Surprise Patch Tomorrow & XP Improvements

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hail, Norrath!

Surprise patch tomorrow! There’s an in-game issue we need to fix so we wanted to take advantage of the opportunity and address a couple of other things, namely a few improvements to experience gains.

What’s in this update?
    • We've improved experience gains in older zones for players who are level 101 to 105.
    • Experience bonus effects like Lesson of the Devoted and Bottles of Adventure will now apply to the experience rewarded on Heroic Adventure task completion.
    • The amount of experience that mercenaries can gain on tasks has been increased dramatically.
    • We’re adding new item to the Marketplace, Bottle of Adventure IV, which is a potion that grants +75% base XP.
    Tomorrow morning servers will be down from about 4 - 6AM Pacific.

Sincerely, as always,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
    Atlans, Ardin, Ramce and 14 others like this.
  2. Frenzic Augur

Thank you for fixing the "issue" so quickly.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

What about the new cs policy of not restoring deleted characters?

Every other MMO offers some way to restore them do you think EQ can last if you do not revert this change?

And how much has the XP "improved" 10% would be an improvement not enough to make me resub but it would qualify as an improvement
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

or make it harder to delete them like having to type out there name
    Garshok, Hiladdar and Barton like this.
  5. Iila Augur

What exactly does that mean? The penalty is currently -75% exp at 105, is it a full removal of the penalty or a reduction in the severity?
    Hiladdar, guado, beryon and 3 others like this.
  6. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Nice, however for:

"Experience bonus effects like Lesson of the Devoted and Bottles of Adventure will now apply to the experience rewarded on Heroic Adventure task completion."

Do you need LoD/Bottles running when you finish to get the xp, or if it's expired will you still get bonus xp?

Haz!
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Experience in zones released prior to Call of the Forsaken have been improved significantly.

The goal is to have the experience fall-off as characters level to be in-line with what players have seen in the past when going back to older content after a level cap increase.

There are several other threads on this topic. Please keep this post on-topic and focused on tomorrow's update.
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

The bonus is awarded during task completion. You won't get the bonus XP if LoD/Bottles have expired.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Any chance this could get some actual numbers added to it so the community knows how much of a change this is?

I could say 1% is a significant number and be 100% correct.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

So much for transparency what amounts? and this seems like a good place as your here so how about an answer?
    Hiladdar, Axxius and Yinla like this.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

So still useless to use unless you wait till the end of the task , nice :/
  12. Warpeace Augur

This can be taken two ways.

1. The XP nerf has been fully removed and you will xp like in expansions past as the con of mobs reduces the higher you level.

2. We didn't do much of anything and you will continue to see the poor xp we forced you into a few months ago because we told you it was more fun this way.

I will hope for option #1
    Yinla and beryon like this.
  13. Imrahil Augur

Thanks for changing the patch time back to a bit earlier. That way our raids shouldn't be hurt :)
    Hiladdar likes this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

All very good news, except I'm rather meh about the XP potion.
  15. Axxius Augur

HOW significantly? Why the charade?

It was nerfed by 75% when TDS was released. Now tell us how much it was un-nerfed.
  16. Drathus Augur

When my 105 grouped with people level 100 or lower in RoF or VoA, they got almost no experience (I didn't either). Will this exp change fix this problem also? There was only a 6 or 7 level difference, should there really be that much punishment for the lower levels?
  17. Derd Augur

Thanks Holly and the rest of the DBG team, try to not let the yellers and complainers get you down. There are more of us out here that just log in play and enjoy the heck out of Eq :)
    Mayfaire, Atlans and Roshen like this.
  18. Crystilla Augur

I asked about this earlier and was told they're not aware this is still going on - they believe it was already fixed. Make sure to re-test this and confirm, then /bug it again if after tomorrow's patch it's still going on.
  19. Elendieal Journeyman

Overall, looks great, thanks guys.
  20. Caderyn250 Journeyman

+1

I love how the first people to respond to good news do nothing but gripe about it. First they complain because they think Daybreak buying SOE means the end of EQ, then they complain when Daybreak continues to make improvements.

Thanks to the devs for the continued improvements!
    Finkelle, Mayfaire, Atlans and 2 others like this.