New prog server vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

Keying for VP and VT would conspire against this. (Sleeper's would likely be fine though)
  2. Crayon123 Augur

Wait, let me get this straight. You're excited about progressing to PoP in 3 weeks?

Whatever floats your boat I guess... the reason I'm looking for a progression server is for enjoying the content, I guess we just have differing viewpoints, which is fine. I guess that's why the poll exists.
  3. vardune Augur

Lol. Good god i hope the last option doesnt get a single vote. That is the worse idea i have heard yet. Seasonal progression server is a deal breaker for me and my group.
  4. Vaclav Augur

I think it really depends on a bunch of further details how good or bad it would be - sensibly if they're ever going to do the "staggered servers" option that would pair excellently with it for example.

It could be great or terrible depending on further elaboration. (And Seasonal is probably the wrong word for them to use, since I'm 99.9% sure they don't mean three month seasons since that would be unappealing to almost everyone)
  5. Riejckaert New Member

Where is this vote at? I logged into the game and obviously I am logged in here and havent seen the poll
  6. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

I was only able to see it on characters that existed before the poll started. I couldn't see it if I had started a new character to vote with.
  7. Hendar Augur

I wasn't able to vote. I saw the poll, but received some error message.
  8. vardune Augur

Yup. Same issue.
  9. Zansobar Augur

I think if it keeps the elitist guilds occupied so others can play on a second more social server, then I'm all for it.
  10. Hendar Augur

It won't. They will play on both, or move to the other server once they hear of nice juicy raid content that isn't contested. This is human nature, and generally a good thing. But in this case I'm pretty sure it will not segregate the player types.
  11. Darallan Elder

I like number 4 except for the reset, Like let us try and race up to live as fast as we can and then instead of just a hard reset do a server merge / transfer. Then reset / rebuild a new server with the same guidelines. Mainly for people who have devoted a lot of time and energy into their characters and don't want to see a lot of hard work get squashed at the end.
  12. Giappo Augur

Things I liked about the old game, in past TLP's and hope is in the next one.

Extreme competition among guilds.

DPS wars when two or more guilds contending for the same boss or named.

Guilds trying to block other guilds from advancing (especially in PoP).

The drama between competing guilds (not drama inside one's own guild).

Raid calls by text any time of day or night.

The opening of PoP. Trust me, on a TLP, PoP will never be voted down. People want PoK's stones as the nostalgia of running and taking boats has gotten tiresome.

Things I really don't like:

Classic before Kunark. It's just too tedious and no room to xp.

Epic mobs (Talendor and more) being farmed too death by resellers.

The next expac being blocked by non-raiders by voting.

Training. A dps war is fine, but don't train a guild. Trainers are the lowest form of life.

People auctioning in general chat. Isn't there still an auction channel we can use on a TLP?

By the time the server hits GoD and there after, everything of importance is instanced. Also by then I am also tired of the contention between raid bosses. But it sure was fun for a while.
    Ckador likes this.
  13. Daragoth Lorekeeper

If you thought training and KSing were bad on the TLPs before, just turn it into a race with rewards and see how bad it gets.
  14. Giappo Augur

KS'g? No such thing. It's a dps race. But training is juvenile.

But no, I do not care for option #4, the so called Seasonal thing. Just a TLP with no voting would be great in my book. But I could live with a voting server again.
  15. Vaclav Augur

It's a DPS race when it's a voluntary thing both sides agree to - KSing when it's involuntary that one doesn't agree to. Pretty much case by case semantics.
  16. Straps New Member

Best Idea Yet - Have a server bank for progression, were the servers don't progress, the players earn a transfer to the next expansion via achievements or playtime on the server. Its a play at your own pace progression concept where the server elite don't leave the common player in the dust. That said I would have like to have seen more options in the poll. A progression server with FV open loot rules would have been the one I selected if it was an option, instead it was *not interested* for the formats presented here.
  17. Hendar Augur

This is tiered progression, which we have discussed. I think it is the best solution as it eliminates the issue of a server unlocking too fast. It really shouldn't require any more hardware then a single server, but would require more time to setup/maintain. But once the investment is made, I think that Daybreak would be set for a while. New players could hop into progression anytime they wanted to.
  18. Stehlik Augur

Hendar explained why he liked tiered progression again! DRINK!
    Merry likes this.
  19. Hendar Augur

I'll drink to that. Apparently not everyone has heard it.
  20. Frenzic Augur

Cool idea but I believe it would be a lot of work and upkeep for the devs. Expensive to keep all those servers running? We don't know for sure but I think it would be. Then you have the issue of players being separated. Vulak and Fippy were enough to show what even one separation can do to a server IE Vulak population over time. Try doing that 3-4-5 times.