Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Will there be plans to get input from the majority of EQ players who never visit the forums? Many of us do visit the forums but we all have our own agendas and the majority of EQ players don't get heard from.
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. Will the RoF exp nerf be reversed?
    2. What devs are now on the EQ team and what areas of the game are they each responsible for?
    3. Will the final portal in Shards Landing ever go anywhere?
    4. Will there be NEW missions/quests/raids on or around 16th March for the anniversary of EQ?
    5. Will we ever be able to go to Gnome Mountain? Curious to find out if it is made of gnomes or made for gnomes.
    6. Clockworks Heros Forge, will it ever go live?
    7. Nagafen's Lair Raid can we have it live for 2 - 3 months please? Especially as we are lacking in raids.
    8. Will we ever visit our other moon, Drinal?
    9. Will we ever see a return of EQ gods and will we meet the gods we haven't met yet?
  3. Serriah_Test Augur

1.) Could we do away with the "Tier System" and get back to more sandbox play like in Kunark, and Velious?

2.) Could you address the current state of the game?
    Heroic characters reek of laziness and you have 12 years of content not being used that could easily be updated to bring in new players. Why throw it away?

3.) For parsing, would it be possible to have an XML log export complete with mob IDs?
    This way, the coding will be clean and simple and, if people learn to use XPath, they can customize.

4.) The UI.
    Your XML is a hot mess so no one wants to develop tools and maintain them.
    Dre., Xanadas and Iila like this.
  4. Zaph Augur

Here are a couple of Questions ild love to see addressed :

The " Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher " quest/item; (item ID=27310)
    Has the reasons for this not returning now gone away, and can it return, either as its original incarnation, or even a upgraded one - If you want to, but are unsure how to upgrade it, ild be happy to help suggest how :) .

and

Im occasionally still hearing about people losing their characters/accounts to malicious Transfers to the Firiona Vie server.
    I would appreciate a end to this as much as anyone concerned and the EQ team, would it be possible to do a one off optional "flag as none transferable/deletable" to characters. (or maybe to whole accounts, limited to characters over a certain level)
    Yinla likes this.
  5. DebonAir Lorekeeper

My question: Will Daybreak put in more efford to fix long standing bugs - even if they considered cosmetic?

For instance:
    I /bug'ed some myself and i believe i am not the only one. And as leaola mentioned one page 3 of this thread: Can we please have feedback for an issued /bug command - in game or outside. I would like information if it is a new or an old bug and what ticket id it got in the bug tracking system.
  6. Valhert New Member

Any plans to continue Hardcore Heritage? Temporary level 105 Old Sebilis maybe?

or failing that, more blasts from the past like tier 1 RoF please?
  7. Tvex New Member

I have a feeling almost everyone's number 1 question is will the exp nerf be removed but for some reasons think it will be ignored and skirted around just like it has been all over these forums. I would like a statement either way so we can put the issue to rest and either resub or play something else
  8. Sheaffer Augur

Xp nerf, progression servers, ROF quality expansion. Most I think everyone cares about at least two of those
  9. Indigo Augur

When will a new Time Locked Progression Server be implemented? The sooner the better!
    Xanadas likes this.
  10. beyrak Augur

Excuse me, but my quote option isn't working atm.

Shortina said, " My personal concern is that you might consolidate EQ games, like close up EQ in favor of EQ2 or eliminate them both for EQNext. Is this something you have considered and what do you plan to do?"

Only if it is shutting down EQ2 and killing EQN! I am shocked thay anyone would have made such a suggestion as closing EQ. SHOCKED! :eek:

A new TLP please!
  11. Garanle Elder

What type of effort is being put in, or standards that will prevent the release of a TDS Like expansion again?

Specifically the TDS expansion is not worth a full expansion price. From the bugs and patch notes it is very evident to a number of people there were a lot of communication issues with in the team. For example crafted armor having the previous aug slots from HoT and VoA but were removed in RoF. Even the NDA on the beta was shady because it wasn't lifted a week before release.

The zones are small and can not support more than 4 groups in most of them at one time, Degmar still has an AI issue with the mercs (IE the clerics running back and forth in a hallway getting themselves killed).

Second Question: I see the anniversary has player created content, does the plan moving forward to include less developer based content, but more player created content. Is there any consideration to turning over some of the development to the everquest community (those able)?

Finally: When does EQ Stop recycling content and start creating new zones not seen before?
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. Hingabe Augur

Is there a possibility that we will see more keyrings? Possibly for clickies and or collectables or tradeskill items?
    And, is there anyway to salvage eq next's original character models (the realistic/non wow-cartoony ones), and allow the player to decide which they want to render? Similar to how we can choose pre/post luclin models for eq1
    Zujilli likes this.
  13. Hingabe Augur

And Tvex brings a very good point. A stream has more than enough time to go ahead and answer all of these questions, most are duplicates anyways. Please let us know if we should be resubbing, or moving on.
    P.S. to those wondering if eq is shutting down, do you honestly think they would spend all that money, just to kill eq? That would be the worst investment ever! Eq has crazy potential. It just needs the TLC that SoE wouldnt give it
  14. gulbinator New Member

can we go back to killing dragons? im not sure why we moved in the aliens direction, but im tired of killing aliens with swords. it never made any sense to me. thats the "vision" i would like to see.
    Dyna and Dre. like this.
  15. suka Lorekeeper

i have only one question. it is about housing.

I bought my own guild village for my guilds - each comprised of my own toons. yeah i have a lot of toons and bought the max slots on each account. i have several accounts. there are three guilds- some of them have two villages. i also bought the village for the guild another toon is an officer in. this was at $35 per village- 6 of them.

i also bought over 100 houses from the marketplace. a few more were bought with loyalty crowns. and i bought 3 guild halls at $25 each.

i also play eq2 so a lot of time is spent there. my houses are filled with tradeskill stuff and i have more then 3 toons totally maxed on tradeskills and a few more that are maxed in only two or three tradeskills each.

all of this is a lot of cash money spent. to bring in toons every 3 months for this many houses is time consuming, but i do it - every three months. i must have missed some last month because i came in this morning to find 4 eviction crates.

could we possibly get the requirements changed on houses in villages that we paid for? the land can't be sold to anyone outside the guilds. so the requirements shouldn't apply to them. even in eq2, you can be gone for months and still come back to an intact house. why not here?

i can understand the requirements on public villages. land there can be a premium, although most of them are largely vacant. but when we plop down $35 per village, that should be enough to keep us from being evicted. it simply isn't fair. can something be done about that please?
    Zujilli likes this.
  16. Numiko Augur

Might as well toss in my pet peeve:

Putting a mercenary equipment sword in the off hand of your merc warrior or rogue stops it from duel wielding and drops it's DPS almost in half, is this a "bug" or "working as intended"

If it is considered a bug will it ever be fixed?

If it is "working as intended" could you make the swords not equippable in the off hands so people do not waste their valor coins on them only to find out it actutally makes their merc less effective then before.
  17. Sancus Augur

Is there any chance at this point to not have to do the Sisters raid (or, preferably, any of the T1 raids) to get to the Tier 2 Demiplane of Blood raids? Seeing as the content is like 10 or so years old, it's annoying as hell to have to clear all of T1 for the 2.5 drop.
    suka likes this.
  18. Zyba New Member

Keep getting errors trying to post to that thread so hoping a mod can move this for me, assuming it works here...

I'm seeing lots of requests for a way to experience older content with rewards, run a variety of missions, remove the 101+ exp nerf and get people to group with other people over mercs. I have a question that may check a lot of those boxes.

Can we get a new npc in pok like a combination of Destrea Kinmare and Franklin Teek who gives a level appropriate instance of a random exp zone? He could either be random per request or change every hour or day or whatnot but have everything from crushbone to bastion of thunder and riwwi or riftseekers or even newer zones too. Would be interesting to see a level 30 version of chapterhouse too. Bonus points if this has a mob average level select function similar to Teek's hotzone quests as some people may love slaughtering light blues for tradeskills while still getting a little exp . Extra bonus points if there can be coded into the zone or task that you get from the new npc where you get bonus exp with no mercs in the zone. It could also be flagged as being of the era content where the 101+ exp nerf doesn't come into play.

Any chance of getting something like added?
  19. SaderakhBertox Augur

I'd like to see some real statistics, some just for fun.

Percent breakdown for races, classes... what are people really playing? Most popular / least popular race/class combos.

Most popular / least popular Heroic Character? Are there more of these 'freshies' being created than level 1s? Of the level 1s created, how far do they get before being shelved on average, of the ones that do see inactivity after a month or two?

How many players on average per server have finished TDS group progression?

How many active f2p accounts? (Achievements in RoF/CoTF/TDS) What percent each year go All Access? What percent of f2p accounts buy expansions?

What are the top 10 story ideas for the next expac? I say 10 so you can hide the most likely, maybe add some humor but don't beat the dead horse that is Mayong please ;)

Are you going to update the Steam page for TDS to include the new Hero's Forge sets? Either in video or pictures?

When is the rest of TDS going to come out, so people can see a few stats upgraded on their Parrot aug? (LOL I'm a slacker and don't have it but still curious)
  20. Jeanmirac Elder

A Fishing Trophy - Then Getter Yahbut of Terris Thule can retire to the dock in Rivervale in peace.
    ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.