Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Am I the only person in the game that does NOT want tabbed chat windows? =\ I have what I want to see showing, and what I don't, not. Although a few of the things requested here are already possible.

• You can turn off pet names and merc names, without losing npc names. It's in the options window.
    • You can also change your hotkey buttons to display whatever you want them to display - right click and hold so the popup menu comes up, then go to 'Assign Icon'. It'll open a window with all spell effect graphics on it. There's a dropdown menu there, that will also allow you to change it to the icon of an item instead. Any item. Mine right now are the walls from the marketplace. Uniform but colorful.
    • I have a bank with all bags open, that doesn't take up my entire screen. It's part of AYA. I know there's others - tabs are something I would like to have for other windows and such, not my bank or my chat.

My wish list:

Aug window. Yes please. I'd prefer it have the details of the aug on it, including what slots it can go in, to make rearranging easier. But honestly, at this point, I'd take just a list of augs with the slot they're currently in so I don't have to click my way thru my inventory to find the one I want to replace.

Chat filters. Several new ones are needed. The ones I can think of right off-hand are:

• separate pet death from NPC death. I want to see when the mob dies. I do not care when the 5000 bard-beast-mage-necro-shaman-ranger-druid-monk pets die.
    • 'other' needs to be split into several different ones. Raid emotes going to the same place as "You can't possibly eat anymore or you would explode!" messages is just silly. There is just entirely too many things in that filter.
    • reflect messages. Right now, depending on the raid, these messages either go under 'resisted spells' or 'skills'. I have no idea why they'd go under skills, but they do. And it's annoying. I WANT to see when I hide/sneak. I do NOT want to see the mob reflecting the procs of every melee in the area.

Functional tabs. As I mentioned earlier, I use AYA. It has some small tabs that I enjoy, and would love to see on the default UI. One of these is the tabbed feature of a mini-inventory in my pet window. I have no pet, so once I kill my familiar, I have no more use for that window, except that it displays a full inventory without taking up a ton of real estate. I'd love to see similarly functional tabs on the default. Stuff that we don't use all the time, but HAVE a use for on smallish tabbed windows to allow us to choose which we're going to see.

Buff slot assignment. I really don't care if it's drag and drop, or actual slot assignment. And to be frank, I don't even care if it ACTUALLY moves the buff, as long as it gives the appearance on my screen as being in the order I want them in, that's all I really care about.

That's all I can think of for the moment. I know there's others, but I'm drawing a blank. Maybe because I'm still half asleep. I agree with the poster above - a way for those of us that know nothing about coding to be able to customize the UI would be nice. I haven't found a custom UI yet that is *precisely* what I want. Even my beloved AYA needs some things rearranged to make me completely happy.
  2. Zyrek New Member

Currently the wider the screen, the less you can see the y-axis, the game crops the viewport vertically. For anyone playing on a widescreen monitor I think it would be a massive improvement if you could instead add visibility on the x-axis. Presently I feel compelled to play with blackbars on the sides to keep everything in view. This has already been done to old versions of the client so I'm confident that this should be a relatively easy change.
    DebonAir likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Add additional lines for socials, currently 5 lines is often just not enough can we get it to 10 lines

2-3 additional Bandolier slots – should be room for all combat skills

Key bindings set to characters and not global

Mercenary key ring for merc gear so it’s not taking up bag space

Tabbed chat windows, I like the Idea but also reasons to have more than one chat window up at a time
    Rhaage likes this.
  4. guado Augur

They clearly have a lot of work to do. I'm not a fan of 90% of these suggestions...

When they say UI stuff, they mean like clicking stuff from your inventory and Auto Combine for trade skills. If you need your UI less clunky, RESIZE YOUR STUFF. To the dude with the mage above, your merc window doesn't need to be that big, nor your extended target window. Just use your intuition people, it's not that hard!
    Narye and noclue like this.
  5. Taiqwon Augur

THIS THIS THIS THIS. Raid emotes and loot messages I'd like to see but are in a bucket with a TON of other noise. Having those 2 split out would make me happy! :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Rhaage Augur

Buff Order management
    Tribute management
    ... not sure if Merc buffs are visible like pet buffs...
    increase social lines
    allow /timer command to work with /pause and /etc on same line
    autosnap type alignment with square corners and not the angles and etc
    arrange and clean the "new character" UI so it actually works. Much like the 1st update to the UI that transitioned to the transparent version. Only what is essential and it MUST start set in a layout that makes it look organized (stacked together and filling to the sides, aligned to grid, etc)
  7. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Get rid of the GD voice bar and SC button. There is no need for them to be constantly present.

BUG: Clicking on the extended target window when the mob I am trying to target dies and I click the empty window should not add myself as the target. Constantly nuking myself because of this during raids.
  8. noclue Elder

Agree, the default UI is very customizable, however tweaking it isn't that "intuitive friendly"
    I mean there is no in game or out of game list of how or what can be changed, commands etc to do it.

example: For years I've wished I could change the default AA hot button to a color. Last summer I was reading an unrelated post in this forum and discovered how to do just that.
    example: "Other" filter.... no where is it stated what exactly "Other" is. Not that I ever saw.
    I know generally what it is from years of use and being told.

So to me, the default UI would be perfect if it didn't rely on players "intuition" to figure it all out.
    Tell me how to do it, that's a lot less frustration for the "intuition challenged" :)
  9. guado Augur

In the meantime,

Well, now that you mention it, I guess there's a chance that a chunk of people have "Allow Context Menus" disabled in Options (Alt - O) which totally prevents any of the customization.

Just right click the top of the UI window and play around with it. Make stuff more or less opaque, change background color of your windows, and when you have something where you like it? Lock It Up~

The "Arrange" is pretty useless (IMO) but Alpha changes the see-thru-ness (new word) for the window the whole time, and when it's faded (inactive)

Background --> Tint Color can change the feel of your UI alone.
  10. Vanrau Augur

I see folks against tabbed chat windows. For those who aren't aware of the games with tabbed chat windows, you can separate the windows into full sized windows by themselves like we currently have in EQ.
  11. Savager Augur

I hit the like button for this but I need to be able to hit it about 2 million times more please
    Nniki, adetia and Aldren like this.
  12. Laryn New Member

I can not agree more with the "Other" filter. There is so much information clumped in that specific filter that it is a toss up of hiding the window this information goes into just so I don't miss more important information or keeping it visible so I don't miss certain things.

I would love to have an "Other" filter for:
    Other: Raid messages/NPC important messages
    Other: Guide/GM messages. (I personally have missed quite a few guide events because I have other in a non-vis chat box).
    Other: Food/Drink/random messages

I would also like to see the socials expanded a bit with at least 5 more lines added.
    Customized UI options where I don't have to use a 3rd source party to get better UI functions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and DebonAir like this.
  13. segap Augur

You can already do this if you do not put spaces after the commas. Not exactly intuitive or easy to read, but works.

Example: /timer 50,/pause 15,/cast 1
    Rhaage likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought of a UI issue that needs fixing. When you use the FIND button in a zone like PoK that has a lot of items you cant' click on the items at the bottom of the list because when you try to scroll down to them it bounces back up before you can click on an entry. If you are really fast you can scroll down, click on the entry before it bounces back up but that's not ideal. Hopefully an easy fix is possible.
    DebonAir, Nniki and Caell like this.
  15. Belkar_OotS Augur

More chat filters, especially raid emotes...... but also filters for the "you're not ready to cast yet," kind of error messages. I want to specify where those go.

Also, a resizable and miniature maps would be awesome.
    Sita, Nniki and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's totally superfluous and doesn't impact gameplay in any way, shape or form.....but I want it :)
  17. Zaknaffein Augur

Not sure if this falls under the category of UI but one thing I would like to see added is more options for the Bandolier.

Add in Power Sources and Belts. You could keep expanding on this for other slots, or just have armor sets I suppose, but we aren't at that stage yet really in EQ.
  18. Restac Journeyman

It would be handy if, in the achievement window, when you mouse over missions your missing it would pop up a window saying who the mission is obtained from. Would save me having to alt tab and google the quest, then tab back to go run and find the guy, if the achievement window would just tell us who it came from.
  19. Aldryn Another New Member

Thought of you the whole time, buddy!

Another random thought that came to mind concerning the Guild Management window: add an entry to the "Access" tab for speaking in /raidsay.
    Warpeace likes this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Well I'll be. I must have missed this in the patch notes when it was implemented. Win FTW
    Winnowyl likes this.