Request <Reincornate> ability

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tamaden, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Tamaden Elder

We are mainly bored overachievers in need or <reincarnate> ability that would allow us to toggle between our current character(so we can still raid) and brand new level 1 version of same class, As reincarnated character we would get either crown by our name or name in different color but main reason to do so will open up 1 more ring slot ( we do have 10 fingers you know) and inventory have extra room for 2 rings NP. This will be beneficial in many ways 1st. we will have something to do on down time when we done new x-pack, 2nd old content will come alive again, 3rd new comers will have grouping and or help leveling, 4th 1 more ring slot will allow us to have reward that will never be outdated as in rings not Lore and stats on them being upgraded every x-pack, 5th instead of talking about old days we can actually go and relive them, 6th SOE aka DB can make a bank of off people using Hero Characters ones they reincarnated, 7th some guilds can actually lock there levels to do some old content raiding for fun without moving to other servers, the list can go on forever of positives for doing this.
    Few things to qualify for <reincarnate> TDS, 105, MUST BE MAX AA on your class, if you not done you do not need this. Ones your reincarnated character pass your original, original can be deleted. But all NO TRADE items must be tradable to your reincarnated version at any time.
  2. Vlerg Augur

so... an extra grind to get 1 more ring slot, and more stats inflation?

they could just make AA's cost 100 a piece next expension and achieve similar result?
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  3. Tamaden Elder

They could, but it's about making it fun for us not same zone same camp longer grind.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe fun for you but there are plenty of other people that would not want to go through the level grind again. Something like this end up being required for the extra stats which would make it unpleasant to even more people.
    Rouan, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fenudir like this.
  5. sojuu Augur

Not like this would ever happen but to lock something as powerful as extra slots behind max AA is not a good idea. And you said only available to those with max AA because others wouldnt need it. Well think of it like this some have 4 ring slots so devs now make content tuned for the extra hp/ac fro, those rings. So now those not max AA do need the extra 2 ring slots. And then you may say next oh devs can tune around it. But then people cry its too hard, then the other side cry its too easy and there is once again a segregation. If the bring group gear asclose as they have to raid gear (which I believe it should be more of a gap but separate topic) why would this gap be created?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Mugsie Elder

Making EQ iterative is a BAD idea. Shoot, making it an 'idle enabled' game that people AFK killed with mercs was bad enough.

Some slightly better sink for expendable aa's would be great, but iterative reset bonus would just be painful for most players, either chasing them or falling behind due to them.

I personally don't like the idea, but some games have successfully employed multiple toons/ cross toon bonuses, but its mostly downstream type (if your main is max level your alts get bonus xp till they start to catch up or the like).

You have to cap out power at some point or multi-player encounters become impossible to balance.

Mugs

PS: A better discussion would be basically smart things to ask for (easy, useful but not overpowered) for expendable / unlocker type aa.
  7. Tamaden Elder

Well think of it this way, if you not as hard core year from now or 2 you will reach that cap necessary for unlocking reincarnate and you'll be able to do it also at your own pace, but PEASE do not forget us hard core players max level and AAs with in a month or so and we got nothing. It's not about you or me, it's about higher good of EQ life, more hard core players on, playing, having things to do will ultimately be benefit to all the rest as they will have to group and chat with every single one of you. Unless you like for fast progressing players to finish all and take EQ Brake for rest of the year as they currently do. My self, I done TDS Progression 8 times Hunter 6 times have 6 level 105s and 3 MAX max characters on exp.. and I am FAR from quickest or best.
    And yes DB GMs should NEVER make new content assuming all have done reincarnate and have those extra stats.
  8. Tingain New Member

It's not about you or me, it's about MEEEE
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Hardcore does not mean they want to start leveling from scratch again.
  10. Retty Lorekeeper

11. Tamaden Elder

Sure thing, let's all sit and wait for new x-pack for 9 more month. You guys bunch of lazy players that probably not even done TDS on your mains. No wonder EQ doing so bad on keeping players, GOD forbid DEVs to release anything 5 year olds couldn't pass in year, you all just going to cry a river. GL being lame slow crying babies, looks like I am taking my yearly 9 month EQ brake. BORED!!!!!!!!!
    And I apologize to SOE thinking they are they ones to blame for x-packs like CoTF 2-3 zones/6 month. Back in a days they were doing few x-packs per year, when real players wanted to play.
  12. silku Augur

There was a MUD one time that I used to play, on ISCA. It had this thing called 'remort.' I remember you would play to max level, then do this really, really hard quest that if you failed you had to wait 24 hours to try again. If you succeeded, you'd start over as a new class (related to your primary class) and slowly get back your abilities + a special ability (random.) I remember I played to max, remorted.. got the wrong ability.. did it again.. did it 8 or 9 times till I finally got 'finger of death'. Was a highly efficient nuke that scaled with level. Everyone wanted it, I played to max level 8 times at least to get it.

I'd do the same on EQ if possible. It's not a bad idea. If nothing else give us shrouds that make us level X of our actual class.. so we can go back and play with friends with the class we love anyway.
  13. Necromonious Augur

The idea of reincarnation for a tiny, near-insignificant (cosmetic usually a good idea) perk is not a terrible idea. I think it would be cool to have an option to reincarnate without the ability to use mercs or defiant gear until a certain level as a challenge (with perk such as faster exp/AA gain or something), but where would the resources come to code such a thing. And if not a lot of people were doing it, all you would be doing is simulating a progression server without the population size to make those actually fun.

My only experience was old console rpg's having new game+ option, where u start over with some small bonus for starting over. Def big for your game's re-play value back then
  14. Cakeny Augur

Limit of two rings in probably a holdover from D&D. Reason given back then is magic rings interfere with each other, so could only have one per hand.
  15. TibalMurphy Elder

we could be like kids now adays...10 rings, 14 earings, 2 nose rings, 3 lip rings, nipple rings, tounge bar, jackobs ladder, those spine things...when you think about it we could have over 100 ear/finger slots...no thanks.
  16. Mugsie Elder

They have added back down content, toon neutral content in the past in shrouds and monster missions.

Remember the gnoll illusion from last year? More stuff like that for the partisan style heroes rewards could be an interesting sink. More evolvable / cursed gear. An iterative reset just becomes a matter of who can rush PL their toon back the fastest and would throw off the curve with any non tightly capped benefit.

There are PLENTY of things to go do as of now... and if you have done them and are willing to do them again, start a new fresh toon.

Mugs
  17. Iila Augur

The funniest part is people thinking that ascensions would promote people playing low level areas and savoring old content. And not the mad rushes to PL from 1-105 as quickly as possible as many times as it takes to max out the benefit that were the first thing I thought of.

And lol at the despair most of the population would feel if they heard they'd have to max out a character 3, 5, or 10 times before become real. AA auto grant was added so people wouldn't just give up at the mountain of AAs needed to function in game. To think that tacking on another few trips through the leveling grind wouldn't be much worse is hilarious.

Basically,
    Fenudir likes this.
  18. Necromonious Augur

19. Tamaden Elder

I personally do not want to be equal to most of you lazy scrubs, I loved this game and AAs for that specific reason, that if I get them max(back when it was actually hard and long to max 3k AAs) I will be set apart from most lame players that just want to sit in Guild lobby or Guild halls and troll on general or forums. I want to be better then others, that's the whole freaking reason to play game, if you want to chat go to tweeTARD. I like gaming and I want to be the better then some Joe Blow with daddy's credit card, I DO miss SOE Leaderboards, I DO want to PLAY to get better not just log on and auto-grand and got 0 to 85 in 1 click. I also DO want crying players to stop complaining about inequality THATS IS THE WHOLE REASON FOR GAME to become better. You want game that you can be equal to everyone? Well I don't .....so bite me and enough crying, go kill something in EQ for a change.