The New Argin-Hiz Ember OMG DS is harsh. Very harsh.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Baramos, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Baramos Augur

I'd read about the AH DS on Ember mobs in AH, but I figured it was on mission mobs and the like.

Was I ever wrong.

I was watching my pet and saw his hp SUDDENLY plummet to near zero and managed to get off my mend. Then I saw the buff on the mob's window. The new eradicate magic AA didn't pull it off btw, devs.

It's a bit of a bag-over-the-head-punch-in-the-face to change this thing so far after the fact, and in light of the xp changes and all. Who would want to go in and deal with that torture if they didn't have to?

Lovely zone. And I understand the whole "Ember" business, but that would have been something to have on day 1 as an omg-watch-out for this.

Over a year later, though? Come on.

I hope you'll reconsider this.

Bara
  2. Brogett Augur

Now think what it's like when you don't have nukes to fall back on.

Horrid horrid DS. It's too strong.
  3. Conjurous_AB Elder

Its even worse when the adds of a named are casting it, especially Master Sage Lowenn adds cus he buffs them with a +500 resist buff often which means most spells won't land and with Cooling Crust (12k dmg shield, 200k absorb) on them as well u can't melee them either.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

AT it, dispell it...
  5. guado Augur

Yeah. Good music in Argin Hiz. That's about it. I feel bad for those of you experiencing the horrific DS. It sounds atrocious :-(

That said, is it completely resistant to dispel or was Eradicate Magic just getting resisted?
  6. sojuu Augur

7. Action-MNK Journeyman

I'm trying to go through Argin Hiz right now and I think this needs to be looked at. 12,000 damage instant cast DS in a non instanced (let alone raid) group mob kills you before you can react and turn off autoattack, even if you're sitting there waiting for it.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

Great idea. Let's nerf exp. in older zones, make the current ones harder. This will please our dwindling population and make them want to get thier friends to join them again.

I really wish they'd just come out and say what/who they want this game to be for. Because right now, there's a lot of mixed signals.
  9. Harabakc Augur

Anyone dumb enough to keep paying at the rate things are going...
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.