Moratorium on FV-bound Transfers and Update Character Transfer/Deletion Process.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Mar 7, 2015.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Yara_AB, guado, Axxius and 3 others like this.
  2. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Bump for the obvious.
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Chop shop server.....I mean FV server transfers need to be temporary taken away till this is sorted out!
    Xeladom, Yinla, silku and 1 other person like this.
  4. shik Elder

plus one
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The new Customer Service policy is perfectly fine for Planetside 2. It is not OK for EverQuest I and EverQuest II when hundreds or thousands of hours have been invested in each character.

I know they want to halt exploiters or fraudsters but we need security before they take on this kind of radical change.
    Melanippe, Rouan, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  6. silku Augur

I agree. I have over a year invested in a single toon. Not a year of having an account, but an actual year of playing time... a year of my life. That's worth more than any server transfer token or kronos to me. Turn off the ability to transfer toons to FV period.
    Daislet, Soltara, Tobin and 1 other person like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bigstomp and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Should apply to all servers, want to change server start fresh.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  9. iniari-TR Augur

first , I personally do not know anyone that has had their account truly hacked and their toons deleted / etc.
    this issue has always been due to a player sharing their info with friends / guild mates.

the reason daybreak is doing this at a guess is its using their own CS people who know absolutely nothing about the game. what the toons actually do , and unable to tell weither a toon and its gear are legit.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. shik Elder

Nah, keep transfers between servers with like rulesets. Not to mention you have servers like Vox and others with low population who have no end game raiding guild. Without proactive server merges you'll lose players that want to raid but not start at 0 on some other server and potentially see the same fate befall that place.
    However, allowing transfers to FV and their unique "ruleset" is just begging for this sort of nefarious exploit.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  11. Ultrazen Augur

I'm not sure why they ever allowed transfers to a special loot rules server in the first place, it's just a bad idea.

No transfers on or off FV, problem solved. Keep transfers between servers that have the same loot rules.
  12. Ravenclaws New Member

Please ban transfers to Firiona Vie
  13. Jezzie Augur

It would suck to have to leave LoN items and SC items on a server you're not happy with.
    If there is an incentive to transfer to FV for the purpose of stripping toons then it shouldn't matter if it's an individual looking to profit from the transaction of said gear or if it's 2 buddies exploiting the service, removing the transfers to the 1 server that allows both options would seem to be the easiest solution.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  14. Sebbina Augur

I tend to think that the problem is not so much some one transferring a character to FV, as a 3rd party hacking an account and seeing high end items that will bring in Cashable value moving the character and stripping the value. Such activity is Cyber crime and when a customer reports that they have been robbed the company has an obligation to investigate, and in a timely manner, also if the investigation appears to confirm this, the authorities should be contacted. If an investment of possibly 100s of $ in expansion purchases, and even more in game Access fees, can be taken illegally with no response by the company to combat the problem, two things will happen. Hackers will feel free to do as they please, and customers will become discouraged - and while folk may continue to play, $ investment will fall as the people lose confidence in safety of their game assets.
  15. guado Augur

I wonder if Smed is aware of this terrible loophole. Maybe just the correct people aren't being notified to rectify any of these issues. That's the impression I'm getting. I mean, if several of my customers were having an issue that I couldn't deal with, I'd let a supervisor know about it, since that hasn't happened yet, we can only assume that if a supervisor or higher up is told, ???????????????

Stop making us assume and acknowledge then proceed to fix issues people are having !!!
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  16. Lisandra Augur

Daybreak IS SOE with just a name change and 140 employees laid off. Columbus Nova doesn't have anything to do with the day to day running of Daybreak. That may change in the future but as of now that is the case. It's all just a cost cutting measure intended to make Daybreak profitable.
  17. Numiko Augur

I bet the head of Sony pictures wishes she had not shared her passwords with her guild mates after her E-mails got plastered all over the web. :rolleyes:
  18. Ruven_BB Augur

If you are not going to support your game, it has to be better programmed to prevent issues from happening.

For instance, I can loot a no drop item I can't use, but CS will not make corrections to mistaken loots. Its a programmed game, I shouldn't be able to loot crap I can't use.

If you are not going to police server transfers, better systems need to be in place, or remove ability. Unfortunately removing server transfers means lost subscriptions since a lot of folks last ditch effort to a new server before completely quitting.

Deciding not to help a customer of 15 years with over 2 years of actual play time in a service related industry doesn't make sense at all.

In the mean time, suspend FV transfers till you have something figured out.

Ruven
  19. Warpeace Augur

This^^^^

Would be amazing if your class / diety is not able to use an item you cant loot it.....so many problems solved right there.

Option two...allow the item to be tradable for 24ish hours after the mob was looted... potential to remove most of the I looted the wrong item problem.

Also make an option to transfer off FV, just because gear is tradable there the real problem is top end raid gear being brought there and sold.

If not I would support a complete stop to server transfers there.
    Ferry-Tunare and Yinla like this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

More quest items that are tradeable and fewer 'loot' steps would be a big help.

There's a reason people turn off their loot confirmation dialogue boxes.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.