Mage augs ?? which is better ?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dragonsfyre, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Riou EQResource

For raids pretty much and the group game is getting to be that way too unfortunately, but I think that is just the Devs not realizing and boosting strikethrough values far greater then the hAgi (and hDex for non casters + even your non heroic gains) gains you get per expansion, making you lose more and more, they only barely fixed it since like t2 CotF and on
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  2. Vlerg Augur

getting +1000 or 2000 mana through augs will allow you to cast one, MAYBE two, more nuke ... it's extremly small in group content and completly irrelevant in raid content ( as you'll have mod rod, bard song, paragon and other stuff going on) Speaking for mages... as a wizard I don't remember the last time I ran out of mana without dying multiple time / ignoring harvest cause of a small burn fight (vitio)/unlucky proc in ToR .

However, SD and + mana usually go together. so it's pointless to argue wich one is the best.

Hagi might be the only stats without severly diminished return (Hdex/AC) or hardly noticeable ( SD) or mostly useless ( Hint), but then again, if the tank die and you end up tanking a raid boss... Hagi or Hsta won't save you. for adds and stuff you have runes.
  3. Vivamort Augur

If it is true that no stat, including heroics makes a noticeable difference, then I guess we are back to selecting for AC for those that expect to be taking melee damage and HPs for everyone else.
  4. Fleiss Journeyman

This is incorrect. It stacks. Just like haste, you get one worn and one spell. It aslo stacks with shawl aug procs. All three effect the spell without any loss.
    Mintalie and Sancus like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

I stand corrected. I'd misapplied the conflict between Void & Path of Fire. Cool that the worn item actually works :)
  6. Barper Lorekeeper

Crit rate doesn't -really- matter either. If you get your crit rate to 99% versus 100%, casting your two dozen or so spells during twincasts, it would only make a difference once out of every what 4-5 burns statistically speaking, on one spell. Does this really make a difference in whether your guild can hit 7 targets in a night or 6? One spell subtracted being twincast per night subtracted off of your overall combined parse is exactly what percent? :)

Fully spell dmg aug'd is like 196 with the Tears of Alaris?

You know what's better than $1? $1.05.

Everyone feel free to continue to try to improve your character how you see fit. Or not, it's just a game.

I choose spell damage because more damage is better than less damage, and if I'm doing my job I'm doing as much damage as I can without being on the HoTT.
    Brohg, Voragath, Drayze and 1 other person like this.
  7. Silv Augur

I know it was supposed to be fixed. Where was it determined that it was "barely" fixed though? I haven't seen those parses yet. If it's still true then maybe I'll have to rethink my hAgi aug route!
  8. Riou EQResource

about 3/4 down: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-am-i-looking-for-in-an-aug.217493/page-2

Test dummies of course show real gains because they have 0 strikethrough and 0 heroic strikethrough

But vs real mobs even trash mobs it seems it barely works (keep in mind hDex is 2x stronger then hAgi)

Most parses of that are vs test dummies which can only show the max benefit, I think that's the first decent length one vs real actual content
  9. Silv Augur

Thanks!
  10. Mintalie Augur

To the OP, not sure how this thread got so derailed by people who don't bother to maximize their character :rolleyes: but I think the general consensus amongst high-end raiding mages is to go for Spell Damage.

As for the notion that mages don't need mana, that is grossly misinformed and just plain bad advice. If you're doing it right, you will run out of mana, in both the group and raid game. It might not happen a lot, but still. Mana matters. But Spell Damage matters more.
    Voragath and Drayze like this.
  11. Vlerg Augur

but AC is irrelevant aswell... and adding 1000 or 2000 more HP when you have 140k ( raid buffed ) + atleast 150khp worth of rune is also, pretty much, irrelevant.

The main idea ( or atleast my goal) is to understand that spell damage is actually a super small fraction of your damage, + mana will hardly do anything for your mana problems, AC won't do much for your survival...

Proper use of personal cooldown / chanter cooldown / druid / bard / rangers in the raid will make your DPS skyrocket. hitting those button 0,1 sec faster represent significantly more damage than 200 spell damage. Just one bard singing AoE mana song for a third of the fight will regen more mana than all the +mana/+Hint aug in the game. Your runes, even if RK1, means more to your survivability than a thousand point of AC...

Basicly, if you are sucking, it's likely not because of gear... but if the guy next to you did 0,5% more damage, than yeah it's probably due to gear... or he got 2 more crit...
  12. Potawatomi Augur

Straight heroic Charisma is the only way to go...
    Barper, Whitecloudx and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  13. Barper Lorekeeper

Ok, I'm one of the failmages that's not gotten an evocation aug. Which mission is the Zombie HA you speak of?? I've been flipping "Seeking Refuge" I believe, the one where you Hail, Hail, Kill Muds/Trees/Stumps, Hail (Named Spawn). Can flip it in about 10-15 minutes depends how stupidly I'm pulling, no named, reget. Is there a quicker way to get named in EWK HA Solo that I'm missing!!? :) Already going nuts with about 50 of these run and only a handful of nameds.
  14. Necromonious Augur

I got mine from "A Helping Hand" in ethermere, EQ site said the named bandit dropped one. Super rare, it took me ~50 runs, but I've heard horror stories of guildmates who repeated HA's hundreds of times for the evo aug. I've seen them sell for 500k all the way to 2mil on my server