DH1 instead of DH2?

2 Pallies taking turns TWINCASTING splash can cover DH1 and ToR (mostly).

For DH1 Specifically if you are tanking away from the main raid body, you want to have your clerics using word close to MT. You could position such that no more than 2 people in an MT group would be hit at once, and could make sure anyone there had cure potions / outside spotter.

With a single pally for DH1, you would have to have a caller (could be splasher themself) say when to TWINcast splash and when to cure in group.

ToR I assume your are just talking mark. With 1 pally you can't keep up when royals are spawning. You can however drag royal vicars (and scouts) to a far back corner and off tanked there away from melee (has to be mid wall to opposite corner to be oor though).

Mugs
  6. Warpeace Augur

Curing Disease

It's not the sole responsibility of your healer to cure you. There are many classes that can cure disease, and a Distillate of Immunization removes 64 disease counters.

Classes other than Druids, Shaman and Clerics that can cure disease:

Class Spell/AA Counters Cast Recast Target
    Beastlord Eradicate Disease 60 1.25s 1.5s Single

Necromancer Eradicate Disease 60 1.25s 1.5s Single
    Embrace The Decay (AA) 30 0.25s 5 mins Self

Paladin Splash of Cleansing 23-25 1s 18s Target Ring AE
    Reverent Purity 50-54 1.75s 1.5s Single

Ranger Eradicate Disease 60 1.25s 1.5s Single
    Herbal Balm 30 1.5s 1.5s Single

Shadowknight Purity of Death (AA) 30 0.25s 18s Self

Monk Purify Body (AA) ?? 0s 30s Self
    guado and moogs like this.
  7. Tharzak Elder

Yes, meant Xulous Prime...DH1/2...whichever that is.
  8. Tharzak Elder

This is more in line with what I've been doing. Just trying to find a faster or more efficient way.
  9. Tharzak Elder

Specifics. Thank you. We've basically been running with one pally and while those splashes are great they're just not enough. So some strategy Is just what I'm looking for.
  10. Tharzak Elder

Oh and Warpeace thanks for the info. Maybe everyone should keep some potions on them eh?
  11. sojero One hit wonder

We always make sure everyone has pots on them, because we generally run with 1-2 pallies as well. If you have your paladins telling the raid when they are curing, then a single word/group cure after will suffice, and anyone that misses can use self abilities + potions to make up the difference or ask someone for a single. Designate the single curer before you start, and if someone that is not a kiter is perpetually having issues, maybe ask them why or try and help them in some way to eliminate the issue.
  12. Roxxanna Augur

And don't forget your Ward of Purity, every bit helps, just remember it shares a timer with EB.
  13. Crystilla Augur

We've been pally light up until recently (aka 0-1 on raids for the first 1-2 hours of the raid, with 1-2 as our max) so as said:

• Group of reformation / group of greater reformation (I recommend using this one at level 105 ONLY if you have CoF tier 2 boots for the spell haste, if not, I say stick with the level 100 spell because cast time is king)
    • Eradicate disease spell should be up
    • All your beastlords should help with cures (and shaman groups do their own curing)
    • Don't forget to use radiant cure once a minute and clerics can use group purify soul once as well + the renewal lines (fraught renewal and fervent renewal - again for same reason as above I didn't suggest using fervid until you have CoF tier 2 boots for the spell haste).
    • Potions should be handed out during the pre-engage time on this event.
    Tharzak likes this.
  14. Tharzak Elder

Awesome info! Thanks for everyone's input!