New ideas to really help eq profit even more so it lasts forever.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Questoften32, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Israfel Elder

Someone probably said on this thread, but I didn't read every post:

I still don't know why no one has gone back and made a Hero's forge Velious armor set. Keep it race specific... who cares.

Pretty sure everyone wants this.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I like the idea of designing heros forge sets with the intention that some people might like to mix and match parts from different kinds of heros forge armor. The idea being you make various sets that would go well mixed up together. Everyone wants to look nice and uniqute.. well not everyone I guess but a lot of people.... :)
    Lisandra, Finen and Zujilli like this.
  3. Lisandra Augur

What does someone else's gear, platinum, alternate currency, xp or whatever else have to do with being fair or unfair to other players? That's some seriously flawed logic that comes across as very selfish & short sighted in my opinion.

Is it fair that groupers have worse gear than raiders? Is it fair that some servers have more players than others? Is it fair that some servers have more raid guilds that are more efficient than other servers? Is it fair that some servers have more players that like to group & therefore more groups available at prime time?

I can go on for awhile with these comparisons but my point is that it's not about fair or unfair. It's about making money off of those players willing to pay the 2500 sc or $25 to transfer off FV & whatever they choose to charge if they do charge something for those who would like to transfer off of Test. It has no direct bearing on you whatsoever & in fact would probably be a boon to the game as those players would likely bring more activity to whatever server they ended up on whether it was grouping or raiding or both.
  4. Nolrog Augur

And this is also one regular server players opinion. But that doesn't mean either should not be taken into consideration before a move like this is made.
  5. Eggborn Lorekeeper

Advertise your product and make it available in stores.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

People don't go to stores for computer games anymore. Look at any store that used to sell them and if you find any PC games, it's a miracle. I was in GameStop a couple days ago, and it was literally wall to wall console games.

It would be nice to see them advertise more, but advertising is very expensive and may not provide enough return to cover the cost.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Easy money raising options for EQ:

1. Open the item vault for a week. Put a vendor in PoK with goodies like past beta rewards and SOE live rewards and charge a million plat per item (or less). This would deffinitly bring back old players. Because if your an item collector in EQ nothing makes you want to quit more than missing an item that wont ever be in the game again. Give the collectors a small window to get caught up and want to start collecting again. Of course you would need to wait another 16 years to open the vault again.

2. Put a container in the marketplace that will turn any item into a heirloom item. Charge $60 a pop. And have the container itself be heirloom and no drop.

3. Being a gold/all access member almost isnt worth it unless you raid hardcore. So instead of starting a new progression server make a system that guild based progression that will allow you to start new progression. This way every guild in the game will be at their own progression and can play through it at their own pace. And vote when to unlock their own expansions. If you wanted to go one step further with it. Make it so players can use their current toons and then doing something like "shroud" to lv1 with no gear and start the new progression and have special achievements that give rewards to that toon when its "unshrouded". This would allow you to shut down progression servers and offer it to everyone on all servers and they can move at their own paces. EQ has a ton of content and is fun to play over and over. Something like that would deffinitly be worth gold subbing for.

4. Make a mini housing/farming expansion. Sell plant pots in the marketplace ($5 a pot) that will hold TS items and as the pot grows it returns an amount of TS items. For example, you put 100 Blue Diamonds in the pot. After a weeks time. It will spit out 1 free Blue Diamond that you can sell to the vendor, or use in TS, or just put back into the pot for a higher return next week. A pot maxxed out at 5000 would produce 50 of those mats per week. Not only would it promote more monster killing/grouping/raiding, but would also server as a means to store huge amounts of TS mats outside of the bank. You could go even further and make guild plant pots that are placeable in guild halls and their limits can be even higher. So then it feels like everyone in the guild is working on something every time they go to the guild hall.

5. Another container in the marketplace that will take the look of one item and allow you to apply it to another. There are some awesome old particle weps that I would love to use on my current weapons. Even it the container didn't copy the most current raid weapon graphics would be ok. Maybe just exclude weapons for the last 3 expansions with a special tag or something. Players really do love ornaments and the hero's forge feature. Idk why you guys wont encourge more players to look "good". All it does it make the game look that much better for new players.

Just a few thoughts I had. But it's really nothing more then ideas I like to play with. And I had nothing better to do then type them here.
  8. Truklin Elder

I like what WoW did with heirloom gear. It now scales with you as you level. EQ could do something similar with Defiant gear. Rather than have a ton of different sets you have to constantly replace, make it just 1 set of "Defiant plate/cloth/etc Breastplate" and have it scale with you as you level to be identical to group content gear at that level (Easiest way i assume would be to make it an evolving item, and have it automatically level each time the character levels). They could charge SC for it, also give a 10-15% experience bonus for wearing it giving more incentive for people to buy it.

A recurring problem new players constantly face is they are broke with no legitimate way to make enough plat without hours and hours of boredom. This would eliminate the need for them to constantly replace their gear so they could save up their plat, also the experience bonus would speed up the long leveling/aa'ing process and make the mountain of catching up on EQ seem less steep.

You could cap the gear out at 5 levels below current cap, so it stops scaling with you at level 100, also the experience bonus effect stops applying at level 101, and set an AA limit of 8k or so until the bonus experience stops applying to that as well, enough for them to be able to step into new content and not have it be overly challenging for them.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm its unfair to those on regular servers because they all had to work harder for the same gear/plat that people on test got from doing copies to test and that people on FV got by selling or buying all kinds of gear that is no drop on regular servers.

And truth be told you know this and you realize it but are trying to hide it just to be able to get off FV. You made your choice now you have to live with it. I am sorry you don't want to be on your server anymore but you enjoyed all the advantages of it for years. Transfer off without your gear and plat and earn it the same we the rest of us did on the regular servers. That's fair.

And yes there is a difference between raider gear and casual gear and it would not be fair if casuals got all the gear raiders did. Even the rare TDS and CotF raid drops wouldn't even be fair if they weren't so rare. Raiders deserve raid gear because they raid. My only arugment with it has been when group content gets tuned to challenge raiders. But they deserve to have better gear. Just as people on regular servers deserve not to be eclipsed by peeps off FV who bought all their raid gear.
  10. Sheaffer Augur

In the interest of full disclosure, Lisandra sells raid copies to the test server for krono and game cards so of course he wants transfers available. Personally I don't think it's a good idea to let people bring copied cash and bought gear over to live servers.

That being said, I used to raid on test and I'd love to bring my raid character over. I'd pay at least 30 dollars to transfer naked and 60 or 70 to transfer with non copied gear. The real sticking point I see is how to prevent people from bringing over blue diamonds or something similar as a way to transfer money. Copied gear might not matter as much but copied plat will wreck economies.
  11. Aghinem Augur

As coarse as that sounds, I agree 100%. Why would the suits of any company come to a community forum and ask for any opinion or suggestion on how to financially manage a company they just bought?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That makes things much more clear.
  13. Lisandra Augur

I've been out of the test copy business for over 6 months. Economies and the integrity of the game wouldn't be affected. Welcome to 2015 where the bottom line matters more than the opinion of a purists too stubborn to accept that things change and that money matters more to Daybreak at the end of the day more than anything else you mentioned.
  14. Lisandra Augur

Just because some people bought their gear on FV doesn't mean everyone did. Are you better than the raiders on FV because of the server they play on? For that matter are you better than someone who has less time but more money to spend so they bought their gear? I think you're taking it like a personal insult when someone else has either better gear or the same gear that you did. Do you get mad at Bill Gates for being rich or Tom Brady for being good at football or LeBron James for being good at basketball? Extreme comparisons but the basic point is the same. Time to stop worrying about what others do and worry more about what you can do and how you can improve or change whatever you might need or want to change.
  15. Sheaffer Augur

Not wanting copied Plat to ruin the entire economy of eq doesn't make you a purist
    Melanippe likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nope not taking it as a personal insult. I just don't believe that special rules servers like FV should be merged with regular servers nor do I believe that such special rules servers should be allowed to transfer off FV. Maybe if they close down the test server the could allow them all to transfer to FV. But I think a poll should be taken on FV to see if they want the people from test.

You knew the rules for the FV server when you went or started there. Why do you think the rules should be changed now? You might as well ask them to change the rules on regular servers to FV.

And LrBron James, Bill Gates and Tom Brady all leveled and got their gear on the same RL world as I did... :). Now if you know of some special rules Real World out there I would keep it to yourself.
  17. Rhaage Augur

I don't see the issue with transfers off FV with the following modifications: The droppable FV items are replaced with their no-drop equivalent, 1 transfer (off or on) per specific time period (year / month whatever)

Test... I dunno, maybe a 1 time per account transfer off.... at the original $75.... /shrug
  18. Lisandra Augur

I am ok with all of that except the $75. Test players aren't any different than any other server as far as the people themselves so they shouldn't be forced to pay 3 times what a normal transfer costs. Those wouldn't sell if they were introduced at that price range.
  19. Rhaage Augur

If I recall correctly, Test players get permanent double experience, all veteran's AA, I could be wrong but I also believe their f2p players have equivalent access to the "All Access" things like prestige and J5 mercs. The $75 was simply a barrier to reduce people from starting on test (potentially using f2p) and leveling up twice as fast and then transferring off.

edit: I do see though, that existing players should not be treated the same. I glossed over them. They played on test with no expectation of being able to leave, they should be allowed to transfer off at the same price as others
  20. Sheaffer Augur

I'd happily pay that to get my main raid char off test...especially if I could keep my non copied gear