So whats your favorite memory?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Unheard, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Unheard New Member

So I am trying to find something to kill the time until we hear anything more on the new server. and I was feeling nostalgic and thinking about classic eq / TLP and I had some really great memories.

so feel free to post something that you look back at and smile.

for me it was back when I first raided the Akheva ruins.... we weren't really sure what we were doing and someone set off the mindworms trap, and then again and again - about 4 times. so there were like 30 worms going around and it was complete chaos. granted it was a wipe, but the excitement of trying to lock them all down and everyone losing their mana while simultaneously losing their always brings a smile to my face.
  2. Frenzic Augur

I have a lot of really good memories from my years playing this game. I'll start with some of the earlier ones and If I get bored later I'll post more :)

I started playing the game when my friend invited me over to his house and I saw him and his brother playing. I hopped on their account and made a baby dark elf necro. My friend showed me how to get out of the city after letting me roam around a bit.

The first thing he did was show me to the "noobie log" where it was safe to experience. I went and I sat next to the log with 5-10 other people right around me so it was pretty neat. My friend told me "only kill black wolves and snakes" so I started killing the level 1 snacks and the little black wolves with ease.

After killing a few I ran up to another wolf and did my thing, well this time things were a bit different... The wolf absolutely wrecked me... I called to my friend and I was like dude wtf? How did I even die? He says oh, you attacked a shadow wolf not a black wolf. Ok? They look the same and what is that higher level thing doing near my noobie log!?

He said "Welcome to Everquest" with a smile.
    Dandy, Xanadas, Unheard and 2 others like this.
  3. Vontod Augur

Killing time while waiting for the new server.... maybe that's why I have these forums open on my phone at all times...

I can't pin point my favorite memory at the moment, but I can remember my first. My uncle, total computer nerd, was always playing online games. I was in middle school at the time, and was of course enthralled that an adult played video games. Whenever I'd visit him, I'd watch him play. At first it was this online airplane fighter game. One time, he was playing a fantasy game. Since I was into Final Fantasy on PS1, I was engrossed.

Anyway, he was a human necro. He was killing this dragon with his guild (Zlandicar), but told me that he was on this dragons faction and would need to zone before it died. He got really involved in killing it, and wasn't paying attention to Zlandicar's heatlh. I remember the dragon getting to around 5% asking him,"uh, didn't you have to zone out before he died?" My uncle freaked out, started hopping to this portal, and had to /exit with the dragon at 2%. He logged back in, told his guild he DC's (everyone had dial up at that point), and used DKP to buy his tailsman.

I went home and ordered the vanilla game.

~Von
    Unheard likes this.
  4. Indigo Augur

I don't think I have a fav moment yet. It will probably be when they announce the date of the new TLP. Hope I'm still alive then.
  5. Xanadas Augur

Lot's of good memories, but I recall back in vanilla/kunark, as a crappy paladin with hardly more than raw hide items, I could kill Signus Boran in butcherblock, but it took so much effort I would have to med and heal for the next 15 minutes, just about enough time for her to respawn. So, I spent several levels doing nothing more than killing Signus Boran over and over. :)
  6. Ultrazen Augur

Splitting King Tormax off of his 2 guards, which supposedly couldn't be done according to the 'new anti split programming' or some such. I had a Bioluminescient Orb on my monk (which was a cast blind with a long range). This was at a time when Tormax could pretty easily 1 or 2 round you, fun stuff.

I and another monk in the guild did all the raid pulling, and pulled off some really nice stuff between the 2 of us feign death flopping and chaining mobs away from their buddies. I still miss the need to really pull and CC well in EQ. It's one reason I'm looking forward to the new progression server. Classes that can pull and CC become really important again.
    Dandy likes this.
  7. Healiez Augur

Trakanon being harm touched before the server could register him spawning...

All you saw was a corpse spawn where trakanon should of been.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Getting my staff of the four. Was the first one of my group of real life friends to complete their epic, back when it was truly epic. I finished it at 4am and had a short nap before going to work. Didn't care that i was tired at all, was on cloud nine telling my friends about it. i definitely walked a little taller at work that day.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  9. Dramatime Augur

Mine is to be when I first started playing when I was like 16 on Tallon Zek.

I made this Iksar shadowknight named Wrayker before PoK and I used to love getting into groups with people killing giants and PVP'ing people off of Paludal caverns with friends.

I used to also really like logging on as a Tank and getting a bunch of /tells for groups.
  10. lancelove Augur

Killing putrid skellys with my ranger in 99! SOLO!
  11. SaderakhBertox Augur

Selling Lego pads, cb belts, and batwings.

Over 100 people standing around the Priest of Discord in Kelethin, watching an enchanter take forever to solo it.

A couple dozen people sitting on a hillside in Kunark waiting for a spot to open up. Casters and priests casting and monks feigning for skill ups.

Killing wyrms and drakes in Skyfire 24/7 waiting for an epic spawn.

The head GM of Tholuxe Paells running around with a BFG and distracting our raid.

Giving a new pair of shoes to a wizard buddy in the 50s who was still wearing the same sandals he fished out when he was level 2.
  12. Kellaer Augur

When I could play Everquest in confidence knowing that if my account was hacked, my character deleted, that customer service would restore my character.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.