TDS raid drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, Feb 15, 2015.

1. fortuneteller Augur

Could some dev take a look at those drop tables ?

Seems that the drops are pretty unbalanced as Adbreviura seems to drop each and every time from raid 2, and can drop twice there.
    I know some guilds got that every time they do that raid.

It can ofc be random that is going bad, but still even with that, it should not go like that.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

That hasn't been our experience.
  3. Robnie Augur

The only time we've seen this is when it dropped from the one off raid. I didn't even know it dropped from arx 2 =/
  4. Tour Augur

We've only seen 3 drops of Adbreviura on event 2, cleared weekly. You just have some bad luck with the RNG and some confirmation bias. We haven't seen it drop in any of our 1-off wins. Again, RNG, it's there but we just haven't seen it.

We're dealing with small numbers here. You'd need a very large number of raids to see any trend or suggestion that something is amiss - numbers beyond which a single guild would obtain. If you were to somehow pull numbers from all guilds you'd find that some get this (or any drop for that matter) more or less than other guilds, but nothing suggesting a problem with the RNG.
  5. Silv Augur

RNG. It's like my guild getting a single spell essence from all of our events one week (save Vitio). It's almost like raider paranoia... it "seems" there is that one item that haunts your guild even though the prevalence is truly distributed appropriately.
  6. Silentchaos Augur

Random number generators plus confirmation bias = amusing forum posts.
    Kiillz, Kellaer and Iila like this.
  7. Snowman Augur

Could we just get back to 4 items per chest again ?
  8. baider Elder

I wish this was my experience, so far a couple months and not 1 has dropped. It also supposedly drops from vitio and titos ghost but havnt seen it there. I honestly think vitio can drop any weapon from any event from what I have seen. The random drops can be fun, but also can suck when you don't have the weapon class on he raid and say you only have a few casters and get 1 caser item and 1 armor. What I would really like to see changed is the prices on gear from the merchant, 320 for anything is a bit steep, that's 32 event wins for 1 upgrade, I think 150-200 is much more reasonable and that's still 15-20 event wins for an item and if your guild clears the place that's still 3 weeks of saving crystals minus the achievements. For the guilds who are working on progression you are just now starting to be able to buy vendor stuff since the launch of the expansion. Then again, with the current content of only 7 raids in the expansion there is plenty of time to outfit your main in 100% tds raid gear.
  9. Deillusional Augur

We have have had 3 main drops of Adbreviura and 3 further that has went to twinks, we also have had about 2 rots of that item, it seems every time we do raid 2 it drops. As I loot for the guild of course I get the blame...
    Thancra and Yinla like this.