Hero's Forge Crates

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What do these crates do? I understand they combine a whole set of armor into a stackable item... but what is that used for?
  2. Fenudir Augur

Save banks space, I guess. Go from 7 used slots to 1.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Can they be split up again?
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

250 SC for a single use item to manage cosmetics?
  5. Valhert New Member

Surprised, mortals?
    Fenudir and Retty like this.
  6. Nickster86 Elder

I wish that they described this a bit better or just remove it. I bought one from the marketplace thinking that it would let us make up a crate of HF gear and have it sent to our toon. Now I just have a box I get agitated at every time I see it.
  7. Harabakc Augur

But things are described properly people won't blow SC on stuff that they think does things it doesn't and can't get you to waste more with the no refund policy...
  8. Brohg Augur

Yeah I don't get whatever you talked yourself into regarding this item's function. It's not Daybreak's fault when in your head pancakes are for driving nails.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Harabakc Augur

You disagree there's a wad of stuff on the market that's labeled very badly?
  10. Brohg Augur

get specific.
  11. SpamFactory Augur

they also make your hero's forge pieces un-attuned / tradable again.

personally I think they are too expensive
  12. Silv Augur

Congrats everyone on your Arx Mentis Hero's Forge achievements.
  13. Tobin Augur

yes the item is stack-able but only if you have more then one full set of the same armor. No - this item is an expensive way to free up some bank/storage space. BTW I need to save space and I have 15 of these for all the sets I have.

Now if DBG wanted to give us what we really wanted they would have made the item place-able after it has combined an armor set and displays a mannequin with the armor on it. And for the perfect item it would also allow you to chose a playable race for the mannequin.
  14. Fenudir Augur

That'd be cool.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Iila Augur

Can you re-package the HF set after unpacking it?
  16. Fendy Augur

You put a full set of no-trade bound to you HF gear into the crate. Push combine. The crate vanishes and the full set of HF gear is now on your cursor and is tradable again.
  17. Sasrayk Journeyman

So the end result is just a new item that you can click and 'open' again into all 7 pieces?

anyone know if you can just pull out 1 piece if you want and leave the rest combined, or if when you first combine them, does it only work if you are doing the entire armor set?
    - sas
  18. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Question:

Will Ancient Ssra Armor Ornaments remain "Ancient" after I unpack them? I don't want to lose the "Ancient" ALL/ALL tag.
  19. Tobin Augur

No - You get all 7 pieces when you open and the crate is gone because it is on use only.
  20. Orbital101 Augur

If only they could be house placeable as a armor stand then maybe I would bother buying them. Useless at is like the mount key ring when people could have benefit way more of a illusion keyring instead... I dont know anyone that collection mounts but illusion I dont think I know anyone that doesnt have at leest 10 illusions. Go found that logic.