Issue with raids not giving achievements, currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanrau, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Vanrau Augur

Since my guild has started raiding RoF it seems we have ran into this issue over and over again with random people in our raids. They don't get the achievement or the currency even though they are in the raid and expedition. This only happens with the first time we have beaten the event with normally 54 in the expedition. Some are in the zone when the event is won and some are dead waiting for a rez.

We normally could just petition and have that person get their achievement and currency, however now customer support is telling us they no longer support this particular issue and they tell us just to do the raid over again. And yes we've had our raid leader petition too and got the same response.

Can we have a developer please take a look at this issue and figure out what is causing this?
  2. guado Augur

That's absolutely disgusting. What I take away from this: "oh you encountered a long standing bug, so instead of do our job and refund the currency and achievements, tell your guild mates tough kapoodles!"

AYFKM?

I've had positive experiences with CS in the past. Ever since the change to Daybreak, I luckily haven't had an issue that required a petition. I apologize that you and your guild have to go through something so ridiculous.
    Elricvonclief, Xeladom and Uxtalzon like this.
  3. Zujilli Elder

That sounds awful. :/ I wonder if you send a PM to Windstalker if she could persuade CS to get this done (not that you should have to, but perhaps it would help)?
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I have seen this issue many times with rof raids and cotf raids. Also got the same response, of sorry nothing we can do, do the raid over again.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

Hard to put into words that follow forum rules, except it's purely unacceptable. If that had happened to me, I would've considered sending my money to another game.

All hands on deck if a raid wipes and fails but gets the chest and reward, OMG BETTER FIX HNNGGHHH! If the opposite happens? Tough ****.
  6. Lemon New Member

I have sent 2 petitions within the last week for this and both have been turned down and said we do not refund currency. Both times I died and waiting to get rez but the currency is too quick as the event finishes and puts it on your cursor. I tried to do the normal tricks of going to the chest and hoping it would show up but didn't. Do I yell at my healers in the group to not screw up and keep me alive?

Sorry to say but that is UNACCEPTABLE. if the game mechanics cannot work like their suppose to then be prepared to offer some customer service for the player base.

I am still shocked that there has been no mention or even some remorse over the DDOS attacks last week of offering something since the game was pretty much down and unavailable for a good portion of the day.

I guess this is what we are going to have to expect from the new management that does not care about player base nor its people who pay to play this game.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

You guys should take a screen shot of the petition and load it up on here so we can see it, the dev that responds if they do will ask to see this or get your ticket #, easiest to just post it up here.

I think that's completely ridiculous, their game has an error and they tell you to do the raid again..Yet I bet they won't take the lockout off.
  8. Sebbina Augur

I had thought that there was supposed to be a fix for dead folk at end of raids already.
  9. Kapone New Member

GM Dunbar told me he cant fix the currency not given for a raid in powar simply saying they aren't doing that anymore.. I just replied that I'm sad that EQ is turning into this and wished him luck.

ALTHOUGH others on raid were refunded their currency, so i'm guessing it is from daybreaks lay offs and they aren't staffed.. either way, kinda sucks.
  10. EQbud Augur

I've seen this before too. It seems to happen when someone died and is in the process of zoning at the moment the event is beaten.
  11. SaderakhBertox Augur

Yeah, doesn't seem right. We had this happen in December right before break. The entire raid missed out. The guild leader was given a reference number with instructions for every member to submit their own petition. Some people had gone on extended break til mid late january, not properly informed on what to do, thinking the single petition from the guild leader would suffice, and still got their coin, though by that point, it did take a bit longer from submission to completion.

The only possible reason would be the tedious nature of a single GM having to deposit raid coin on 54 characters, in the first open slot of the first bag that can hold them, one at a time... I bet its some weird, antiquated system too (logging in, documenting everything, replying to petitions, might take awhile) because when I logged in, I got a message for every veteran reward I've earned up to that point. I felt a lil dirty haha ;)
  12. Absor Developer

Please post what raids and what achievements you have had issues with. Details make it much easier to look into the issue.

A
    guado, Zujilli and Yinla like this.
  13. Silentchaos Augur

Well the -REAL- issue is CS refusing to reimburse earned-yet-not-rewarded raid currency and achievements. Since apparently this is their -POLICY- now, all of them.
  14. Vanrau Augur

RoF - An End to Fear. This raid particularly didn't give an achievement and currency out to one person (Starzilla) the night of Feb 15, 2015 on Xegony, guild Alliance of Hope. We won the event at 10:30 PM CST. Starzilla was alive when we won the event but never got the achievement/currency. This wasn't the first time we had won this event either which is unusual because this normally happens when a full raid of 54 first beats an event and we all get the achievement spam. Normally one or two people don't get the achievement/currency.

I double checked who was in attendance for our first win on this event compared to the win on Feb 15 and Starzilla was not there for the first win. This particular win was an ugly one, lots of people died compared to the first so maybe that had something to do with it, I don't know.
  15. Zarzac Augur

Plane of war has not given currency for us twice. I can not think of anything special that may have caused that on either win.

People have also said that on several arx raids they have missed out on currency if dead when event win happened.
  16. SaderakhBertox Augur

I've only ever experienced it once on the plane of war raid. Tuesday, December 16, 2014, chest opened at 9:04PM Pacific. At that time, CS handled the bulk of the petitions within hours, and even took care of the straggler or two in mid-late January.
  17. Absor Developer

I understand that, but that's not a thing that I, personally, can do much about. I CAN, however, probably fix the actual problem so you may not need CS help. I would much prefer to fix the problem when we can.

A
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and Sheex like this.
  18. Absor Developer

That is very odd. The mechanism we use (or, should be using) shouldn't skip anyone. It's a script function that sets a bit on everyone there and even seeks out those that aren't there. I was expecting it to be someone not in the zone or hovering that had the problem, though even those folks should get the achievement/bit. I'll look at that particular event and see what I can see.

Thanks.

A
    Elricvonclief and Yinla like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Same topic...Is there a way to prevent not getting the lockout/credit/currency when zoning at the time of win? Lost currency once or twice when zoning after hover timer ended on a messy win. Ironically enough had it happen on HoF3
  20. Absor Developer

Thanks for the info. This really seems strange... but maybe there is something about the way we're giving currency. I'll try to look at this today, but we are in design lock, so even if I find it, don't expect a fix with the update. IF I do figure it out and it can be updated live, I'll try to do that.

Hang in there and I'll let you know.

A
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and Crystilla like this.