Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I really don't want the team to do a thing to the UI however there is one thing that needs to be looked at because it is probably scaring away potential customers. The default setup is horrendous.
    [IMG]

Now imagine a vertical spell bar in there....yikes.
    This is probably a better way to go with the default until the new player knows what is going on.
    [IMG]

Oh, if you are feeling particularly bored at home you can just make this one little change for me. It's from a guy named Wiznut or something like that. Pretty snazzy.
    [IMG]
    Iila likes this.
  2. Saave Augur

What ever the UI change..
    I used to be an author on EQInterface.com
    The thing most folks want is simplicity and clean windows.
    Today, if using Fraps.. I can see my FPS, If I look at the difference between bringing down my General chat window all the way down from the top of the screen to the bottom... You would be very supprised on the loss of FPS you get. What you see uses FPS. Back in the day this caused a lot of issues in the game.. Players made simple Old_Default UI's on the site and they worked great. ( I still use the icons of Allakhazam's spell list from 'Default').
    Players don't want to see the boarders full of Frillies . They want a clean look. Nice icons that you can see. I can not make out the difference in heals as a cleric by icons themselves when loaded in my spell tree. I can not see the icons small with the new look. too much fine graphics for small icons. Cool down timers being a skin over the icon themselves would be cool. Something like in the game Perfect World.
    The windows are getting way to full of visuals to be visual. Chat windows are insane. different windows for different things make up for a lot of my viewing. ( But I am an ex UI author. I do well ) :^)
    Potion belt is insane. EVERYONE must download one from EQInterface because of the size >< !!
    I would love an updated map window. Some games you can play with the map window open.. I can not do that in EQ.
    Must have ...
    6 player group window.. .enough said.
    Pets on players to stay in the extended target window when zoning.
    Thicker bars on the pets HP in the Group/Player/Extended Target Window for Clerics and Players to click / target Pets easier.
    Better Map Window. Include a ' radar ' for 'find players' only in Group window and Raid window. When clicking a name, it would trigger Find Path to that player.

PS. I don't like Anchors in the UI's to stretch the windows ;P
  3. rune00 Augur

Just NO.
    I have viewport set to 100 100 on most chars anyway to keep boxes responsive.
    If you have time to revamp the UI, spend that time on just releasing a what you see is what you get editor for the EQUI xml files instead and you will get a ton of nice new ui's for free... I recently spent weeks building a new window and having to reload the whole ui to see if a change I made looked nice is just terribly time consuming...
    Barton likes this.
  4. SaderakhBertox Augur

My opinion is the opposite. I think it'd be a terrible idea to force people to see their experience gains, or lack of, on the main UI screen.
    Brogett and Yinla like this.
  5. segap Augur

That looks like what happens when you run a UI layout designed for one resolution at another resolution. Maybe they just need to look at what the most common resolution is today and do a quick update to reflect that (would still be ugly for a lot of people). Making a more responsive UI is probably way more effort than it's worth at this point.

I like the one on the left better. I could do without the fancy borders, but the information shown is all that I need in that widget. And as someone with lots of alts that boxes (or maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful), having my character's name shown is actually very helpful information.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  6. Hiladdar Augur

Do for familiars what you did for mounts.

Do for illusion clickies what you did for mounts.

Allow assign buff locations for buffs.

Fix the Barter Buyer Window, specifically the "Buy Lines" to:

a. Filtering on toggled vs non-toggled
    b. Sorting on Item Name column
    c. Sorting on Cnt Column
    d. Sorting on Offering column

Get rid of the welcome window. MOTD worked without any issues.

Get rid of the SC button above the EQ button. It just wastes valuable screen real estate, and can be easily accessed the menu system once a player clicks the EQ button.
  7. Angahran Augur

I'd love to see the barter and trader functions merged, so we could be a 'real' merchant.
    We would have all the items we are selling PLUS a list of items we were willing to buy.
    Obviously if we wanted to buy any items we would need to leave space for them and therefore have less items to sell, also would need to have the PP available to buy the item.

Also, giving us the extra 100 bazaar slots that have been in game for several expansions would be nice.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Caell like this.
  8. Zinth Augur

well guess my list comes here:

1a. I would like an option for the AA window to show which I CAN buy (if I save up enough AAs) next i.e. if I am the right level, have the right pre-reqs etc. then it will list the AAs... the "if I can buy" option now only show those you can afford with your saved up AAs and finding out which AA you want to save up to right now is VERY hard. Picking an expansion doesn't help either since more then 1 expansion can give AAs for a certain level.

1b. Also a button to hide those AAs already maxed out would be nice (someone else listed that too)

2. Put your own health name etc. info in the group window, no reason to have 2 windows for that, slim them down too (same with all other windows, trim off the excess crap)

3. More lines in macro buttons

4. More filters (already listed many times)

5. Key settings should be PER CHAR not GLOBAL

6. Augment tab in inventory window (a list with the icon where you can hover over to see the aug stats or something) make it so you can remove/insert augs directly there and show maybe the main stats like ac hp/mana/end and the rest can be looked up in the hover function

7. remove typing bar on all chat windows except 1, when you pick "always chat here"

8. better buff window (someone linked a nice one) also let you move them around or predetermine where certain buffs should be, checking 20+ buffs to figure out which one is missing is tedious

9. change/better the aura window (the one showing the aura(s) you casted) it's huge for what it does... maybe 2 small icons next to your charname/hp bars which shows your own auras (the other auras goes to song window anyways just like yours) and for gods sake show how long they frigging LAST and dont write "permanent" when they are clearly NOT permanent (or simply just MAKE them permanent, it's stupid to have to recast them all the time when the game is designed to needing them up all the time anyways to perform the best for the player)

10. faction tab, show maybe 20 at a time, scroll down boxes to pick whichever you want to follow, pref showing the standing (indifferently or whatever) and maybe a number +59 in the this case of indifferently) then we know how much sweat we have to pour into it to max out Faction A or how badly we are doing on Faction B

11. task window/mission window/raid window yada yada clean up all these systems into 1 window? maybe with tabs to accomodate all the old "tech" from various expansions

12. Can we get old gear stat window back? pweaaaase?
  9. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Thanks a lot svann!:)
    Obvoiusly, it never occured to me to press and hold the right mousebutton. Only right clicking always got me somewhere else - for instance the AA-window.
  10. Shallizar Lorekeeper

-Ready/AFK check popup for the raid interface.
    The raid leader should be able to initiate a Ready Check from the raid interface that makes a box pop up on everyone in the raid's screen that has two options, Ready and Not Ready. Once people choose an option it should be displayed in the raid interface. If someone does not select either option within 25 seconds it should list their status as AFK
    Ferry-Tunare and adetia like this.
  11. EQJunkie76 Journeyman

Here's the thing...Every company out there has to do X things with Y resources, and generally there's a shortage of resources everywhere, so this isn't an accepted excuse in 2015. I wish I could be nicer, but to be honest, the majority of your responses on the forums tend to be very "curt" and come across as cold, so...
    Soltara and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  12. Kyoya Geohound New Member

The UI updates that I would like to see are:
    1. The group window to include an option to include myself in the group window.
    2. Numbered buff slots.
    3. A target window with the HoTT UI built in it.
    4. An option to have the spell names displayed near the spell gems on the spell bar.
    5. A player window that displays more stats and even a display for the powersource.
    6. HoT bars with a way to set it to be either vertical or horizontal per HoT bar.
    7. An option to automatically share with Facebook and Twitter.
  13. Blacksun Elder

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but auto-hide windows.

Auto hide my guild chat window unless there's activity, the transition it into view (e.g., fade, scroll, swipe, whatever). That way I could set up a window right in the middle with a specific channel (e.g., heal channel), so when it's my turn to CH, and the previous cleric casts and then sends a message to the heal channel, my window pops up like an alert/notification window. Could also have filters for activating/un-hiding windows, so that only certain text (e.g., player's name) will activate/un-hide window.
  14. Grabatz Lorekeeper

• In the context menu for changing the appearance of a hotbutton, give us a way to choose a text color when using 'Assign Label'.
    • More & better Chat filters. Give us a way to distinguish between some of the things that currently fall under 'Other'.
    • Add an indicator in the characters health window, which tells us if the character ist standing, sitting, using a mount, feigning death (including NPC spells that make you fall to the ground) or swimming. (For those like me, who are playing mostly in first person view.)
    • Socials/macros with more than 5 lines would be fantastic. It does not need to be many more than 5 lines, 8 to 10 in total (meaning 3 to 5 additional lines) would already be a great improvement.
    • Make the 'Show My Helm' display option work on the character select screen too.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

UI and UI-related changes that I want to see: a revamped Item display window which is a constant size or at least that can be completely customized by the player as opposed to the existing unmodifiable monstrosity we currently have (it could be tabbed if need be); flesh out and fix all of the chat window filters (not to be confused with the ones found on a tab in the Options Window, they are completely different things); and just add more ways for players to modify the windows (you don't need to actually revamp the actual UI itself but give us ways so that we can do it ourselves).

That would actually be more of something that they would need to add to the raid window; seeing as how raids in no way require that everyone be from the same guild or even in a guild. The ability for the raid leader to lock raidsay to specific raid members (like raid leader, group leaders, Puller, Main Tank, Main Assist, Main Looter, etc.) or a specific list of people regardless of who is in the raid (this could include a guilds officers and the like). would be nice; but that would be something that would belong in the Raid window not the guild one.

Absor, you don't have to redo the whole UI(or even most of it), just do it in pieces over a few years, or like I say above add more and more ways for we players to modify them and let us know how.
  16. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Toggle to display an item's unaugged stats.
  17. Coardan Elder

I still want tabbed chats. There is a tutorial on eq interface about making tabbed UIs from 2 years ago. Curious if it is possible to get chat windows into them.

I only just started looking at UI dev in eq, it is little confusing, doing simple things like moving xp gaugesto the player window so I can see it all the time etc.

I don't know if it works or needs updating but is this sort of the UI piece you were looking for? http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3912
  18. Buggs New Member

An /UnFollow command. Opposite of /follow
  19. Iila Augur

Tap backwards to stop autofollow.
  20. Buggs New Member

Try Breaking follow wit a macro =)