Did You Miss Our February EQ Stream?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

If you missed this Q&A stream with the EverQuest team, we have you covered! Watch the replay now.

In addition, our friends at EQ Resource have written up a summary of the highlights from this stream on their site here.

The team is excited about what we have coming up in EverQuest. As always, we’re grateful for all of our players’ support!
  2. Brohg Augur

Titles & links to contact info please?
    [IMG]
  3. Potawatomi Augur

1 prathun
    2 windstalker
    3 roshen
    4 jen chan
    5 Kevin Lighty (sp?)
    6 aristo
    Jeanmirac likes this.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

Names and titles are in the about section of the YouTube video (in the order that you have the above pictured numbered).
  5. Axxius Augur

1 = Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker, Lead Designer of EverQuest (PrathunEQ).
    2 = Holly "Windstalker" Longdale, Executive Producer, EQ & EQ2 (Windstalker).
    3 = Ryan "Roshen" Scheller, EverQuest Community Manager (Roshen).
    4 = Jennifer Chan, Technical Director and Lead Programmer of EverQuest (JChan).
    5 = Kevin Lydy, Lead Artist, EQ.
    6 = Ed "Aristo" Hardin, Senior Game Designer, EQ (Aristo).
    Yinla, Melanippe, Riou and 1 other person like this.
  6. Brohg Augur

oop, I'll just edit: Thank you, Axxius! That's a very helpful aggregation of relevant information
  7. Ribeye Journeyman

I enjoyed the video and was pleased to see some of the faces / brains behind Everquest, thank you all !
  8. asgaard Augur

Thank you all for the video and for addressing some of our questions and concerns. I appreciate that very much.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Why are there like 30 Devs for Landmark and EverQuest Next in their Q&A? I thought like 50 people played Landmark…:p

Geroblue and Lisandra like this.
  10. Darzag Elder

At about 3 or 4 minutes into this when we were given the gobblety answer about giving the XP back, I shut it down. It is obvious that they have no intention of making the game more playable to the casual player. That and the XP nerf seems to not be up for discussion. They have decided you must go into the end zone whether you can solo it or not. The zones that you may be able to play in no longer give any valuable XP...AND this won't change. So you better make friends that you can group with or join a raiding guild. No other options. That being said, there are some classes that do okay in TT or BI. Druid (my main) is not one of them. May be you will consider making my DOTs and DDs more powerful. No? I thought not. The only way I can do that is with about a thousand more AAs. Which will take playing in TT and BI to get.. Catch 22. It may be time for a hiatus. The missing word is not a cuss word or ( I think) objectionable.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Definitely chatted with a druid for a while as he moloed - tank merc & him - Brother's Island back before the nerf making two thirds of the stuff not summon. I can't imagine the options have constricted since then. Also, yeah, make some friends. Doesn't take a raiding guild to make things happen :)

The word bleeped by the forums is blocked for being a racial slur against southeast Asians. Not your intent, obviously, but forums can't track that.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  12. YareDevsKillingEQ New Member

This is kinda sad the only people responding in favor of these changes are the devs??? Its beyond the Xp anymore its about how they want us to play this game. I have been playing since eq started. I know a lot of other people have played this game as long as well. So my point is not to speak for the veteran community but as a player who has seen Eq get worse and worse each year. I do agree there was hope when rain of fear came out and a lot of players were happy but next expansion they nerf HAs after this same dev team told us they wanted us to do them then they lock timers for new expansion then nerf regular xp in the new expansion as well. Its like they want us to quit so they can close eq.

I swear its weird and that guy Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker ,whats his deal. he basically said you are gonna play the way I want you to or no xp? I am sorry every game out there I know of ....all of them you play way you want. I bought life time sub for dcuo and you know what I only have one high level and hes not even maxed. No nerfs there. I play at my leisure and do as I please. I am telling you this dev team wants to PO every player in eq so they quit and they can shut the game down. they wanna hide as many comments as possible as well. I have talked to a lot of eq people and they say their posts are being banned .

Seems like this dev team wants to go back to the 1940s or something like Europe and facism. If this was any other game I would not care but to tell you truth I have been playing games a long time and I have never seen this in any other online game ever and I mean EVER. Where do you get off telling people in their 30s and 40s to play your way and that's it. We pay you .......read that again We pay you......I have never gone free account because I always liked my regular accounts. Now I know what will come if you have the courage to leave my comment some dev will hide under some other account name and respond that he is vet and he has no problem with all this(old lie to make it seem most don't agree with me but we know the truth ) When you have almost all of eq telling you to fix something like xp and you say nah no way.

It tells me something this game is on its last leg and your the team that kills it. You know this game was a game I met my wife playing and a lot of my good friends, in game and out of game. Half of them quit and its not CONTENT its YOU. You put an expansion out there and people love it then you destroy it with the next two expansions not because the expansions are bad per say but because you keep trying to change how people want to play. We are people. We are your customers. We are like motel six we make it so the lights stay on. Well I hate to say it but if you keep people like Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker saying you play his way or else... the eq community will turn the lights off.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

Tin foil, man. Prozac. Something.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Atlans Lorekeeper

1 - Kevin Lydy and team should get bonuses for how gorgeous TDS is!!!
    2 - Ed Hardin - please please upgrade the conjuration Iron Bolt line for magicians. Mages have always been split between conjuration and evocation and the balance is out of whack

Great job on the EQ Stream. I was very depressed over the state of the game but this made me hopeful.
  15. Fae Tree Hugger New Member

Long Winded but needs to be said:
    1) I agree with YareDevsKillingEQ the team Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker and others seem more interested in how they want us to play than how we enjoy playing. For those of that pay subscriptions they might start explaining with their wallet exactly the reality of how that works.
    2) LandMark and EQNext have significantly more members on their team with fewer losses and they are not afraid to say they are going forward unlike Holly's frequently repeated, "What is the right thing to do!" Is shutting down new expansions a right thing or new ones every several years? all of their comments are much vaguer than the LandMark and EQNext.
    3) Models from maybe some other games.... If I wanted to play WoW or mindcraft I would be playing them, but I am not.
    4) "Do what we can with the data we have available." "Evaluating process" Yes, the company was bought by an invest firm. Enough said!
    6) Exp. "bonus effects don't work very well when moved to the end" ....."but".... No Buts if people pay for exp. bonus potions or use loyalty rewards for playing the game for years! They should get the full bonus. Furthermore, Exp. Potions enable additional income generation! Nerfing these potions just encourages people to save their money and not purchase the potions!
    7) There was a very odd pause on raids: "Some plans for new raids we don't when they'll happen." "on their radar."
    8) "Don't have to show up on a weekly basis" There are people that play daily and raiding guilds that want to raid at least 4 days a week or more! Yes the piece meal additions to content were annoying but that one comment is interesting because it shows a lack of understanding about a significant number of players. There are players that play once a week, some play infrequently, some have to take long breaks for out of town work (military members come to mind), players who play daily, and players that only show up 3,4, or 5 nights a week to RAID. Subscription players of all play styles should be considered when making choices because no matter how often they play they pay exact same about per month.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  16. Superwisard New Member

I own multiple accounts, my friends own multiple accounts, and they stopped playing EQ with the release of The Darkened Sea. I refuse to purchase the last expansion for any of my accounts due to the punitive nature of the release. Often times when you lose one person, you lose multiple accounts, subscriptions and expansion sales.

Watch the video and see the two individuals who ruined EQ. See them in denial and see who will continue to take it down if they are not reined in. The people that should have been in the front row are in the back row. There are tough decisions for the new leader to make. Get those two in the front row to drop some ego and listen to the paying customers or replace them with someone who will. Otherwise, your legacy will be the demise of EQ... but maybe that's what you're being paid to do.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  17. Tyraxor Augur

Yes yes, all nice and friendly looking people.
    5 years ago i might have cared about that, now all that matters are results.
    You ain't impressing nobody anymore with "what you guys want", most players lost their patience and you should be all over what the playerbase wants. I swear, the Eq1 these days has reached Twilight Zone levels.
  18. Abazzagorath Augur

I don't think it does much good to crap on everyone's work. But I have to agree, Prathun and Aristo are some of the biggest reasons for the decline in this game over the last 5 years. I've been saying for years, back on the old forums, that the problem with the direction the developers are taking is that they seem to think they are making a new game and we are just one big beta test.

They give us the minimal content they can get away with, then spend the rest of their time trying to find ways to "fix" what already works to conform to what they feel is an "ideal" game, while ignoring the demographic of an aging game as they alter some fundamental aspect of the game that has been around for 10 years or more.

Churn out more content, fix glaring BUGS, if there is a balance issue that makes the game unplayable then do something about it, otherwise stop nerfing things.

People joke about Absor raids being buggy, but you know what? He has shown he can churn them out, and eventually fix them. That's what should be happening in general. Churn out content, have a real beta period, fix as much as possible, then fix the rest after its released if you have to.

Quit trying to make "new Coke" so you can plop some line on your resume about your "innovation". Give us what we want and take our money. Ask Square Enix how it worked trying to force change and innovation at the expense of the game mechanics that made their games popular in the first place.
    Garshok and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  19. Vladi56855 New Member

All of you on EverQuest Team, do you NOT SEE that 99% or comments are not happy. Sound to me that you guys are not doing as amazing job as you think. And totally not hearing the players. Stop Nerfs and stop listening to fake players that come to SOE Life, 90% of them can't play any good, real players prefer to stay behind and actually play the game. For every angry reply you get, there's 100 that didn't want to bother posting that same message. I am not even going to post what I am not happy with (read above posts). I play EQ for straight up memories and hopes of it come back. I ask for ONE THING if you release something, DO NOT ever nerf it. if you can not do so, don't release anything!!! If you are incompetent to do you job right the first time, hire someone that IS.

Thank you.
    Ferry-Tunare and Geroblue like this.
  20. NireVZ Elder

what about the zek server? would really like some input on this..